Slacker Backer PayPal - No confirmation email??

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Slacker Backer PayPal - No confirmation email??

Postby punkmanced » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Monkei wrote: (This is not directed at you, Hyo. Just saying.)

The slacker backer campaign was never meant to bring in another $6.000.000, now was it? A few very loud people in the Kickstarter comments and on message boards/Youtube/Facebook were desperately screaming at the top of their lungs for the option to give money via Paypal, and they got that option. And that's all it was and is, another payment option for everyone being late to the party. The vast majority of people willing to give money to this did so during the 30 days of the Kickstarter campaign. It's really no big deal. Yu was willing to make the game with $2.000.000 from the crowd. Now he's doing it with almost $6.500.000. I don't get why people are shitting their pants over this.

Generally speaking I don't get why 90% of you guys are shitting their pants over pretty much everything that's happening or not happening. You keep worrying so much and asking for so much more than is reasonable to ask for, instead of simply being pleased for once. We have so much reason to be pleased, yet you somehow manage to see the worst in everything, again and again. Isn't that exhausting?

Funding is still ongoing. Nothing is done to promote it officially. The Paypal campaign is broken.
That’s why people are puzzled/frustrated/flabbergasted.

Not that hard to understand.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Reprise » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:07 am

Monkei wrote: (This is not directed at you, Hyo. Just saying.)

The slacker backer campaign was never meant to bring in another $6.000.000, now was it? A few very loud people in the Kickstarter comments and on message boards/Youtube/Facebook were desperately screaming at the top of their lungs for the option to give money via Paypal, and they got that option. And that's all it was and is, another payment option for everyone being late to the party. The vast majority of people willing to give money to this did so during the 30 days of the Kickstarter campaign. It's really no big deal. Yu was willing to make the game with $2.000.000 from the crowd. Now he's doing it with almost $6.500.000. I don't get why people are shitting their pants over this.

Generally speaking I don't get why 90% of you guys are shitting their pants over pretty much everything that's happening or not happening. You keep worrying so much and asking for so much more than is reasonable to ask for, instead of simply being pleased for once. We have so much reason to be pleased, yet you somehow manage to see the worst in everything, again and again. Isn't that exhausting?

Well said. QFT. /thread

Reprise has received a thanks from: Monkei
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sand4fish » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:19 am

I'm starting to think they might open up another Paypal campaign just for the PC version, as it would explain the lack of any announcements for it even though Cedric gave already a "solid" confirmation. That or the entire Shenmue 3 staff is taking a break and just wanna chill for the holidays (probably everyone lining up for the Force Awakens right now in Japan).
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:17 am

sand4fish wrote: I'm starting to think they might open up another Paypal campaign just for the PC version, as it would explain the lack of any announcements for it even though Cedric gave already a "solid" confirmation. That or the entire Shenmue 3 staff is taking a break and just wanna chill for the holidays (probably everyone lining up for the Force Awakens right now in Japan).

That's not really much of a thing in Japanese business culture I don't think. The 23rd is a public holiday because of the Emperor's birthday, but that's about it.

I still think we're going to get a December 25th update this month, but I do think you might be right about a second Paypal campaign for PC.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:07 am

Q : Will there be a second Paypal campaign for people who want to back a PC version of Shenmue 3?
C : "I cannot say anything regarding a potential new campaign. The PC version Will be added."

Cédric is completely affirmative.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:36 pm

So now we wait to see how it manifests. Seems like Awesome Japan is giving Cedric the runaround on saying when the PC version will get added. With like under two weeks left, you'd think it'd be soon...

It's going to be very frustrating if it happens in the last week. Plenty of people will have visited the slacker backer site months ago expecting to back on PC, but being unable to. There's no guarantee those people will even return to the site now.

I try very hard not to blame Awesome Japan for everything wrong with the campaign, but they are so passive and completely out of their depth in a project of this scale.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Previous

Return to Shenmue III