Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:06 pm

Thief wrote: Many people seem to not think they're that scary, but I find Dinosaurs to be the scariest of the "movie monsters". The idea of dealing with velociraptors scares the bejeebus out of me.

I was speaking to a woman I know a few days ago and she was telling me how Jurassic World scared her and she's never seen any of the other Jurassic Park films. Found that weird.

Although I found it weirder that she didn't know dinosaurs exsisted and thought they were made up like dragons and unicorns. She isn't even from a religious background or anything who claim the earth is 5000 years old. She also just got some of the best exam results at her Uni, oh the education system is a wonderful thing.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:51 pm

phpBB [video]
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby amiga1200 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:08 am

^^ the last few posts made for some good reading, and i DERIVED much pleasure (at the expense of...) out of them, and to think i gave a toss what positions some are in, and their 'word'... :rotflmao: (should be redfaced, but i'm laughing at these boards right now.)
as for the video above, it's almost on par that some thought red/ginger hair was actually a curable condition/ailment... :roll:
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Raithos » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:55 pm

We can play Triple Triad on our phones now! If you download the Final Fantasy Portal App you can get a free version. It has in app purchases, but you don't have to buy them. Sadly it runs on a stamina system. You can hold five at once, and you get one another one like every 20 minutes or so if you drop below 5. You can buy them of course to get them faster, but just wait it out.

The app also includes a full free version of Final Fantasy, has to be run through the app though. But still, its free. Been busy for a few weeks. Hope everyone is doing well!
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Raithos » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:07 pm

There's another name you might know me by... Star-Lord.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Axm
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:23 am

Yakuza Creator Has An Exciting New Game To Announce At Tokyo Game Show 2015

“We’ll announce [a new title] at Tokyo Game Show, and it’ll be a good one,” he continued. “And I believe that Sega’s live showing at Tokyo Game Show will be the most exciting one we’ve seen in a while.”

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/08/24/ya ... ZRdWkRI.99
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:46 am

Me when I tried to play MGS3...

phpBB [video]
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby rome » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:59 am

Thief wrote:It's interesting that with certain games I just don't get much satisfaction out of them anymore, and I think I know the reason why. I used to play a lot of games with my brother and my neighbor, I used to walk across the street with a new game I'd rented from blockbuster and we'd play it all day in the n64, having a good time, collecting jiggy's or whatever the fuck, eating pizza-rolls. It was great playing the game with someone else... but when I hook up my N64 and plug in Banjo-Kazooie, it just isn't fun. I don't want to sit here and play this game by myself -- I'd rather have a good time/adventure with another person. So many games are like this for me and just playing them honestly makes me sad to play them.

I've been plaything through the Resident Evil games with my brother whenever we get the opportunity, and it's been a blast. I'm gunna focus my (playing games) time so that it's spent as a social activity rather than a solitary one. I've spent enough time playing games by myself -- i miss the old way I used to play games. With other people.

I'm with you on this Thief. I too spent a lot of time back in the day playing games with other people, like SI and SII with my best friend. Going over to his dad's house on the weekends, running to Blockbuster on Friday night and playing whichever game we rented all weekend long.

I have the original Xbox set up right now, and I've been playing this old basketball game for the last 4 hours. Honestly I don't know how.
My friend was over about a week ago and played the same game (I just watched) and I had a helluva better time then I currently am. One of my other friends would come over all the time just to watch me play Hitman and it was too much fun. Just having another person around to discuss it with makes for such a better experience.

Of course there is certain game's I prefer to play alone and not be distracted, but plenty of others where I'd appreciate having someone to play with and shoot the shit.

rome has received a thanks from: Thief
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby amiga1200 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:16 am

:???:
got too much shit i don't use, in the form of hand-helds.
apart from testing, this end DOESN'T justify the means. :mad:
psp-go/3k is about the one exception worth keeping, on account of big-screen output.
think i'll have to give away the redundancies, got most for free anyway.
have to admit, psvita was a serious fuckin mistake, and i tried to give that to a friends daughter, she couldn't be fucked with it, and i saw it returned a week later.
got a call from on old friend, she's got a job at some 'childrens home/orphanage' and this maybe an ideal opportunity to offload some shit i don't need before i pack my main gear for moving address, and can get better used and enjoyed, had my fun on em. (signature contains redundancies, too many.)
i'll keep one of the cartridge to sm converters a piece for the handhelds, let the rest go with a library of roms to kick em off with. :mrgreen:
new generation of gamers about to come into their own, i can return that favour.
the net allowed me to upload, catalogue my games, and rip shit if needed, this is a weird way i can offset the balance...a bit! :P
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Postby Oppy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:03 am

ps4 collection going steady :)
Add me on Psn Oppy89

Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Sonikku » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:52 pm

Gotta go fast.

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: Bambi, myshtuff
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Giorgio » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:35 am

The main-stream or mass public, hates everything of slow pace interactive entertainment, unless some individuals of that part, have a soft spot for such experiences.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby amiga1200 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:21 pm

:mrgreen: if any GTA-VC fans about, this may, or may not interest you?
in any case, i'll just leave it here for your perusal. :P
Code: Select all
http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5072

[edit]
typo.
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Postby Raithos » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:17 pm

phpBB [video]

When he takes off his helmet "Pshhhhhhhhh" lol best game add I've seen in awhile

Raithos has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonikku » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Bambi Latte!
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming