Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Raithos » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:52 pm

Now THIS is the proper way to use VR!
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Axm » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:52 am

Wait..whats that super small PS4 looking box there? Is that what you have to connect the PSVR to? Damn.. more shit to connect. I though it would be just a simple USB or HDMI cable. Silly AXM.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Thief » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:07 am

Axm wrote: Wait..whats that super small PS4 looking box there? Is that what you have to connect the PSVR to? Damn.. more shit to connect. I though it would be just a simple USB or HDMI cable. Silly AXM.

Maybe it's the PS4 slim model set to launch this April :lol:
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:08 am

How is it the proper way to use VR? What effect does it have? Will my drinking experience be enhanced by strapping a television screen to my face rather than just looking at a regular rectangular one? Or is the industry so flooded with dorks that swiggin on a single low volume bottle of lager is simultaneously seen as funny, edgy, and cool?

...I mean, ffs, look at their faces. "Oooh Jeff, you're such a rebel." "Dude, you're like the rockstar of video games."

No you're fucking not. Sit up, take that stupid thing off your face, and have a fucking shave for Christ sake. You look like you should be in the queue at a food bank. Prick.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Raithos » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:18 am

Axm wrote: Wait..whats that super small PS4 looking box there? Is that what you have to connect the PSVR to? Damn.. more shit to connect. I though it would be just a simple USB or HDMI cable. Silly AXM.

From what I've seen in dev videos its a PS VR dev/test kit. Basically a PS4 with no disc drive making it easier to move around for live demos. I remember seeing it in one of the videos about Rez Infinite too. I would hate to have yet another thing to hook up to my TV lol.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Mr357
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Raithos » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:51 pm

Double post but eh, it happens. Shiren the Wanderer is coming to Vita in July! Aksys is releasing it both digitally and a physical copy! Great little series. I used to play the hell out of it on DS and Wii.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/ ... n-ps-vita/

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:09 pm

^^Aw, nice! I played the original a bit on an SNES emulator and on the DS, and I have the Wii game sitting on my shelf.
Nice to see that this new one is back to sprite-based graphics though. Very nice ones at that, very 16-bit, but in widescreen. I'll definitely be picking that up.

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Ziming » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:33 pm

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:17 pm

Well I can already tell that Bloodborne is going to require some precision control work, bad enough there is a huge learning curve with its button setup as it is and I keep find myself hitting the wrong button and triggering the wrong attack/whatever is assigned to the button. Guess i'll just keep on trucking through if I can, I heard the first part of this game is notoriously difficult and I have died a good few times trying to get past the first real wave of enemies, its intense.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby FlagshipFighter » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:02 pm

Has anyone ever checked some of the Shenmue-related YTMND sites. There seems to be lots!

http://ytmnd.com/search?q=shenmue

A lot of cool ones, like tomato convienience store and even Cool Z's music!

Does anyone know if the one about this Dojo member is really true? http://dojopwn3d.ytmnd.com/ xD Would be hilarious if so.

With the success of the Shenmue Jokes thread, I would love to make a competition or challenge of sorts for us to add more funny/interesting Shenmue YTMND sites. Called me an old fart, but I think that website has so much accessibility and charm, despite it being part of a bygone era. imo it's just nice to have a fixed/memorable url and to be able to find it instantaniously for quick entertainment/fun. Plus without all the annoyances of youtubes ads etc. What do you think?
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Kenny » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:03 pm

I think Max Goldberg is an idiot for not selling the site when it was still hot.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:14 pm

Boy do I not like character creation. I did an absolutely bare bones character in Bloodborne (only thing that really mattered was class which I chose soldier), curious that the character creation system is setup like an MMO, I know the game has online aspects implemented. How much of bloodborne am I missing since I dont have Playstation Plus that enables the online play?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:41 pm

^^Not much. There's some co-op you could engage in if you have trouble with boss fights or whatever, but it's nothing essential.
But yeah, the game is hard like that the whole way through, not just in the first stretch of it. The game is pretty much a part of the Souls series in every way except name, and difficulty is what the series is all about. So you'll die a lot. Everyone does.
Have fun! :hello:

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:38 pm

Yeah, I dont know how much longer I will last playing Bloodborne, I like the look and feel and hack and slash game play, but you simply die too easily, its game breaking for me, everything else seems absolutely great about this game, but the trying of patience will not bode well with me. I mean 3 hits and im dead is a bit excessive, the controls are clunky, and the heal item is not operable while moving or in combat (oh gee, great...) the game is far from impossible I cleared through the first crowded area finally, then hit the PS button on my PS4 which I thought suspended the game, nope hit the ps button again and I was back at the check point and im assuming i died while the game was suspended. I can see a couple of things that help with balancing, you dont lose all your items or progress when you die and have to start again from the check point, you just have to kill all the enemies again (the most obnoxious part about this game) I guess its really a troll when you think about it. Anyway, i have mixed feelings about the game as of right now but I havent given up completely yet, but if I go one more day not being able to get past the first area, it will be easy for me to just put it down and play something else I can progress through.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:31 pm

FlagshipFighter wrote:Does anyone know if the one about this Dojo member is really true? http://dojopwn3d.ytmnd.com/ xD Would be hilarious if so.

It is, I remember that topic! :lol:

EWJ was a pretty cool member too, pity he left...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming