Feminism

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Feminism

Postby amiga1200 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:32 pm

Three Blades wrote: If anything, sex workers are the ones who are taking advantage of our male libido in an effort to relieve us of our hard-earned money. Males don't exploit sex workers, it's the other way around. Sex workers see us men as nothing more than money-dispensing commodities.
:-s (the only 'real' contribution i have to this debacle of a subject.)
okay, that's just BULLSHIT, plain as.
i'm a man, and agree with the reasons you've stated above the quote here, but this quote totally undermines mens ability to make decisions.
damn straight i'm a walking tripod when i see a trashy dressed woman. but it's MY choice to act on that impulse, NOT theirs.
the sex worker maybe in control, but that's just a halfarsed way to put it.
there's NO control on either side, but a CHOICE!
i'm sure of myself, but a line is blindingly clear, and not to be crossed.
and btw, i'm an 'equal opportunity discriminator'....
any man comes at me with fists brandished, walking the walk of intentions (and actually smashes me in the jaw) then he's worth doing time for, me or im!
if a woman does the same, she gets the same level. the borders are repelled...and have done in the past.
and i wish somebody would just put three in SARKesians 'computer'...or, maybe somebody offer her a sympathy fuck. (tasty by appearance, but i wouldn't tool it for all the tea in china, too characteristically ugly at heart, and that can rob a womans 'sex' appeal in a flash.)
NO!
just becase we get all googly at dangling jubbies DOESN'T put the woman in control.
as a MAN, i choose to act, so by definition, when the motions are run through, it would seem I'M in control because if i don't like what my dick got hard for, she aint getting shit! (and i'm certain it's vice-versa too, but i'm no woman, so i can't account for their wiring personally, not them.) :???:
[edit]
typo.
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby mue 26 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:22 pm

shredingskin wrote: Women are objects because are sex workers ?? Pretty much every npc in a game is an object, background decoration. That's how games work. You enter a store, you use the vendor npc as a register machine.

This is what happens when bullshit philosophy comes into play, with the new definition (bogus) of "an object is something to be acted upon" means that everything is an object, a cashier, a taxi driver, a patient, etc. Because in reality connections don't work like that.

BTW if you think that a woman that is hot, and works in the bussiness of pleasure is an object you are the one dehumanizing people for their own choices.

Huh, I have no clue what you're talking about really. Are you trying to deny that games (and films and any kind of media that exists) objectify women at all?

Telling a simple story of damsel in distress is a sexist trope because says women are physically inferior or is just a simple way to tell a story in a couple of seconds ?

It's both: a sexiest trope that has been used historically by story tellers, and one that still gets overused today by lazy writers because it's easy. That doesn't mean all the writers who use sexist tropes, or all designers who work on games that feature sexist tropes, are sexist though. This is a wider problem whereby sexism is still ingrained and normalised in our society.

Three Blades is a bit mental to be honest, and so is that amiga guy.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:41 pm

I'm saying that the definition that neo feminist give of objetification is a fallacy, because it's a false dichotomy, it isn't a dialectic relationship and never is.

And no, it's not sexist if a woman gets kidnapped. Is the lazy, stupid, fat guy from pretty much every sitcom is sexist too ?? Or the male action piece of meat ??

If you go by the train of logic that these people ramble about "objetification" you can twist it the way you want because it has no actual meaning. Have thought of what works in that mindframe ?? NOTHING. Because the same way people can call bayonetta a sex object others can call it empowerment, people can take offence for anything, it's not a quality.

Like I said before, if you propose those barriers there's not any cultural aspect that can be reevaluated, and so, nothing to gain.

And BTW it can't go both ways, because if you have a female "action hero" it will be just "the male female" trope, also sexist...
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby amiga1200 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:18 pm

@ mue.
way to insult an opinion, but it's all it is, an opinion. (i won't go down the road of insults.)
:rotflmao: ](*,) :-k :rotflmao: :-({|= I'M OFF MY MEDZ! :king:
phpBB [video]
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:05 pm

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:20 pm

Seein as we're doing this...

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Three Blades » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:00 pm

damn straight i'm a walking tripod when i see a trashy dressed woman. but it's MY choice to act on that impulse, NOT theirs.

Of course! But they still see us as a money-dispenser. That's all we are to them. They are objectifying us. And I applaud you for not choosing to let them.

Personally, when one's libido must be satisfied, I believe that the healthier option is to invite a girl for a drink, and try to steer the conversation in the appropriate direction to try and close the deal. Sadly, most of the modern harpies (like Rebecca Watson) would label even a simple drink invitation as "harassment".
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mue 26 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:33 pm

shredingskin wrote: I'm saying that the definition that neo feminist give of objetification is a fallacy, because it's a false dichotomy, it isn't a dialectic relationship and never is.

And no, it's not sexist if a woman gets kidnapped. Is the lazy, stupid, fat guy from pretty much every sitcom is sexist too ?? Or the male action piece of meat ??

I'm genuinely :???:

If you go by the train of logic that these people ramble about "objetification" you can twist it the way you want because it has no actual meaning. Have thought of what works in that mindframe ?? NOTHING. Because the same way people can call bayonetta a sex object others can call it empowerment, people can take offence for anything, it's not a quality.

Well yeah there are examples like Bayonetta that people can debate over (and I personally have no issue with Beyonetta), but there are an endless stream of characters whose objectified status are pretty damn clear cut.

And BTW it can't go both ways, because if you have a female "action hero" it will be just "the male female" trope, also sexist...

Yeah I'm not really a fan of the whole "male female" argument some people make, as I really don't think men and women are that different and I think women should get to be everything men can be, so maybe we'd agree there. But then I don't really get what your saying, because Anita is currently doing a series of video praising good examples of women game characters, including action leads like Jade from Beyond Good and Evil. So it's not like there's no pleasing people.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby blacktorn » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:40 pm

Jeff wrote: The attack on manspreading. That's feminism gone amok. A man can't even let his fuzzy nuggets breathe. It's destroying the foundations of society and can be blamed for many of the problems we have today.

Agreed,problem is most women in the west now grow up without the notion it's respectable for a women to be a homely wife that looks after her family...they all want careers now and women who don't work are looked down upon,it's totally different in other areas of the globe.

I ultimately believe it's the giant movement of disbelieve of God that has caused this...
blacktorn
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:49 pm

mue 26 wrote:I'm genuinely :???:

What is that you don't you understand ?

BTW the example of Bayonetta is just one of many, like the posts before you stated, you can even see prostitues as objects and men as objects, because of this stupid narrative of objetification feminists are trying to impose.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:22 am

I dunno what games you play Mue, but females tend to have important "strong, independent woman" roles in whatever I play. Except MGS3 (that first scene with the bird on the motorbike made me facepalm a little) and the princesses in the Mario games. Then again I rarely play those two anyway.

What games in particular are you actually referencing?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:35 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: I dunno what games you play Mue, but females tend to have important "strong, independent woman" roles in whatever I play. Except MGS3 (that first scene with the bird on the motorbike made me facepalm a little) and the princesses in the Mario games. Then again I rarely play those two anyway.

What games in particular are you actually referencing?

Did you ever beat the game? She's a pretty good character despite the boobs n bikes
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:40 am

No. The control scheme was like trying to learn an alien translation of Egyptian hieroglyphs as drawn with the mouth of a paraplegic.

However, you make a good point. How many of these people have actually played through the entirety of the games whose characters their criticising? Are they not judging these characters solely on their looks? The irony would be delicious.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby manuel tripero » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:52 am

I grasp some hindsight in that comment.
manuel tripero
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:21 am

I seriously just can't understand how someone who a woman has never wanted to have sex with can lecture others how a woman should be treated. If a woman has never wanted to do that with you maybe the way you treat them isn't right. Same reason I won't listen to the fat guy at work when he offers advise on working out or take someone's opinion on a game when they've never played it.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic