Thanking Sony

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Thanking Sony

Postby sand4fish » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:19 pm

Himuro wrote: How about the Shenmue community makes a card with our names or whatever signed on it and then send it to Sony HQ?

You can count me in! Though it might be a bit hard having everyone physically sign the same card, we could have everyone write their own cards, someone to collect them all and send them in nice box or something.

sand4fish has received 3 thanks from: Himuro, Monkei, Mr357
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Himuro » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:26 pm

sand4fish wrote:
Himuro wrote: How about the Shenmue community makes a card with our names or whatever signed on it and then send it to Sony HQ?

You can count me in! Though it might be a bit hard having everyone physically sign the same card, we could have everyone write their own cards, someone to collect them all and send them in nice box or something.

Another good idea. It'd be good to have international cards too, so we have Japanese, Chinese, French, and Brazilian Shenmue fans all sending cards.

Himuro has received a thanks from: Monkei
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Mr357 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:12 pm

I'm in too! :D

Mr357 has received a thanks from: Monkei
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:06 pm

I'm pushing to make my article about Shenmue 3 published on a website (my chances are very poor but I try) and I'm currently correcting some parts : after reflections, I have difficulties to be precise about the most crucial part : the Sony's role.

We know since The Point with Gio Corsi that Sony's role is to help the devs by doing the promotion and giving some tech help and a bit of publishing but they're not the publishers. But Corsi was talking about his company Third Party Production and I think his active role as workers. That doesn't mean he has funded something or not before, right ? Corsi never tried to deny the funding. And we know that Andrew House said at the early beginning that Sony funds the game.

So, rather to say "Sony don't fund the game" or "Sony don't fund the development of the game", I decided to write "Sony don't fund the whole game". Would I be wrong ? I don't want to be dishonest.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Monkei
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby fittersau » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:12 pm

Why not devote one of the 3rd Tweetathon days to Thank Sony?

fittersau has received a thanks from: Monkei
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:36 pm

fittersau wrote: Why not devote one of the 3rd Tweetathon days to Thank Sony?

Cards would be cute though! We can do both!

Himuro has received a thanks from: Monkei
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Switch » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:30 am

Yokosuka wrote: I'm pushing to make my article about Shenmue 3 published on a website (my chances are very poor but I try) and I'm currently correcting some parts : after reflections, I have difficulties to be precise about the most crucial part : the Sony's role.

We know since The Point with Gio Corsi that Sony's role is to help the devs by doing the promotion and giving some tech help and a bit of publishing but they're not the publishers. But Corsi was talking about his company Third Party Production and I think his active role as workers. That doesn't mean he has funded something or not before, right ? Corsi never tried to deny the funding. And we know that Andrew House said at the early beginning that Sony funds the game.

So, rather to say "Sony don't fund the game" or "Sony don't fund the development of the game", I decided to write "Sony don't fund the whole game". Would I be wrong ? I don't want to be dishonest.

I think that's fair to say. Also Yu Suzuki mentioned in the first Twitch stream that Sony are providing support with "funding, promotion and marketing".

Switch has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:00 am

In my case, and probably also thousands of others, Shenmue 3 will be the "system seller" for the PS4. I will buy a PS4 in 2017, because of Shenmue 3 and I guess that's just the way of saying "Thank you!" that Sony are hoping for. :D

We could then again go there and say that Sony were the ones to initially kill off Shenmue by driving Sega out of the console business. If that had not happened, the Shenmue Saga would probably have been finished on Dreamcast, as intended. But let's not go there. That's ancient history.

I feel great gratitude to individual people at Sony for helping Yu out, especially Adam Boyes (legend!), Gio Corsi and Mark Cerny (is he even technically a Sony employee? I don't know). But me feeling gratitude towards Sony as a whole... I doubt that's ever gonna happen. I'm gonna buy their PS4. That enough "thanking" for me.

It was mainly us, the fans, who made S3 happen with our commitment throughout all those years. People like Boyes, Biscay, Corsi, Cerny and so on were just the missing parts of the puzzle which came together at the right time.

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: Monkei
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby iyapol » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:38 am

I :heart: you, Sony.

That OK?

iyapol has received a thanks from: Monkei
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiske » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:10 am

I think we would use the 3rd in a better way trying to push the Paypal campaign along the #SaveShenmueHD.

If ever Sony should be "target" of the tweetathon, it should be in my opinion, by asking them to put pressure on SEGA for the HD Collection.

Looking at the Paypal campaign last numbers... we desperately need something to push it :|

Kiske has received a thanks from: Monkei
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby fittersau » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:47 am

Kiske wrote:

I think we would use the 3rd in a better way trying to push the Paypal campaign along the #SaveShenmueHD.

If ever Sony should be "target" of the tweetathon, it should be in my opinion, by asking them to put pressure on SEGA for the HD Collection.

Looking at the Paypal campaign last numbers... we desperately need something to push it :|

Yep agreed, also being grateful as well helps. :)

@giocorsi @amboyes
Thanks Sony for Shenmue III, please also bring Shenmue I & II HD to PS4!

Something along those lines.

fittersau has received a thanks from: Kiske
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:49 am

Not a fan of asking for Shenmue HD just after the thanking.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: shredingskin
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Giorgio » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:04 am

We thanked them before for listening to us. Maybe there should be a time when fans make a similar collage to thank them for helping Yu Suzuki.

Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Monkei » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:18 am

@Yokosuka
Agreed, those shouldn't go together I think.

That's a nice idea Himuro proposed, would be a sweet little gesture. I'd be up for it. What do you guys think, how many cards would be needed for this to actually make some kind of small impact, or to actually get noticed at all at least? 100, from all over the world? 300 for Shenmue 3 would be nice, but I don't know if I'm already thinking too big there.
Does anyone know how many pictures were gathered for that "Thank Yu" video on Youtube?

Another collage would be a good idea, too. Maybe a bigger one, with twice as much people? Only thanking, no demanding this time?
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:32 pm

I don't wanna run over everybody's enthusiasm but maybe we should put the whole thanking thing off until after the game is released. Right now, we're not even done funding the game yet and we've still got more than two years of development ahead.

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: Mr357
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III