KS Update #23+#24 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: KS Update #23 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers add

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:21 pm

I'm shocked that they went for $60 for the psychical version, I really thought that it would be about $80 or $100. It's good though as last I read only about 30% of people who buy games ever buy digital games. Also making it a limited edition will get people who where going to wait reaching into their wallet.

As for the whole put your face in Shenmue 3 stuff I'm not a fan. Looking at the members gallery you aren't the best looking bunch. If any of you care about Shenmue when you finally get the message asking you too send in a picture you should all do the right thing and send one of Paul Rudd.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Rakim
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby NismoZZzz » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:23 pm

Riku Rose wrote: I'm shocked that they went for $60 for the psychical version, I really thought that it would be about $80 or $100. It's good though as last I read only about 30% of people who buy games ever buy digital games. Also making it a limited edition will get people who where going to wait reaching into their wallet.

As for the whole put your face in Shenmue 3 stuff I'm not a fan. Looking at the members gallery you aren't the best looking bunch. If any of you care about Shenmue when you finally get the message asking you too send in a picture you should all do the right thing and send one of Paul Rudd.

Well the digital copy was only $29 which led me to believe the retail copy would probably be between $39.99 and $49.99. This $60 reward just confirmed that for me.
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:44 pm

NismoZZzz wrote:
Riku Rose wrote: I'm shocked that they went for $60 for the psychical version, I really thought that it would be about $80 or $100. It's good though as last I read only about 30% of people who buy games ever buy digital games. Also making it a limited edition will get people who where going to wait reaching into their wallet.

Well the digital copy was only $29 which led me to believe the retail copy would probably be between $39.99 and $49.99. This $60 reward just confirmed that for me.

Yuck! That sounds more like a dlc than a full game.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Axm » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Just put my 60 down!
lol #60onthe3rd
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Supa » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:12 pm

I'll up my pledge even if by a littler when I get back on the 11th!
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:36 pm

Strange that few websites have still spread out the news.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby ConanTheKing » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:50 am

Anyone know if there's an easy way to make two pledges? I want to get both PC and PS4 copy.

Yokosuka wrote: Strange that few websites have still spread out the news.

Guess it's cause it's the weekend, that's always a slow news period.
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby Miles Prower » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:05 am

4 million! Great :D
And yeah, people really shouldn't be worried about fan's faces appearing on characters/pictures in-game, I'm sure it will be done tastefully and in a way that doesn't break the immersion. Using backers' faces on Chi You Men members is probably a good move, as they will probably just be black-suited grunts seen very briefly in free battles/QTE's just like S2.

Miles Prower has received a thanks from: Reprise
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby jakester » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:02 am

Miles Prower wrote: 4 million! Great :D
And yeah, people really shouldn't be worried about fan's faces appearing on characters/pictures in-game, I'm sure it will be done tastefully and in a way that doesn't break the immersion. Using backers' faces on Chi You Men members is probably a good move, as they will probably just be black-suited grunts seen very briefly in free battles/QTE's just like S2.

Yeah the mockup on KS doesn't look bad at all. I was thinking it might be a gawdy colour picture but it's in monochrome so doesn't stick out too much.

jakester has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
jakester
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:05 am

ConanTheKing wrote: Anyone know if there's an easy way to make two pledges? I want to get both PC and PS4 copy

You need two credit/debit cards as far as I know. Then just set up a second Kickstarter login.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby b_ren » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:11 am

ConanTheKing wrote: Anyone know if there's an easy way to make two pledges? I want to get both PC and PS4 copy.

Just use second email address to sign up the kickstarter and you can use the same credit/debit card. That's why I did, donate $500 on one and $60 on the other so I can get physical copy of Shenmue for PC and PS4 :)
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Weils » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:15 am

b_ren wrote:
ConanTheKing wrote: Anyone know if there's an easy way to make two pledges? I want to get both PC and PS4 copy.

Just use second email address to sign up the kickstarter and you can use the same credit/debit card. That's why I did, donate $500 on one and $60 on the other so I can get physical copy of Shenmue for PC and PS4 :)

Done. I pulled out the extra $60 donated to my main backer pledge to 2nd account for PS4 physical copy. :D Even though I don't have a PS4, it will be nice to get a special backer case for each platform copy.
Weils
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Bayonetta 1+2

Postby joka » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:34 am

$4.2m target reached! :D

joka has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, RiGoRmOrTiS
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby zach » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:37 am

Hey guys do you think they add paypal as an option? I'm waiting for it since the announcement.
There are only 13 days left and I have money burning in my wallet, but I can't pledge!
zach
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Yakuza 4, Cave Story

Postby joka » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:59 am

zach wrote:Hey guys do you think they add paypal as an option? I'm waiting for it since the announcement.
There are only 13 days left and I have money burning in my wallet, but I can't pledge!

You mean you can but you choose not to :p

I'd assume if they did add it it would be after the KS campaign closes.

What is the big deal about pledging through Kickstarter though? I know Riku has been vocal about being against them but I don't actually know what the issue is exactly...
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III