Star Wars: The Force Awakens-Full SPOILER discussion inside.

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens-Full SPOILER discussion ins

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:38 pm

Ziming wrote:
phpBB [video]

Feminism killed Han Solo omg!!! Well, actually, Ford's been wanting Han to die since 5 and only signed onto 7 with the condition that they would kill him off. I don't see an issue with how he treats Rey in 7 compared to Leia in the OT either. She's likely related to him and Leia was more of a same age love interest type character. The constant bickering between a male and female lead is usually the sign of a romance brewing if Hollywood has taught me anything.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby GYO6161 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:44 pm

Shenmue III Spoilers!! :shock:

GYO6161 has received a thanks from: Mr357
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:51 am

Sonikku wrote:
Ziming wrote:
phpBB [video]

Feminism killed Han Solo omg!!! Well, actually, Ford's been wanting Han to die since 5 and only signed onto 7 with the condition that they would kill him off. I don't see an issue with how he treats Rey in 7 compared to Leia in the OT either. She's likely related to him and Leia was more of a same age love interest type character. The constant bickering between a male and female lead is usually the sign of a romance brewing if Hollywood has taught me anything.

Dont be the person YOU want to be, be the person SOCIETY wants you to be... or be thrown in jail or face the perrels of being a social outcast or undesirable *gasp*. Any questions?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Amir » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:52 am

phpBB [video]

Amir has received 3 thanks from: Kenny, Mr357, Raithos
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Thief » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:31 am

Thief has received a thanks from: Monkei
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:54 pm

phpBB [video]

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, myshtuff
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:21 am

As a SW fanboy, I enjoyed it but I left the cinema with already forgiving what i've just seen. That's not really what a Star Wars is supposed to do on yourself.

Negative :

1) It's literally the remake of Episode 4.

2) The remake with everything poorer. A mini Darth Vader, mini Empire (& mini-nazi), mini revelations, mini Death Star (its bigger size says all), an equal Luke, scrubby Han and Leila, pretty the same environnements. The deja-vu is the main culprit of why the movie was close to dull. At least, Episode 1 had the pod race, quite revolutionary stylish lightsaber combats, the brilliant queen Amidala charadesign for exotic taste, dared a new structure with diplomacy intrigues, an aquatic world and covered the eternal fascinating master & pupil theme.

Fortunately, Abrams is someone that never disappoints for telling every story correct and attractive but it's obviously not enough.
It hurts when you had heard that they started from scratch during the writing process because they were not satisfied with their own first versions. All these plenty years by ending with a recycling, really ?

3) The movie is not self-contained. First time I got this feeling after watching a Star Wars. The climax combat was only a First round between two teenagers whose you're awaiting their true development. Then the ending was a (beautiful) cliffhanger. Too much questions found no answers as well. I felt the desire to watch Episode 8 but in a negative way. Sounds ironic in a Shenmue fan forum but, yeah, I found the frustrating Shenmue II ending way more satisfying lol.

4) There was a massive opportunity to build the story around the mysterious and unknown spirituality theme, write a deep first-contact tale as there were three Luke : Rei, Kylo Ren and possibly Finn. Three different points of view to show different mastering of the Force, complex contrasts, de facto evolutions. The Force mysticism was too much underused despite the presence of the witness Han Solo. The potential has been wasted to put forward a deja-vu plot.

5) It's unfortunate for this movie to release without a 30-year forward step like the prelogy did. Imagine the shock otherwise.

6) I should never have played Dice's Battlefront before. My ears didn't get the satisfaction they waited for.

7) Pretty all that have been said in this thread.

Positive :
1) Finn. Frustratingly not enough developed. He's supposed to be an incredible anomaly in a perfect and powerful system, demonstrating a mysterious and pretty fair ability for lightsaber art. And he's likeable.
2) Kylo Ren. They managed to make a pussy teen antagonist someone interesting. That's an achievement.
3) The directing
4) The lightsaber combat style
5) I want to believe they're hiding something big for the next episodes. I refuse to think that they wrote this plot with purpose. I think they needed two hours for introducing and keep their mains ideas alive.

Globally, I would say it's a good movie but just... uninteresting.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Kenny
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Sonikku » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:26 pm

Agreed with everything you said. Even the prequel trilogy had more substance in its story compared to 7, which is basically a retreat of covered ground with a new coat of paint. I think it's too bad they shot down George's idea for a story arc because if you just let him craft the general direction of the story, but get your own writers and director and veto power over his more crazy ideas I think it would have been better for it.

Rather than focusing on the "resistance" when they should clearly be the bigger faction at this point, I would have focused on the New Republic. Show the difficulties that came with going from a guerrilla warfare style military built solely to destroy into needing to actually form a stable government that has more liberty than the Empire. Show the constraints of trying to police the galaxy with fewer ships while the imperials are now the ones laying hidden and launching hit and run tactics. Let the line between freedom fighter and terrorist blur, with Finn being identical to Luke, but with the deterred destiny of actually making it to the Imperial Academy instead of being shown a different way. Innocence lost.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:31 pm

But gaiz itz a mooooovie

Itz suppose 2 b fun >:(

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa