phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Interviews

Gameblog.fr interview with Yu Suzuki at Magic Monaco
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49125&start=405#p1130362

Gameblog.fr interview with Cedric Biscay at Magic Monaco
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49125&start=435#p1130433

Yu -

- The story is 95% done, but none of the actual in-game content is finished as of now.
- He wishes to implement an advanced QTE system that incorporates elements of the FREE battle system, but doesn't know if he'll have enough development time to do so.
- Shenmue III takes place almost immediately after II. No time-skip as some people feared.
- Shenmue III will retain the detective style gameplay, but certain systems will evolve over time and change things up.

Cedric -

- If Shenmue III is a modest hit it'll likely ensure the future of the series, but it cannot be said for sure.
- Cedric's initial crazy idea for Shenmue III would be to make it for the Dreamcast, but it wouldn't be cost effective at all unless they sold each copy for a whole lot of money.
- Shenmue assets owned by SEGA require negotiation before they are used. (My theory: This likely includes the old logo, and the reason the Papyrus logo exists is to have a logo that can be used quickly without having to negotiate with SEGA)
- Kickstarter rewards all have prototypes, but the images won't be shared with backers for now.
- So far they don't have any plans to show off Shenmue III at E3 2016.

- 600 people were present at the conference in the 800-place Salle Prince Pierre.
- Cédric does not know about the alternative logo situation.
- The publishment of the teasers on Youtube is not certain.
- Yu said he's completely busy with Shenmue III and does not have the time to think about making other games.
- Yu views Shenmue Online as a "Gaiden", something apart.
- Yu stated there will be certainly an "alternative form" to end the story if Shenmue III is not a success.

Conference Highlights

Screenshots

Artwork

Videos

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Twitter: https://twitter.com/shenmue_dojo
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shenmue_dojo/

So, after thinking long and hard about whether or not to give more money to the Shenmue 3 PayPal campaign or attend MM next year, I've decided to go with the latter. I have never been to an event like it before, nor Monaco for that matter, and as much as I would love to give more to the development costs, I feel like I have done enough (not to sound selfish). I want to be there at what's supposed to be the next official glimpse of Shenmue 3.

I wasn't sure wetter or not to go since I would be travelling alone, to a place I've never been before, but I am used to that. I just don't know much french at all and I am already learning Japanese so I very much doubt I can handle learning 2 languages at once! I am only really going to hopefully see Shenmue 3, and I think Suzuki-San is also giving a conference at the event. If I didn't get in I wouldn't want it be a wasted journey.
I know Yu is also doing a Q&A as well as an autograph session, but I don't know about meeting him before the dinner in 2016.

So is anyone planning on attending? MM have a list of hotels on their site close to the conference centre, so all being well, I will probably book into one on Monday.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: GYO6161, Ziming
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Monaco Magic 2016

Postby Amir » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:06 pm

I was planning on AirBNBing. Fluent in French, I'm waiting to see if the last dinner spots come up again for the PayPal.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Giorgio » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:03 pm

Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby punkmanced » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:55 pm

Start saving money.
Monaco is...outrageously...expensive.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Amir » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:57 pm

punkmanced wrote: Start saving money.

Even the flights are expensive... £300! You can get a return from London to Tokyo for just £70 more on certain dates...
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby punkmanced » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:26 pm

Amir wrote:

Even the flights are expensive... £300! You can get a return from London to Tokyo for just £70 more on certain dates...

That place is completely useless to anyone who isn't a jet-setter with a gambling addiction.
Japan , IMO, would a be a much more rewarding experience altogether, especially for Europeans.

Wait a minute…Suzuki’s known to be a wine buff who loves Monaco…Shenmue 1 cost $70+ million to “develop”…oh my God… there goes the KS fund…
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Amir » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:32 pm

punkmanced wrote:
Amir wrote:

That place is completely useless to anyone who isn't a jet-setter with a gambling addiction.
Japan , IMO, would a be a much more rewarding experience altogether, especially for Europeans.

Wait a minute…Suzuki’s known to be a wine buff who loves Monaco…Shenmue 1 cost $70+ million to “develop”…oh my God… there goes the KS fund…

Hahaha...

Yeah, Monaco itself doesn't sound that amazing but that Eze village looked beautiful.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby sand4fish » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:38 pm

I would love to go to Monaco and meet up with other hardcore Shenmue fans like Peter and others, besides the man behind the game itself. But unfortunately I have a personal matter to attend to in the end of the year and my airplane ticket money (along with other expenses) goes with it.

Well, I'm glad plenty of people from the community are attending the event just to show support for Shenmue 3.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby DEVILLE_David » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:57 pm

Definetly attending this event !
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Kiske » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:56 am

Amir wrote:

@Peter. I've been once in Monaco. Was coming from Italy travelling to Nice.
My advise would be to book a flight to Nice (maybe they are EasyJet flights from where you live) and then take the train from Nice to Monaco. It's a 30 minutes ride.

You could spare a good amount of money.

Kiske has received a thanks from: joka
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby MoonStar15 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:05 pm

Would be awesome if they are gonna show a new Shenmue trailer.

phpBB [video]
MoonStar15
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby joka » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:09 am

Kiske wrote:
Amir wrote:

@Peter. I've been once in Monaco. Was coming from Italy travelling to Nice.
My advise would be to book a flight to Nice (maybe they are EasyJet flights from where you live) and then take the train from Nice to Monaco. It's a 30 minutes ride.

You could spare a good amount of money.

Great tip Kiske!

From Luton (nearest to me) to Nice is only £67 return.... So now I'm tempted when it hadn't even crossed my mind before lol

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Bellator » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:23 pm

Peter, you have given more than enough for the development of shenmue 3.
Time to spend money on yourself, so if you have saved up some money spend it when you are in monaco in nice dinners and book yourself a nice hotel.
Bellator
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:09 pm

So at the moment, it looks as if I will get into Nice on the KLM flight around 10pm on Friday 26th, attend MM on the 27th and fly back out again on the 28th.

3 main objectives of the trip are to see the Yu Suzuki conference, meet Cedric Biscay, and also meet any other Shenmue fans (particularly from here and 500k). After that, just relax and enjoy the conference. But those are the reasons I am going, and I would be pretty bummed if I didn't achieve one, if not all of them.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: James Brown, Raithos
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:13 am

From what I have seen, it's just not cheap to stay in Monaco. Nowhere will offer 3 nights for under £200, so I've decided to stay in Nice and just use public transport to head into Monaco for the event on the Saturday.
A hostel in Nice (Choubu Inn style!) Would be £30 for 3 nights, so including a return flight from the UK, you are looking at £180 which is very decent! I mean put that into context, for that price you will get to see the first glimpse of Shenmue 3 since E3, and meet Yu Suzuki to get a signed autograph. That's not an opportunity that comes around often! (HUGE props to Cedric and Shibuya Productions for even making that possible!)

I will be booking everything in 2 weeks so if anyone wants any advice or wants to organise a meeting etc, let me know.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Next

Return to Shenmue III