The new trailer is bad ...

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: The new trailer is bad ...

Postby ConanTheKing » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:38 am

Himuro wrote: They released a new trailer on the final two days that has gained 65k views in less than 12 hours and you have people bitching about "what about the new fans?"

I am convinced we need to draw a line in the sand here between dumb Shenmue fans who cannot clearly read "GAME DEVELOPMENT IS ONGOING" at the bottom of a 40 second pre-alpha concept video likely done by one person in less than a week and the smart Shenmue fans who realize that the game is out in two to three years.

I laughed because it's so true what you just said, I look at the IGN comments and half of them are like "WOTS WIF DA GRAFFIKS!?!?"

ConanTheKing has received 2 thanks from: Himuro, Reprise
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Himuro » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:43 am

This truly shows what's wrong with the Internet. Yes, it gives everyone a voice. But it also gives a platform for morons to think what they have to say makes sense. This is especially true for gamers who think they understand a development process they don't comprehend and have likely never personally opened up a copy of 3ds Max themselves. Yet when it comes down to it, they're experts and have deemed it worth criticizing a 30 second pre-alpha vid.

It's laughable really. Look, I know it's summer and it's hot, but it's not good to drink your brain as a slushie.

Himuro has received 3 thanks from: kanso, mjq jazz bar, Reprise
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Otacon_ahs » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:49 am

ConanTheKing wrote:

I laughed because it's so true what you just said, I look at the IGN comments and half of them are like "WOTS WIF DA GRAFFIKS!?!?"

Yep, that was exactly my concern, but in general, it seems to be doing a good work. So i'm happy with it now.
Otacon_ahs
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue I

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:52 am

Wich media has picked the teaser news ??

Gamespot hasn't, gametrailers hasn't, IGN did, eurogamer did.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Miles Prower » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:15 am

It's an underwhelming 'trailer', for sure, but as people have said, I don't think there's a whole lot else they can show right now. Although IIRC, Yu said gameplay footage of the final build won't be shown until 2017, so could mean we will still see beta footage/screens before then? (as with the first two games). But yeah in either case it'll be a while before we see something more substantial...
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby punkmanced » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:09 pm

Well, it would’ve made more sense as a quick, backer only “thank you”, IMO, as opposed to something advertised on the main page.

At the same time…let’s face it…those 55K pledges ARE from longtime fans, no matter how we spin it…so I guess it really does make no difference either way.

They laid it out from day 1: “for the fans, by the fans”… but I was just too optimistic to see it for what it was, thinking that reeling in newcomers would take precedence once the initial campaign goals had been met. ](*,)

F**king Shenmue and marketing, man, it’s like a curse at this point
:rotflmao:
Well, whatever, at least we’re getting the game!
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:35 pm

OH MY GOD STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE THEY HAVENT EVEN STARTED MAKING THE GAME YET!!!

Haven't read anything past the first post, but feel I've probably summed up all four pages already. Was I right?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby PILMAN » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:01 pm

As they say, if shenmue 3 wasn't made, people would still be complaining. If shenmue 3 was made, people would complain about the first 2 games. You can't satisfy everyone.

Anyways, clearly the backer numbers indicate people are aware this is not even alpha footage, the game isn't even technically in development yet and is entirely crowd funded.

I am a part of the kingdom come deliverance alpha and I can tell you that even with their financing, there originally was no voices and some temporary crappy voice overs were used for presentation, the models had funny looking hair and animations but now fast forward time, everything is starting to slowly look much better with motion capture and lip syncing, all the fans are patient.

The same applies for shenmue 3, stop worrying, the video was just released likely to show something on the basics what Ryo and shenhua and graphics could look with today's generation.
PILMAN
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby LucBu » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:07 pm

The glare and bloom of those lighting effects are a little over-emphasized. Wouldn't have killed them to have cranked down the lens flare as well - it's like one drag bar to do. 'More subtle' is the phrase I'm going for.

Perhaps it's the dark but I do think the Ryo model's been touched up somewhat, his motions were reminiscient of the body langauge we've come to expect from him as well. It's exciting to see.

I was expecting a trailer blagging Yu Suzuki's feats and projects but this is actually a little better. The only thing that would have beaten it would be some hyper detailed model of Lan Di riding a bicycle, his frown or smirk and the ring of the bike bell.

Well 5.5+ here we come.
LucBu

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:11 pm

Miles Prower wrote: It's an underwhelming 'trailer', for sure, but as people have said, I don't think there's a whole lot else they can show right now. Although IIRC, Yu said gameplay footage of the final build won't be shown until 2017, so could mean we will still see beta footage/screens before then? (as with the first two games). But yeah in either case it'll be a while before we see something more substantial...

Cedric Biscay said in an interview posted today that he hopes a new trailer and possibly something more will be shown at MAGIC next year. Fingers crossed \:D/

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Phong » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:14 pm

It's a WORK IN PROGRESS.

That means that they are WORKING ON GLOWING THINGS and RURAL CHINESE GIRL BUTTS.

*Glowing butts* okay? Stop being so negative! \:D/
Phong

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:16 pm

Sonoshee wrote:
Miles Prower wrote: It's an underwhelming 'trailer', for sure, but as people have said, I don't think there's a whole lot else they can show right now. Although IIRC, Yu said gameplay footage of the final build won't be shown until 2017, so could mean we will still see beta footage/screens before then? (as with the first two games). But yeah in either case it'll be a while before we see something more substantial...

Cedric Biscay said in an interview posted today that he hopes a new trailer and possibly something more will be shown at MAGIC next year. Fingers crossed \:D/

And I will be there. Hype!

Peter has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Kenny » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:17 pm

Is the one on the right a fan design or an official tweak?

Cause it looks so much better.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Himuro » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:20 pm