New Shenmue Trademark Information

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: New Shenmue Trademark Information

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:17 am

Henry Spencer wrote: Get your butts ready, SEGA listened to the fans pleas... Shenmue Gai is coming back!

:lmfao:

This. It would be so like Sega to actually do some bullshit like that. I bet they'd rather make some crap like Shenmue Gai, Shenmue Online or Shenmue the Fighters before they actually make Shenmue 1 and 2 HD ports. :lol:
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby NeoShredder » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:00 am

Hyo Razuki wrote:Shenmue the Fighters

:lol:
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby R3N » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:00 am

Himuro wrote: You say money talks louder than words yet Sega has not said even a word of congratulations to Yu about Shenmue III's KS campaign.

Why should they congratulate him in public? What is the need?
Like Yu said, he has good relationships with Sega. They can do that personally.

Are you saying our effort in the kickstarter was a waste of time and was not an achievement at all?

If bloodstained success impressed Sony Ceo and he said they were very successful then I am sure its going to impress Sega too.

Shenmue surpassed both bloodstained(castlevania) and mighty 9 (mega man) both franchise that very very well know with multiple games in multiple successful consoles compared with Shenmue that was in a failed niche console.

People that think the kickstarter funds of just $4,116,641-$4,559,972 will be enough to fund Shenmue III are very delusional in my opinion.
Shenmue kickstarter was just like bloodstained a kickstarter to measure the interest.

I hated Sammy for blocking the way for a new sequel but we have to learn to forgive them after all if they would had say no to Yu. There would not be a Shenmue III kickstarter at all.

In my opinion I think SegaSammy made some kind of deal with Yu. That if the kickstarter was successful in their eyes they would give the green light to Shenmue and invest in it. I am sure they expected the kickstarter to fail but we prove them wrong.

Time will tell in the end. But we still don't know what the "deal" with Sega was that Yu can't mention.
Can you think of another investor that Yu can't mention other than Sega?
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:37 am

As far as YSnet has not find a publisher, we can still raise questions about Sega's involvement. They just don't want invest massively in development. More the game looks great in the coming months, more it's fine for us.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Dragon St. » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:43 am

R3N wrote:
Himuro wrote: You say money talks louder than words yet Sega has not said even a word of congratulations to Yu about Shenmue III's KS campaign.

Why should they congratulate him in public? What is the need?
Like Yu said, he has good relationships with Sega. They can do that personally.

The need is there for the fans to see a public acknowledgment. As Shenmue fans also happen to be a huge portion of the (former) Sega fanbase. If Sega wants to win back trust, acting as if this KS of one of their most loved franchises never happened, is not a good idea.

Dragon St. has received a thanks from: Himuro
Dragon St.
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Thief » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:14 am

Great picture of Shenhua spreadeagle with a pie on her crotch.

Thief has received a thanks from: Himuro
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:21 am

Multiple threads about a copyright and a trademark seems a bit excessive to me. It seems like many of us have forgotten Shenmue 3, with Sega's blessing, was just announced.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: amiga1200
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby amiga1200 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:25 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: Multiple threads about a copyright and a trademark seems a bit excessive to me. It seems like many of us have forgotten Shenmue 3, with Sega's blessing, was just announced.
^^ tar the rest for all i care, can't argue with the truth! :mrgreen:
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby shenmue852 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:33 pm

Himuro wrote: Sega? Sounds like Shenmue HD \:D/

Although Shenmue re release is likely, this specific news could just be a result of Sega granting the license to YsNet. The fact that the copyright was used at all after being dormant for so long is probably what legally reactivated it.

Also, I fully expect any re release to just be Dreamcast VGA resolution, since any digital release of Shenmue would technically be marketable as "HD".
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue III