What TV series are you watching?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Postby Chaos » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:38 am

I don't know what I posted last time, which I know wasn't all that long ago, but whatever.

Rick and Morty - Favorite show on right now. Need more leaks.
Hannibal - Fuck them for cancelling this. I'm debating reading the books, but I hear only the first couple are even worth it.
True Detective - Not as good as season 1 but eh, it looks like its gonna end on a high note
And about a week ago I finished my rewatch of Mad Men. Can't believe how amazing that show stayed the whole way through.
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:31 am

Anthony817 wrote:I have been watching the Stephen king TV series Under the Dome. It is pretty gory for a standard American TV series that is on basic network TV.

I watched the first season but gave up as it tried to be to much like Lost and just be weird for the sake of it. My brother read the book and said it is more about a small community pulling together to survive and about the people which is what I found more interesting. Plus it did that annoying thing where it put kids in the show and decided to show them longer then 5 minutes.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby amiga1200 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:35 am

@ Anthony817. fair enough.
when RD first aired, we wasn't allowed to watch it at borstal (made us think outside the life/slave programming experience wheel, and they DID NOT approve. :rotflmao: ) so we ended up rushing a screw-staffer for his TV, swiped an emergency petrol powered generator and disappeared into the surround forest.
dug a shitty little bunker to take us out of the normal ranges of sight, and it was worth it! :mrgreen:
craig charles even visited the same borstal (as the RAGS call em, all boys residential schools. i call em psycho makers that end hunting authority figures, just coz.) before he was a fully fledged/KNOWN actor, he was giving a liverpool perspective on why prison is not a good place to be. (yeah, hypocrite. and if he knew the place he was visiting, he wouldn't have said ANY of his shit. prison is EASY by comparison...experience talking. except, one is for crooks, guess which one?!)
watched a bit of the dome, still out on that.
after red dwarf, think i'll chunk back into falling skies. :P (and one thing that fucks me up about some good TV series, like thresh hold and invasion, they get cut short without warning. DICKS! :evil: )
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Bambi » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:44 pm

Riku Rose wrote:Plus it did that annoying thing where it put kids in the show and decided to show them longer then 5 minutes.

A good way to ruin any show.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Shenmue_Dojo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:41 pm

Currently I'm watching Hell on Wheels, The Strain, Ray Donovan (1st season), Hannibal, True Detective. Just started to watch 3rd season of Orange is the New Black, unfortunatly its not so good as the previous seasons. Watching this all shows its time consuming, when I have more free time I'm planning to watch last season of Masters of Sex.

In this month will be premiere of Narcos, I think it will be a very good tv show :).

phpBB [video]
Shenmue_Dojo
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:56 am

I've started re-watching 15 Storeys High yesterday.
phpBB [video]
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby amiga1200 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:35 pm

8) lexx. series one.
found a torrent package with the first set, looking for the rest... :P (s1, e1 below)
phpBB [video]

Code: Select all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvqnjEQljYs
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Postby OL » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:49 am

Just watched the original pilot for Burn Notice.
I never really watched the show regularly before; I'd always catch a random episode here and there, and I always enjoyed what I saw. Just never actually followed it.
I think I'll start watching through the whole thing now though. Great pilot. It's really interesting how much is different from later stuff though; Fiona is played as Irish at the start, Michael's mom is a hypochondriac in a bad wig, and Michael himself is a helluva lot more ruthless than I remember from the later episodes (he executes two guys in a bathroom within the first five minutes, blows a hole in a drug dealer's leg through a wall, teaches a little kid how to smash in a bully's face, and tricks a guy into shooting someone else, then blackmails him with the evidence).
Despite never seriously following it before, it did always strike me as a weirdly feel-good show, thanks to the sunny Miami setting and clever characters and situations. Guess I've got a lot of feel-good to watch through now.

Also been watching all the episodes of Scrubs that I'd missed on its original run. Never watched the final season before; always expected that I'd probably hate it, with a bunch of new characters and a completely new setting and all that. I usually hate when that kind of thing happens in a show. But, surprisingly, it's still really funny; the new characters that get introduced are actually really likable (totally forgot that Dave Franco was in it), and just enough of the original cast sticks around to give it a familiar tone. Got some great laughs out of it, and that's all I can really ask of a sitcom.
Too bad the show was cancelled after that (and yet Cougar Town continued for another several years; blech).

OL has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:50 pm

I've started watching the first season of Metal Hurlant Chronicles. It's actually not that bad. Some episodes are better than others, but overall it's not as abysmal as people made it out to be.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:08 pm

Burn Notice was a fine show, IMO. Great show for I've-seen-him-or-her-in-some-other-shows actor and actress spotting.

I've been getting my head nipped by my buddy to keep watching Sons of Anarchy. Up to season 4, and the main characters are still pissing me off. Gemma fucking Teller, I hope she ends up with her head cut off! :evil:

Danny Trejo and his sidekick (who played David Aceveda in The Shield) look like interesting and extremely powerful new characters, though...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:33 pm

NYPD Blue. Up to Season 3, at the moment. Fans of The Shield and similar cop shows should watch this. It's real good. Love the cheesy (and funky) 90s music in it. It's also fun seeing so many actors appearing "before they were big" in TV or film. lol.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:33 pm

^I used to love NYPD Blue. I only see the first two seasons quite a few years back. I thought about watching it again just a few months back but when I see there was 250+ episodes it really put me off.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:15 am

NYPD Blue was huge back in the day.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:42 am

I used to watch it when my mum and dad watched it on the TV. Kinda wanna change my avatar to a Sipowicz one now, but not gonna.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby amiga1200 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:36 pm

T.J. hooker. (one of shatners finest.)
earns it's name well. :lol:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083486/
^^ good series. (back on one, taking it to the top of five gradually.) :mrgreen:
now if i start watching hill street blues...*shudders* :roll:
NO fuckin comment! (at least cagney and lacey was good for a laugh!) :P
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083395/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic