Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Thief » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:24 pm

off to go play -- see you guys when I beat the game :)

Thief has received a thanks from: Raithos
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Calshot » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:16 am

Calshot has received a thanks from: OL
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:28 pm

*Kenshin Himura* has received 2 thanks from: amiga1200, Raithos
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby OL » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:27 pm

I've only ever had this for Xbox in the past. But I was thinking of playing through the series sometime soon, and rather than having to haul out the Xbox for just one game, figured I'd just get the PS2 version and play it on my fat PS3.

Always felt a bit dirty playing the series on anything other than a Sony system anyway.
Weird that this was never released as an HD version. Granted, I never bothered with the HD-ified versions of SH2 and 3, but that's just because of the changes that were made to them. Would be nice to see this one in HD, as it definitely had some great visual elements going for it.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:35 pm

Dubba dubba post.

Just ordered these.
I wasn't much a fan of the demo I played of MGR... but fuck, I really want to like it. I mean, the MGS4 version of Raiden in his own game? I was so excited for that initially. The demo felt clunky to me... but then I was also trying to play it really quickly, so maybe I just didn't pay enough attention to fully understand the mechanics. So at 11 dollars, I guess it's worth it to try out the full game, see if it's worth another chance.
And I always liked Hitman Absolution, even if the mechanics were a bit odd for a Hitman game. Traded it in a while back, but always meant to rebuy it. The fact that the LE has dropped in price to only 13 bucks is nice, so I figured now or never.

ImageImage

And this is the first time I've ever preordered a digital-only release, and it'll probably be the only time. But they have it at a discount on PSN at the moment, so since I was going to get it day-1 anyway, now seemed as good a time as ever.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Cave Johnson, Raithos
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:42 pm

Don't listen to the haters, Metal Gear Rising is a lot of fun and considering how much of a mess the game was in when Kojima Productions were making it a stealth game before Platinum Games turned it into an action game, it still feels very much like a Metal Gear game, complete with more CODEC than MGS4 ever had. The boss battles are better than any of the bosses from the latest "official" Metal Gear games like MGS4, Peace Walker and MGSV too. Had a lot of fun with it and I've always liked Raiden more than most (not that much in MGS4 though, where I thought he was a whiny baby). Still need to pick up the DLC at some point.

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:50 pm

I think my dislike for Rising is more that I'm not a fan of that type of gameplay. I've played demos for Bayonetta and Devil May Cry 4 and they just never clicked with me.

It never really felt like a Metal Gear game to me, it felt like it was really trying with the over dramatic scenes and some silliness but overall it felt like it was just trying and not succeeding. Still if you're not much of a fan it only takes about 6 hours to power through.

I also need to pre order Yakuza 5 but my PS3 hasn't been plugged in for over a year at this point. After Yakuza 5 I might have to put it away as I don't think there are many exclusives I never got around to that I'm interested it. Sad times.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Shibiryo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:42 pm

Picked it up for a very cheap price and thought why not? Although I have the original copy I just figured that this could be significantly better but should I waste my time playing a game I've already beaten again but with HD graphics? For Halo CE hell yes!

OL should be proud, it's his favourite game in the series anyway and I can pretty much see why now.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby Thief » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:33 pm

Not exactly a purchase, but my dad sent this to me for my birthday since the two of us liked the movie so much. Looks like I'm going to have to borrow my brother's ps4 one more time.

Thief has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:57 pm

I've been fighting the urge to watch that film again..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby streetwaves » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:39 pm

Just bought Shenmue II (JP) brand new for about $80. I already have a decent copy, so I'm not sure why I did this, but I had a feeling the price was decent for new and I was just so shocked to see it. Gotta learn to control my impulses a bit better, I think.
streetwaves
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:26 pm

streetwaves wrote:Gotta learn to control my impulses a bit better, I think.

Tell me about it. I have so much stuff pre-ordered, tempted to pre-order 2 copies of Special Editions for each platform cause I cent decide which to get (PS3 and PSVita). Every time i pre-order a must buy game, shortly after they decide to hit us with a sexy ass hard cover guide book and I fall for the temptation every single time... That happened with Tales of Zestiria (Im spending $170 on that release...) and in Xenoblade Chronicles X situation im buying a game and guide book for a game i dont even own the system for yet... yeah... *hopes for price drop for Wii-U or epic black friday sales this year* [-o<
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:59 pm

It's arrived on the US PlayStation Network at $9.99 (PS3, PSP and PS Vita compatible). Now I don't have to worry about emulating this game anymore since the prices on eBay were frightening. My Mega Man Legends collection is now complete (kinda, it is digital, whilst I actually have Tron Bonne and Mega Man Legends 2). It's been too long since I last played this gem. It's one of the most charming and most fun, lighthearted games released from that era. Now I can blitz through this entire series in one go.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:01 pm

^^Can never go wrong with that. I think if I had to put together a deserted island videogame survival kit, that might be the first game I'd put in.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby sand4fish » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:00 am

Halloween is coming... Let's see what the fuss is all about with these titles:

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Axm
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext