FIX THE KICKSTARTER!!! Awesome Japan/Suzuki/Shibuya

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: FIX THE KICKSTARTER!!! Awesome Japan/Suzuki/Shibuya

Postby Three Blades » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:41 am

Maybe, but Paypal still would be better than no Paypal. There's only one way to find out how much better it would be, and that is to get it done. I mean, what's the point in saying "we don't know that it would bring in that much money anyways". It costs nothing to try, and it can be done by one person in minutes.

Three Blades has received a thanks from: PacemaŜinobo
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby BlueMue » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:41 am

We all know how slow the Kickstarter is going and how it could be improved and whatnot. Sorry but we've had this too many times in the last 10 days or so and there isn't really anything new that can be said about it.

BlueMue has received 4 thanks from: Hyo Razuki, mjq jazz bar, PacemaŜinobo, Truck_1_0_1_
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:21 am

BlueMue wrote: We all know how slow the Kickstarter is going and how it could be improved and whatnot. Sorry but we've had this too many times in the last 10 days or so and there isn't really anything new that can be said about it.

Exactly.

Also consider we had a record-breaking first two days. All Kickstarters slow down in the middle. Awesome Japan certainly hasn't managed the campaign well, but I believe they are trying hard to improve and have done an ok job since the the infamous Twitch interview. There's certainly no going back. They're the team that built the campaign and they're going to have to see it through. I think they're going to be a much better team after all this ends.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Technophilz » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:30 am

I really hate it when people "experiment" with something as influential and hyped as the new Shenmue ... We have been waiting for this moment for a very very long time and I believe we deserve a much better campaign. A campaign not only lives to our expectations but also to the name Shenmue has made for itself over the years ...
Technophilz
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:25 am

Well, blame Ys Net. They hired them.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Doom_Infinite » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:53 am

Actually I feel Awesome Japan has already stepped up their game. Cedric Buscay also appears to be doing a lot of teasing which is great. Until the site gets some fresh new video and or images and a section dedicated on attracting new customers by talking about the Shenmue Legacy I wouldn't expect a significant boost.

Also even if the effects of these updates are not clear immediately they do matter late in the KS when people who are set to receive a reminder come and take a last look.
Doom_Infinite

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:22 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: I have a question to the people who ask for a Paypal option on the KS: Do you really think it would bring that much more money in?

I'll drop a grand if Paypal is added - a drop in the proverbial bucket, but I'm sure there are others on the fence as well.
Wude-Tang Clan

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:30 pm

I'm going to lock this since we have had this topic over 10 times already now. If you want to discuss the Kickstarter and how the team can improve upon it, just select one of the 10 topics we have already about. Don't need anymore cluttering up the forum with people repeating themselves.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Previous

Return to Shenmue III