"$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:14 pm

I've just put up two additional languages on the $30 on the 3rd site. Thanks to sand4fish and PacemaŜinobo for translating the info to French and Portuguese. Please share the site to your friends who speak one of those languages if they don't speak English. I'll add more languages if someone wants to translate the text for me. Languages are selected right above the text about the campaign.

Thanks!

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: Mr357
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby DL30 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:34 pm

I was thinking about uping my $300 pledge to $500 anyway,so I might as well do it on the 3rd.

Hopefully it gets to at least the 5-6 million dollar mark by the time the kickstarter ends.

DL30 has received 2 thanks from: elfshadowreaper, Erevador
DL30
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Jackie Fhan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:48 am

well, i wish i had some fonts, fonts that take up more space, width and whatever.. oh well
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby elfshadowreaper » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:28 am

Those look great! How about this font: http://www.1001freefonts.com/beethoven.font

The font I've been using is called Gang of Three: http://www.1001freefonts.com/gang_of_three.font
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jackie Fhan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:57 am

Thanks and thanks for the fonts. Not sure if I'll have time to rework them with different fonts or not. Will have more work over the next few weeks than I ever usually have sadly. Thanks for the fonts, wonder if they spread out well.

Actually, this font didn't allow me to get very big. So a bit of a clarity issue.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jackie Fhan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:58 am

Thanks and thanks for the fonts. Not sure if I'll have time to rework them with different fonts or not. Will have more work over the next few weeks than I ever usually have sadly. Thanks for the fonts, wonder if they spread out well.

Actually, this font didn't allow me to get very big. So a bit of a clarity issue.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby elfshadowreaper » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:17 pm

Right now the poll says we should be about $20,815. Not bad for just the poll.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:07 pm

One of the points we should start to make clear is that 29$ for Shenmue 3 is a steal.

You can just listen to the soundtrack and pay more than 29 dls.

If "donating" is not good enough, it should be understood that Shenmue III will be (as the games before it) one of the best games of all time.

People rambling about sony, kickstart and bullshit.

You can have a game that has had 14 years of pre production, one of the greatest game developers ever, 3d graphics in UE4, it's a freaking steal !!! This is not a prebuy, this is gaming history at an absurd price.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Mystere
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby elfshadowreaper » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:41 pm

shredingskin wrote: One of the points we should start to make clear is that 29$ for Shenmue 3 is a steal.

If "donating" is not good enough, it should be understood that Shenmue III will be (as the games before it) one of the best games of all time.

You can have a game that has had 14 years of pre production, one of the greatest game developers ever, 3d graphics in UE4, it's a freaking steal !!! This is not a prebuy, this is gaming history at an absurd price.

That is a killer deal. I wish they would have a physical copy. But that's not scaring me away from supporting the Kickstarter. I'm sure they're holding out knowing the diehards will buy a physical copy when it's released though.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jackie Fhan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:51 am

elfshadowreaper wrote:
shredingskin wrote: One of the points we should start to make clear is that 29$ for Shenmue 3 is a steal.

That is a killer deal. I wish they would have a physical copy. But that's not scaring me away from supporting the Kickstarter. I'm sure they're holding out knowing the diehards will buy a physical copy when it's released though.

We should also consider what to do soon after the 3rd is over. I'm not saying we shouldn't push the 3rd as hard as possible but we should plan out what the campaing is after this one. Maybe we can chat about that privately not to interfer with this one in the time being. How do you think? but, we need to have it ready to go as soon as this one is over. I don't have any major ideas now, but we should discuss the time frame and make adjustments for what the ks is doing as the time for the 3rd approaches maybe. I will make some banners and help you out with whatever for that future push.

As for right now, yeah from the plol it's looking pretty damn good. And I'm sure only 10 percent of the people who plan to donate on the 3rd are voting or visiting the website. Pretty cool

i wish we could let the KS team know to put something up special for on on that day as well.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Snakiest » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:03 am

What I like about this whole thing is that it is a minority going smash when there are a lot more people to be attracted out there... Oh well, count me in this madness... I hope I survive my wife's rage and see the game...

In Yu we trust.
Snakiest

Postby elfshadowreaper » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:33 am

I've got no clue about what to do for the follow-up. I do think we need to hit #SaveShenmue hard after the kickstarter though to get HD remakes. I think of $30 on the 3rd as just a temporary campaign. If they add PayPal it could become a monthly thing, but if they don't this campaign will be done, and that's fine as far as I'm concerned. But for a fundraising aspect Paypal would be very important.

But from July 4-19 or whatever the end date is, I don't know what we should do. I'll try to brainstorm though. I don't think it should be focused on a dollar amount though. I think $30 on the 3rd will be successful because it's such a small amount(not to everyone, and we're not shaming) and people have accepted it very well but after this push people won't want to hear "give more, give more, give more."

I've also added an Italian translation thanks to a fan who emailed me! If it's a member here who emailed me tell me and I'll give you credit!
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jackie Fhan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:36 am

Yes, it will depend on tiers and such too IMO

I think we could think of something to push saveshenmue and push the physical edition in some way. That is what I'm thinking around. PS4 owners need to buy into the idea somehow.

The 3rd is coming up pretty soon as well :) hope to see some big moves this week
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby elfshadowreaper » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:51 am

If they add a physical copy we should just say #PreorderShenmue and post about how gamers should reserve their copy before July whatever the date is. Is it the 19th?
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jackie Fhan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:02 am

elfshadowreaper wrote: If they add a physical copy we should just say #PreorderShenmue and post about how gamers should reserve their copy before July whatever the date is. Is it the 19th?

I woldn't say preorder is a good idea only because there has been some websites with pre orders up for shenmue when that is just taking away from the KS

So, I may try to stay away from there word for now. It can be a bit confusing perhaps.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III