Shenmue 3 stage in testing

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue 3 stage in testing

Postby Switch » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:49 am

A tweet from Cedric Biscay:

Sounds promising! Great to see that the developers already have a playable stage in testing.

Switch has received 7 thanks from: Amir, Axm, Kaze518, Kintor, Kiske, NeoShredder, Sonoshee
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Re: Shenmue 3 stage in testing

Postby Kiske » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:01 am

Just posted the same news and picture on another thread. :mrgreen:

We really need some official news discussion thread :king:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby iyapol » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:00 am

Exciting! Does this mean the first concepts / screenshots might not be too far off?
Last edited by iyapol on Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:18 am

It could have been anything. Possibly a QTE sequence of jumping over the rocks like in the E3 video. Or maybe it's the actual physics of Ryo walking around etc. But I wouldn't get too carried away, I would bet it's still a very rough model of what we will get in the future.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby fittersau » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:38 am

Peter wrote: It could have been anything. Possibly a QTE sequence of jumping over the rocks like in the E3 video. Or maybe it's the actual physics of Ryo walking around etc. But I wouldn't get too carried away, I would bet it's still a very rough model of what we will get in the future.

Yeah, it's only been 3 months since the KS was announced and about 1 month since proper development began after the initial recruiting process. Finally it's only a few weeks since he tweeted he had completed the planning of the story.

One of the great things however of the Unreal 4 engine is it's ability to rapidly build playable features in game, so there could be something fun made already. I doubt it's a whole section complete but for example the Chobu ferry landing area could be completed. Suzuki tweeted those architectural floor plans of the building early on, it's a section of the game which is early as well. Could be there.

Oh the irony of seeing Playstation A X O [ ] on a Shenmue game.. won't be lost on me when I first play it... lol :rotflmao:
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kintor » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:46 am

I know its early days yet but this news still brings a smile to my face. :)

It feels good knowing that Shenmue 3 is finally happening. I can't wait until we see the first footage of the game in action. Of course, I still want Yu Suzuki to take all the time he needs to make Shenmue 3 perfect. He should only show us something when he's satisfied that section of the game meets his expectations.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shibiryo » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:09 am

Would it be better to not watch the gameplay footage at all, keep it inside and then set yourself eyeballs to the screen at release. Can anyone do it? Could any fan possibly pull of this unjustful stunt?
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby fittersau » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:38 am

I prefer no spoilers to be honest.. except the ones I already know.. lol.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:52 am

I am ok with photos, but I don't want to watch a game play video. Pictures we can look at every little detail and have fun with our own imaginations, but seeing videos of something we will actually play is something that I will avoid. I will say as time goes on, we may have to have a global announcement written up regarding spoilers, and be harsh with making sure topics are clearly labelled, and/or spoiler tags used when necessary.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: punkmanced, SickOctopus
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Giorgio » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:30 pm

If I wasn't motivated to support the exposure of the Shenmue series on the social media, I would have unfollowed any news about it and only wait to hear the news of Shenmue 3's release. Like, I want to dive into something I know nothing of, without expectations, just waiting to open that present box under the Christmas cherry tree (figuratively speaking).
Just like with my first experience with the Shenmue series. I didn't know nothing about it, and it all came together in my eyes to impress me deeply. Any spoilers will make it less and less interesting to see the end product.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby punkmanced » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:03 pm

fittersau wrote: I prefer no spoilers to be honest.. except the ones I already know.. lol.

Yeah, honestly, I’d be happy having little to no info for the next couple of years as well (i.e. a few screenshots + some basic info, like in the olden days).

Consistently having bits spoiled here and there is no way to enjoy Shenmue, a game where surprise and exploration are the most rewarding facets, IMO.

Of course, to each his own…and after 14 years of scrounging, I get why some are spoiler/ demo hungry.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby alexh86 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:26 pm

I'm excited to see screenshots and gameplay footage but only because I'm interested in seeing the general look of the characters and environments. Beyond that, I don't want to know much, I just want to sit down and play it.
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:53 pm

*Giddy*
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:04 pm

To be honest, seeing how the press is trying to stir shit just to get some clicks, the approved teaser/trailer and pics approach is the best, specially since Shenmue seems to be a high caliber game for people to kick on (that could potentially hurt the sales a lot more than a real high profile game).

On a personal level, I would love to play some beta/alpha, or even have the unreal project/solution to see if I can be of any help. But that could potentially mean leaks.

Today everything seems so weird, like publicity is almost as (or even most) important than a product.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby fittersau » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:17 pm

The only time the gaming press will be happy if the game gets a rebrand to:

Call of Duty:Modern Warfare Ninja Ops Guilin Commandos
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte