Latest Purchases

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Latest Purchases

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:06 pm

Axm wrote:I got a Playstation TV for $30. It's cool but you know, limited. For $30 its worth it though.

I was thinkimg of getting one too but then noticed many of the games I own or want to get aren't compatible with it so decided to just stick with my vita for now. I'm not really sure why the thing is so limited, apparently it wont even play netflix :^)
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Sonikku » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:02 pm

Axm wrote: Being back here in California for the past few weeks and I was robbed. My sisters apartment was broken into and they took many other things, computers, TV, car keys etc.
Both my bags with clothes and most importantly my really expensive camera and more expensive lens were stolen too.

Welcome back to America! :D
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:39 am

Just preordered these:

Been waiting a helluva long time for them to finally come to bluray, and it's nice to see them both being released in such spectacular manner.
Kwaidan is easily one of the greatest Japanese horror films ever made, and I'll take the Yakuza Papers series over the Godfather series any day.
All of it is costing a pretty penny, but as long as i just save a bit before they release, it should be no problem. Gotta grab the Yakuza Papers one quick anyway, because these Arrow Video releases are always limited editions (usually only 3000 copies), and their prices usually jump pretty soon after release.

OL has received 3 thanks from: Sean, Shin Pan Tzee, south carmain
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:54 am

Holy shit i would kill for that yakuza papers boxset.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:38 am

That's a damn nice set for Yakuza Papers. Which version of Kwaiden is that, by the way? Is the remake any good? Or should i just stick to the original if I was to watch it? EDIT: Huh, it appears I may be mistaken, there's also a J-horror film with the title "Kaiden" which is a remake of another horror film entirely. So confusing.

Been into reading manga again recently and figured it's taken me long enough to get around to Tsutomu Nihei's stuff. It's all bleak cyberpunk/dystopian future settings with cybernetic enhanced humans, dark buildings and disease ridden worlds; Biomega even has a talking bear with a sniper rifle. Biomega's action is just ridiculous too. Everything about it is ridiculous, but it's fun. Blame is more bleak and weird. Think I'll carry on with Biomega right now since Blame is so expensive to buy now due to the low print run.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Sean » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:19 am

OL wrote: Just preordered these:

Been waiting a helluva long time for them to finally come to bluray, and it's nice to see them both being released in such spectacular manner.
Kwaidan is easily one of the greatest Japanese horror films ever made, and I'll take the Yakuza Papers series over the Godfather series any day.
All of it is costing a pretty penny, but as long as i just save a bit before they release, it should be no problem. Gotta grab the Yakuza Papers one quick anyway, because these Arrow Video releases are always limited editions (usually only 3000 copies), and their prices usually jump pretty soon after release.

This box set is a lot better value than the Blu-ray collection that was released in Japan about 2 years ago. A must-have pick up for me.
Sean
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Sandbox

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:30 am

Speaking of, anyone else ever see the film Triple Cross (AKA Double Cross in certain regions) also from Kinji Fukasaku? That was a good one. The way the film escalates to the the insane climax at the end was great.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Ryuuji95 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:51 pm

The Xbox 360 Version of WWE All-Stars since the PS2 version that i have is boring.
Ryuuji95
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Fury7493
XBL: HazukiXL64
Steam: AkiraXL64
Currently playing: Virtua Fighter 5: FS

Postby Jibby » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:22 pm

Just bought a Radeon R9 290X GPU to replace my old Nvidia 650ti.

The thing is a beast! One of the biggest graphics cards I've ever seen. Somehow I managed to fit it into my mini ITX build but I can barely get the case's shell back on now lol.

Please excuse the dustiness under my desk and on the top of my case! I can assure you it's been dusted since this picture was taken :P

Jibby has received 2 thanks from: Raithos, Sonikku
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:06 am

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Raithos
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:34 pm

Jibby wrote: Just bought a Radeon R9 290X GPU to replace my old Nvidia 650ti.

The thing is a beast! One of the biggest graphics cards I've ever seen. Somehow I managed to fit it into my mini ITX build but I can barely get the case's shell back on now lol.

Please excuse the dustiness under my desk and on the top of my case! I can assure you it's been dusted since this picture was taken :P

Lovely card. :) That's what I'd get if I could. Due to finances I'm still kicking around a 7770. :oops: Great that it fits in your case, but do the card's fans have enough space to vent? It appears as though it would be choked by heat.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Jibby » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:11 pm

Sonikku wrote:Lovely card. :) That's what I'd get if I could. Due to finances I'm still kicking around a 7770. :oops: Great that it fits in your case, but do the card's fans have enough space to vent? It appears as though it would be choked by heat.

Thank you :D

Even under load it's been running really cool with the shell off (cooler than my tiny little 650!). They are some really powerful fans. I plan on cutting a hole in the side of the case so that the fans can be exposed whilst protecting the rest of the build from dust.

And yeah it definitely isn't the cheapest of cards but I got a very good deal as I bought it from my brother.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mrslig100 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:27 am

This one:
That one:
And this
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby Ryuuji95 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:56 pm

65" LG 3D LED HDTV. Now i can watch Netflix in 3D.

Ryuuji95
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Fury7493
XBL: HazukiXL64
Steam: AkiraXL64
Currently playing: Virtua Fighter 5: FS

Postby csmakio » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:47 am

wedding bands \:D/

Less than 2 months to the big day!