Awesome Japan

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Awesome Japan

Postby bikingjehuty » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:04 pm

My number 1 issue with the Shenmue 3 campaign are these morons and their complete lack of competence in managing this campaign. I followed the Bloodstained KS almost all the way through and compared to the Shenmue 3 KS, there is simply no comparison. Whoever managed Bloodstained kept the hype going, had interesting and easily attainable stretch goals that made sense to people, and there were way more realistic funding tiers. It shouldn't be this way and it pisses me off so much they are preventing this KS campaign be all that it can be! For the love of god and your fans, YS Net, please fire these clowns and hire a team that can still create enough hype to make this KS campaign as successful as it should be.
bikingjehuty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby KidMarine » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:07 pm

bikingjehuty wrote: YS Net, please fire these clowns and hire a team that can still create enough hype to make this KS campaign as successful as it should be.

This. Literally anyone will do. Just grab someone off the streets.

Suzuki retweets fan stuff sometimes, so he must read his mentions occasionally, is it worth contacting him over this?
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby mrandyk » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:11 pm

A blank Kickstarter page with Shenmue 3 at the top would have done just as well as Awesome Japan's campaign. 20 days left and I beg Yu to make a drastic change to hire an actual PR firm capable of bringing POSITIVE publicity to the campaign.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:11 pm

KidMarine wrote:
bikingjehuty wrote: YS Net, please fire these clowns and hire a team that can still create enough hype to make this KS campaign as successful as it should be.

Suzuki retweets fan stuff sometimes, so he must read his mentions occasionally, is it worth contacting him over this?

Yes. Tell Suzuki to fire them.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby bikingjehuty » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:11 pm

KidMarine wrote:

While Awesome Japan needs to be replaced, I fear with just under 3-weeks left in the campaign firing them and having another company come in and pick up the pieces might be more disastrous, however if things continue the way they have we might not have anything to lose. Hopefully new, non-limited finding tiers will go up this weekend and they will start putting in the same effort as the fans to get this KS campaign marketed and out there.

But yes, I think you should contact Ys Net and voice your opinion on this matter. I'm sure they are already aware of the fan's dissatisfaction with the campaign, but it wouldn't hurt.

bikingjehuty has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
bikingjehuty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:12 pm

What's the point? You guys really think he can just swap out whoever's running his Kickstarter and completely retool the page in less than a week? We're stuck with what we've got. I hope that he can somehow convince a new group to run the post-Kickstarter page, whenever that happens.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:18 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: What's the point? You guys really think he can just swap out whoever's running his Kickstarter and completely retool the page in less than a week? We're stuck with what we've got. I hope that he can somehow convince a new group to run the post-Kickstarter page, whenever that happens.

I agree. Think it's too late, unfortunately.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:23 pm

I am concerned. Don't get me wrong. I'm a little less concerned than some of you are for reasons I've explained a dozen times now.

But we have to make the most of what we have and try to right the direction of this project. It's sad that most of us would've done superior work (voluntarily), but what can we do?

The Sony announcement saved the Kickstarter as far as I'm concerned. It's funny that quite a few people think Sony's involvement hurt Shenmue 3.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:24 pm

Now we at least got a clear insight of why the Kickstarter isn't handled all that well. Someone should've looked up AJ's track record earlier I guess. I really wonder why Yu Suzuki picked these guys. Maybe because they're the cheapest?
In that case, this is money saved on the wrong end.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:27 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote:
I agree. Think it's too late, unfortunately.

I'm not convinced, each day can do the difference. But it's highly unlikely to happen from a realistic point of view, yes.

Anyway, I think to tweet Cedric about the amateurism of the situation, enough is enough.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:28 pm

Sega handing over the rights to Shenmue 1/2 and a PS4 physical copy would go a long way in saving the project.

The thing that annoys me the most about Awesome Japan is that they have some great resources available to them. All they need to do is look at how the Bloodstained and Mighty No. 9 pages are set up. It seems like they log on to their account once a day, post an insignificant update and then go into hiding.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:29 pm

I'm not saying that not every day can make a difference. But I think it will be hard to get a differnt company to run the KS. Please tweet Cedric though. :)
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Himuro » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:30 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: Sega handing over the rights to Shenmue 1/2 and a PS4 physical copy would go a long way in saving the project.

The thing that annoys me the most about Awesome Japan is that they have some great resources available to them. All they need to do is look at how the Bloodstained and Mighty No. 9 pages are set up. It seems like they log on to their account once a day, post an insignificant update and then go into hiding.

At the end of the interview, it looked like red shirt guy didn't even want to be there. He asks for questions and everyone in chat was like "XBOX" and he said,"it's going too fast!"
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Himuro » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:31 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: I'm not saying that not every day can make a difference. But I think it will be hard to get a differnt company to run the KS. Please tweet Cedric though. :)

Just tweeted this.

https://twitter.com/robotsinafrica/stat ... 2725040128
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby johnvivant » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:32 pm

We're stuck with them so i suggest we don't become overly negative about the company (since that will damage their reputation and therefore the campaign), put the errors of the campaign thus far behind us and continue offering them suggestions for improvement along with our own continued efforts to make this kickstarter the real success it deserves.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III