New Shenmue III Stretch Goals Announced - $11 Million+

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: New Shenmue III Stretch Goals Announced - $11 Million+

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:00 pm

^Shenmue HD would have gotten a new audience to donate to the Kickstarter, but as it is, the Kickstarter is really just aimed at the established fans and we are now a limited bunch to what we used to be, if the Kickstarter numbers are anything to go by (Shenmue 1 sold something like 1 million, right?)

Also, locking out Asian audiences is a weird move (no Japanese equivalent website for donations, for the fans in Japan who can't understand English to donate, no Chinese support for the game etc. Asia is a big region to cut out entirely like that...just gearing the Kickstarter and game itself towards North America and Europe is cool and all, but there are plenty of fans in Asia too)
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Rakim » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:13 pm

There actually is a link on the KS page for Japanese fans that explains how to navigate the English website to them.

http://shenmue.link/ks2.html
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ÐÃ ß×® » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:09 pm

19 Days to go and funding has been stuck at the 3 and a half million dollars for ever.

I dont think even the 5 million dollar mark is doable at that pace.
ÐÃ ß×®
Master of the Three Blades

Postby laagi » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:19 pm

More concerning some of the bigger reward pledges have been dropping out again :roll: Anyway, we still got time to do this! Go team :mrgreen:
laagi
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:24 am

ouch, worst day yet on pledges, we were down to 25k a day (half of bloostainend), but since the twitch video its plummeted to 10k a day now... that will put us shy of 4 million at the end of the kickstarter,

ÐÃ ß×® wrote: 19 Days to go and funding has been stuck at the 3 and a half million dollars for ever.

I dont think even the 5 million dollar mark is doable at that pace.

its pretty much impossible at this point now, unless something maigical happens and our daily pledge amounts increase roughly 8 fold.

what worries me is the new update where Yu says:

"At the $10 million level, the area Choubu will get a big expansion, and be like Dobuita in Yokosuka where you will have a lot of options to explore and have fun"

so unless we hit 10 million (impossible) we won't have as much to play and explore as Dobuita in the original game... :( Dobuita was smaller than all the areas in Shenmue 2....
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Switch » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:26 am

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:what worries me is the new update where Yu says:

"At the $10 million level, the area Choubu will get a big expansion, and be like Dobuita in Yokosuka where you will have a lot of options to explore and have fun"

so unless we hit 10 million (impossible) we won't have as much to play and explore as Dobuita in the original game... :( Dobuita was smaller than all the areas in Shenmue 2....

About the town size, I listened again to Yu's original words in Japanese on the video to catch the nuances. I can confirm that he doesn't specifically talk about the size of the area; he's just saying it looks similar to somewhere like Dobuita:

YS: "As we move up to and past the $10 million level, the town of Choubu will be {gradually} enhanced. The town of Choubu has a streetscape that's like, for example, Dobuita in Shenmue I, and so a lot of different options for having fun will be made available there".

These amusement options are obviously the Choubu stretch goals starting at $8 million: mini games x4, betting games x4, kung-fu mastery, part time job, game stalls. But let's hope the town itself will be a decent size even at a lower funding level.

Switch has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby James Brown » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:26 am

Switch wrote:
RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:what worries me is the new update where Yu says:

About the town size, I listened again to Yu's original words in Japanese on the video to catch the nuances. I can confirm that he doesn't specifically talk about the size of the area; he's just saying it looks similar to somewhere like Dobuita:

YS: "As we move up to and past the $10 million level, the town of Choubu will be {gradually} enhanced. The town of Choubu has a streetscape that's like, for example, Dobuita in Shenmue I, and so a lot of different options for having fun will be made available there".

These amusement options are obviously the Choubu stretch goals starting at $8 million: mini games x4, betting games x4, kung-fu mastery, part time job, game stalls. But let's hope the town itself will be a decent size even at a lower funding level.

Man that sounds awesome, I hope we can reach some of these stretch goals somehow...i'm really looking forward to any new part time jobs, but if that's the only scenario where we get one it would be disappointing - I hope that the stretch goals are merely just additional places to do what will already be a part of the game.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby elfshadowreaper » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:05 am

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote: ouch, worst day yet on pledges, we were down to 25k a day (half of bloostainend), but since the twitch video its plummeted to 10k a day now... that will put us shy of 4 million at the end of the kickstarter,

You also have to understand this was the weekend. A lot of people use that as time to spend with their families, travel, party, etc. Many of us use computers for 40 hours a week during the work-week, so we don't want to look at a computer screen during the weekend. I'm hopeful the numbers will pick up a bit this week.

Also, this slump could be because those who know about $30 on the 3rd are holding their donations back until then. Hopefully we'll see an avalanche of donations on Friday.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MJMW » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:07 am

Last edited by MJMW on Fri May 25, 2018 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
MJMW
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: FFXII

Postby Snakiest » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:12 am

This is charity. Practically. -)

Sent from my SCL22 using Tapatalk
Snakiest

Postby spinksy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:41 am

MJMW wrote: I just donated $30. I feel guilty putting money towards a game when it could go to more important things, like a charity.

What?

If you donated $30 then you have pre ordered (bought) the game!!

You can't really compare pre ordering something to doanting to charity ](*,)
spinksy

XBL: spinksy777
Currently playing: Shenmue, skies of Arcadia

Postby MJMW » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:36 am

Last edited by MJMW on Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJMW

Currently playing: FFXII

Postby spinksy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:24 pm

MJMW wrote: Who said what reward I chose? Don't be judgemental.

Well you must have chosen the 'digital version' of the game for $29 - if you just donated $30 with no reward then you've literally just done it to moan about it afterwards.....
spinksy

XBL: spinksy777
Currently playing: Shenmue, skies of Arcadia

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:06 pm

MJMW wrote: I just donated $30. I feel guilty putting money towards a game when it could go to more important things, like a charity.

Sounds like a case of white power ranger guilt.
Wude-Tang Clan

Postby GT-Racer » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:52 am

MiTT3NZ wrote:
phpBB [video]

Two things I got out of the update:

1) We need to hit $11m. Who's up for performing a heist?
2) Siege game? Really?

Hey, I was just 0.7 off the world record for Initial D Arcade Stage 3 for Akina downhill. Can I be the driver for the heist? :D
GT-Racer

Currently playing: Project CARS

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates