Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Kenny » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:17 pm

2016 is a pretty weird year so far.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:48 pm

Been pretty shit so far if you ask me..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:11 am

I have pleurisy right now and it sucks so fucking bad. It feels like I'm being stabbed in the chest every-time I breathe and any position I lay/sit in makes it hurt extremely bad. Honestly, the most annoying illness I've ever had. Sleep is impossible without waking up 30 minutes later feeling like I'm dying. Blah.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:35 am

Rat infestation in my house, making tons of racket scratching, keeping me up all night almost and I have to get up at 5.45AM every morning for work (yes, this is still the same shitty 2 hours+ journey home job and nope not been able to get anything else despite being desperate for it, except false promises) [and yup, had pest control out and they did a shitty job putting the rat poison in the right place...]. That and my job is the most stressful I've ever had where everything is always going wrong, people are quitting/staff levels are getting reduced due to budget cuts and it honestly feels like I'm working in a complaints factory with all of the calls from people saying nothing ever works and why that is and expecting me to know all of the answers. I need a new job and I need those rats to leave/die already. I've never been so tired in my whole life, seriously. Honestly feel like a "human" robot, just feel so drained lately.

Yup, this year sucks balls so far. Hoping it picks up soon.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Mr357 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:43 pm

2016 is a big shit sandwich, and we've all gotta take a bite.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Monkei » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:58 am

That doesn't sound too great. Hope you get well soon, Thief!
And I hope you'll be able to get rid of at least one of those annoyances soon, Henry.

Monkei has received a thanks from: Thief
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:45 pm

So my work is pretty tough, the worst it's ever been in the NHS. The stress levels are insane, and these past few weeks I have severe headaches, barely eating, even my girlfriend is telling me to look for a new job, and is concerned for my health in general. I sleep as soon as I get home, and even take pain relief way more than I should....

That's just a backstory to my moan post here. So I haven't seen my best bud in over a week (also have a lot of personal tasks and projects I'm trying to keep up with), and he said he would call round to mine and we can have a chilled Saturday night. Gets here just before 5. He says to me, "Pete, have you watched this Making a Murderer every guy and his granny are talking about?". I reply "nope" because I haven't had time to switch on a tv in the past month.

So we put on the first episode, and watch the entire 10 episodes back to back until 3am! Never mind the stress my job has me under, but now I am EVEN MORE stressed after watching that shit!! I don't know where the fuck to begin! I'm beyond WTF'd and my head is pounding.

I'm putting the phone down. No words right now.

Edit: not to be selfish to other posters here, so Henry, sorry about the rats. Reminded me of Demolition Man when Sly eats that rat burger, and also the episode of Friends where Phoebe has rat babies. Ryan, good to see ya again. Noticed you hadnt been around in a while, you have been missed. Thief, get well soon man. Hope its not serious. Oh, and 2016 kinda sucks, but I have planned to continue on last year's general vibes, and make it better than last year, mostly all due to Shenmue related events. Jobs shit, but still wear a smile on my face everyday and see a positive in everything. Also 6 weeks without a single beer. Don't miss it.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Thief
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Raithos » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:13 am

Its hell watching subbed anime when you've been drinking. With each beer I read just a little bit slowrr.

Sorry to hear 2016 is off to a bad start for some of you guys. It'll get better, it always does just give it time. Get well soon Thief!

Raithos has received a thanks from: Thief
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:41 am

Thanks for the kind words, Peter. Sounds like we're all over-stressed, over-worked miserable sods haha. Congratulations on your abstinence. I've got two friends who are going through quitting nicotine. You'll be a better man without it.

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby redline » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:52 pm

phpBB [video]
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:15 am

From time to time I go to the great kat webpage to see what the fuck happened.

I find it incredible interesting. How a hardworking musician can make such shitty music ?

Apparently she is pretty damn good on violin, but the "metal" she does it's plainly sucks.
Her lyrics are so bad I still don't know if they're real or it's a parody.
Her persona is obnoxious as fuck for a couple of minutes.
All she does these days is sell non-nude erotic pictures (and she's almost 50).
She had a phone line in the past apparently.
Her site seems to be constantly updated with photos or some random interviews were she just yells or some quote from her some magazine did last thursday.

I find it baffling for so many reasons. Did the character consumed her ? Is she making a living as a real musician and just keeps the persona around ? Maybe she's fucking millionaire selling those photos ? Maybe she's working at a walmart ?

It's like WOW, at a time she actually had some tv time, but her music is just so tasteless... and in some interviews she seems nice, but when she goes with her persona is painful.

Don't know why, it's an interesting case to me.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Kenny » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:40 pm

I'm taking the month off to focus on shooting shorts.

I feel like i'm so close to getting into the career I've been working hard to get into for years and now I need to refine my craft as a director. It feels good that my comic is coming along really well and that a script is being considered by a management agency. It also feels good to be working on two new projects, one of which will be made into an actual film with a real budget.

Life is good.

Kenny has received 4 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, Amir, FlagshipFighter, Mr357
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby FlagshipFighter » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:03 am

Kenny wrote:I'm taking the month off to focus on shooting shorts.

I feel like i'm so close to getting into the career I've been working hard to get into for years and now I need to refine my craft as a director. It feels good that my comic is coming along really well and that a script is being considered by a management agency. It also feels good to be working on two new projects, one of which will be made into an actual film with a real budget.

Life is good.

That's astounding, congratulations Kenny! Hope for the best! :-)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

FlagshipFighter has received a thanks from: Kenny
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:56 pm

Why do so many dictators and "bad" guys have such cool names?

It's net even they're cool because they're rouge bad boys, they just SOUND cool! "Colonel Gadaffi" for instance. It just works! Fidel Castro is also pretty nice sounding. Che Guevara is almost impossibly exotic and imperious sounding. Pablo Escobar, another nice sounding one!

Is it that they got to whatever power they had simply because people as apparently easily impressed as I am took notice of them and respected them just 'cos they thought they had cool names? EDIT: Of course they had capabilities and armies, which are useful when you want to be paid attention to and respected, but they had to start their road to infamy somewhere, getting people onside before they had all the good shit...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:02 pm

Ayatollah Khomeine is also nice and serious sounding for what is probably a very serious man!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic