Ni no Kuni 2 Announced for PS4

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Ni no Kuni 2 Announced for PS4

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:45 pm

Once again developed by Level-5, Ni no Kuni II follows a completely new storyline and cast of characters.

No release date has been announced.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/12/05/n ... -announced

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Raithos
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Re: Ni no Kuni 2 Announced for PS4

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:12 pm

this is kind of a shock. Studio Ghibli is dead, I wonder what we can really expect from this compared to the first game? So same world, but different characters and story, doesnt sound bad. Look like we will be returning to Ding Dong Dell.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:17 pm

MUCH EXCITE!
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:49 pm

HELL YES! That looks great!
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:12 pm

Its funny, just the other day I was on the Level-5 Wiki page looking up their production over the past 3 or 4 years and thinking man they have fell off from making RPGs, it was all professor layton and Inazuma games and other random hand held stuff. Then I looked at their first 5 games, Dark Cloud, Dark Chronicle, Dragon Quest VIII, Rogue Galaxy, and Jeanne D'arc, back when all they made were RPGs, I would like to see a new original current gen RPG in development from them, but Ni No Kuni II is certainly a good sign.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:24 pm

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:31 pm

Goddamn, pretty.
Maybe I should actually go back and play through the original... you know, that game I spent 100 bucks on (or something like that) and was actually lucky enough to get my Wizard's Edition with absolutely no problems whatsoever, unlike seemingly everyone else who threw a hissy fit and probably lost hair over the whole ordeal...
Yeah, maybe I should play that one of these days.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:26 am

I hope they make the first one available on PS4 in some way if they haven't already. Being a 360 kid, I never got the chance to play it.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:00 am

OL wrote: Goddamn, pretty.
Maybe I should actually go back and play through the original... you know, that game I spent 100 bucks on (or something like that) and was actually lucky enough to get my Wizard's Edition with absolutely no problems whatsoever, unlike seemingly everyone else who threw a hissy fit and probably lost hair over the whole ordeal...
Yeah, maybe I should play that one of these days.

Ni No Kuni is a game you should most definitely go back and play, its a traditional style JRPG, and its battlessystem is very interesting, You wil recognize many mechanics from other games of yesteryear, but its also a game that just about anyone can pick up and play because of its simplicity, maybe ala Dragon Quest in many regards.

Oh yeah, speaking of games you bought and have not played yet, Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii I believe? If you never got around to it, I cant anymore reccomend it to you man, AND you like FFXII? which this game is similar to in many ways, OL you are sitting on gold dude and dont even realize it.

Sonikku wrote: I hope they make the first one available on PS4 in some way if they haven't already. Being a 360 kid, I never got the chance to play it.

You have missed alot by making the decision to be a 360 kid (I havent felt like I have missed much not making the jump to 360 yet, I will eventually For Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia etc), but you would probably also really enjoy Kuni Sonikku and its a very deep shame that despite your PS4 you still cant play the original BUT the good news is this one is stand alone anyway so you can start by jumping in right here.

I also realized the first games narrative wasnt really for me, despite the gorgeous world and the studio ghibli goodness, I just wasnt drawn into it like I know many other people were and it was fun and a well made game, there was just something about the story that made me put it down when I realized something about it just wasnt for me, but I can do nothing other than respect it because I do know its a great game.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Sonikku
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:05 am

Part of the reason for getting the PS4 went beyond Shenmue. PS3 rereleases like Last of Us Definitive and Uncharted collection offer me a great opportunity to get most of the PS3 exclusives that were not available to me last gen. Now if they can just make a PS4 rerelease of of kuni... If there's one thing I have to hand to Microsoft it's that they actually give a damn about backwards compatibility. Beyond the extent of just double dipping by charging people for old games again I mean.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Monkei » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:33 am

^ They'll probably make it available on PS4 in some form, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Really glad about this announcement. That and all of the Double Fine stuff. Day of the Tentacle release window, Full Throttle HD, Psychonauts 2, Psychonauts VR gimmick spin-off - I'm really looking forward to all of them. Only a Psychonauts Remastered is missing, but I'm sure that'll come.

I don't really like the jrpg genre in general anymore, but Ni no Kuni is one of the few exceptions that still get me excited.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Raithos » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:24 pm

Hands down the best thing shown at PSX =P~

phpBB [video]
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:32 am

Sonikku, I believe you can play Ni No Kuni on the PS Now service. I've never used it before but maybe give it a google for how good it works.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:23 pm

Man it looks better and better each time I see it. Can't believe its coming to PC too! The gifs display better in the article, just posted here for the lazies that won't click it :)

http://www.pcgamer.com/former-studio-gh ... to-the-pc/

Raithos has received a thanks from: Axm
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yama » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:22 am

Raithos wrote: Man it looks better and better each time I see it. Can't believe its coming to PC too! The gifs display better in the article, just posted here for the lazies that won't click it :)

http://www.pcgamer.com/former-studio-gh ... to-the-pc/

It looks so amazingly good. That Ghibli flare is still there, there's a lot of talent still there working on this title.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Next

Return to General Gaming