Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Raithos » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:57 am

Man, Namco is on a fucking roll if you ask me. First all the Tales games, now they've started translating pretty much every game people have asked for. It all started with the two SAO games which sold like hotcakes. Then they announced Cyber Sleuth followed by Gundam Extreme VS FORCE. And now an English version of Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers for PS4. Each of the English Asia releases have made its way to the states so no reason to think this is any different. And it can always be imported if it doesn't. God bless the PS4/Vita for being region free.

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/super-robot- ... unced-asia
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:14 am

Thief wrote: I'm sitting here, i'm trying to play Yakuza 2. I can't get into it... I just don't give a FUCK. I've been stuck in the past for so god damn long. I'm sick of retro video-games, I'm sick of playing anything that doesn't either keep me going forward in life or bring me together in some sort of community. I don't want to play lame-ass old shitty b-movie-esque video games in my GOD DAMN ROOM anymore.

I'm selling everything I own. I'm even selling my old Shenmue shit. Shenmue was great, as was a lot of games I played, but they were great to me when I played them, not forever in my fucking closet. I'll play Shenmue 3, i'll have a great experience, and then I'll MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE. No more collecting, none of this nonsense bullshit. I'm only keeping things I actively use. I will have a Super Nintendo (for competitive Super Metroid) and a Playstation 4 (for new games and fighting games).

I don't know why I'm so angry with this post -- probably because I'm a little bit drunk.. but fuck retro videogames. Fuck 'em once and for fucking all.

I wish more of you got to this point. Or died.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby shredingskin » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:20 am

I'm sick of playing anything that doesn't either keep me going forward in life

Play this:

I play retro games mostly because it's hard to find graphic adventures today.

But yeah, games are mostly a waste of time, vapid entertainment, but it can steal time like nothing else, doing basically nothing.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Monkei » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:43 am

Thief wrote: I'm sitting here, i'm trying to play Yakuza 2. I can't get into it... I just don't give a FUCK. I've been stuck in the past for so god damn long. I'm sick of retro video-games, I'm sick of playing anything that doesn't either keep me going forward in life or bring me together in some sort of community. I don't want to play lame-ass old shitty b-movie-esque video games in my GOD DAMN ROOM anymore.

I'm selling everything I own. I'm even selling my old Shenmue shit. Shenmue was great, as was a lot of games I played, but they were great to me when I played them, not forever in my fucking closet. I'll play Shenmue 3, i'll have a great experience, and then I'll MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE. No more collecting, none of this nonsense bullshit. I'm only keeping things I actively use. I will have a Super Nintendo (for competitive Super Metroid) and a Playstation 4 (for new games and fighting games).

I don't know why I'm so angry with this post -- probably because I'm a little bit drunk.. but fuck retro videogames. Fuck 'em once and for fucking all.

Totally feeling you. But I could imagine it's only a phase in your life and you'll come back to loving the stuff again. But who knows, maybe not. I've had a similar thing twice in recent years, where I completely stopped playing games for a couple of months. Couldn't enjoy them anymore, felt I was wasting time. But it then came back after a while each time. Right now I'm once again approaching a point of drastically changing my gaming habits, because I feel I'm overdoing it to a pretty extreme level. I mean I do have a social life, I do go out, enjoy parties, people (all in the right doses though, can't stand too much of that stuff), I can't complain about my sex life or anything, and I do study and I do go to work to finance that studying, but man. Still. I'm just constantly playing something. I'm finishing a game, then the next one is already waiting, installed on my PS4 and ready to make me sink hours upon hours of my life into it. I'm constantly keeping track of which games could be of interest to me. I have like ten or so games on my PS4 that I haven't played yet. (They used to be more, I've stopped buying them with the occasional exception) What the fuck for? I can't play more than one or two at the same time anyway. It's just getting to much. If I continue to play everything that I think is worth being played then I'll never be able to leave that cycle of constantly trying to catch up.

So anyway, I too feel stuck. Fuck being stuck. I need a reboot, and am about to finally get it done. It's not only gaming habits, it's more stuff in my life I'm about to tackle and change and readjust. Wish me luck! :p

And good luck to you!

Monkei has received a thanks from: Thief
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:25 pm

Hopefully with the caveat that you'll keep the "valuable" ones that are going up in value...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Jesse » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:10 pm

Sony is in a interesting place in terms of game releases and their windows. I bring this up because I've seen countless sites proclaim that Horizon Zero Dawn will come out this year. I personally don't see that happening. I see The Last Guardian being it's fall game and Zero Dawn being out next year. But this is my point: if they ship Zero Dawn in the fall 2017 then where does that leave Wild as a summer 2017 game or even more so Detroit Become Human til 2018? :-k
Jesse
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby Kenny » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:02 pm

You can play older games on your phone anyway with the ROMs and Emulators they have now.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:25 am

So, supposedly Street Fighter 5 sucks...can't say I'm surprised going by how weak Capcom have been with their games lately (dat lack of game releases). It's practically a free 2 play game released with almost no content (no single player, multiplayer/matchmaking is broken, severe lack of characters to choose from, game feeling like it's incomplete). Steam reviews and Amazon reviews are crapping all over it. Honestly seems like a mess. I'm going to wait this one out and see if in...hmmm, two years(ish) they have it sorted out by then. Capcom really need to up their game. I hope REmake 2 doesn't suck now. :???:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby shredingskin » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:42 pm

Last 20 minutes on the dujanah kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/676519884/dujanah
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Thief » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:03 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: So, supposedly Street Fighter 5 sucks...can't say I'm surprised going by how weak Capcom have been with their games lately (dat lack of game releases). It's practically a free 2 play game released with almost no content (no single player, multiplayer/matchmaking is broken, severe lack of characters to choose from, game feeling like it's incomplete). Steam reviews and Amazon reviews are crapping all over it. Honestly seems like a mess. I'm going to wait this one out and see if in...hmmm, two years(ish) they have it sorted out by then. Capcom really need to up their game. I hope REmake 2 doesn't suck now. :???:

I don't know... Street Fighter 5 is really good. It is just more geared to online-multiplayer. The multiplayer is only having a few snafu's as most launches go, but it's getting much better. The gameplay is the absolute best street fighter has ever felt (imo) and I'm having a blast playing it.

As for single player content... I don't really know what people want. There's a story mode that takes about an hour and a half to beat and there's also survival mode (which is basically Arcade mode with varying lengths/difficulties). A free story-mode (akin to MK9/X) is coming out in June. And more challenges are being released for free after that. Not to mention Character DLC that you can either earn (in game) or buy with money. I already have enough in-game currency to afford the first DLC character... and I really haven't been playing long.

People are blowing this way out of proportion. The game is fantastic. Actually, I think we need to stop having the mentality that all games need to have amazing single-player components. It seems that the mere thought of a 'multiplayer only' game makes peoples heads boil, but thing is... fighting games are way better multiplayer (rather than cheesing out a bad AI and getting bad habits). Their priorities were combat and netcode, and I think it'll pay off in the long run. Anyway, if single-player content is that important, then just wait till June before buying I guess -- but the game is not bad and certainly not incomplete.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Raithos » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:43 pm

Not saying the game isn’t good mechanically, arguments can be made there too, but there should honestly be no debate that the game is clearly unfinished. Especially when compared SF4. The “story” mode you speak of is about 5 fights long and does not take an hour and a half lol. Compared to traditional arcade mode where there is cinematics and rival fights, which people have come to expect, this one is lacking. Capcom has even said they will be adding it in a future update. What is already there is not your traditional arcade mode by any means. Also where’s the challenge mode that’s been there since SF3? You now have a plain jane basic old training mode in its place. That’s a pretty important missing feature if you ask me.

And you can’t excuse it by saying this game is geared toward online play either (as if SF4 wasn’t or something) when the game only supports TWO player lobbies lol. SF4 had 8 person lobbies with a spectator mode. Again, they’ve said they will be adding it later. Why is it missing in the first place? Why make people wait for what carries the online community?

People aren’t blowing anything out of proportion. No mentality that needs stopped either. It’s not just the missing single player features that’s the problem. Both SP and MP are lacking. Dude you can get Third Strike on PSN for 15 bucks that has twice the content as this with all the features you could ask for. This game is bare bones and broken. Ono has even come out and apologized for it. The launch net code is worse than the last beta by far.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:09 am

The reason people are pissed, I think, is due to the game being charged at $60 when it's missing many modes that should be in the game in the first place. Honestly sounds like they should have delayed it until they got all of the other modes ready and save themselves from this backlash. And I had a quick look at the game on YouTube the other night and damn at the artwork from Bengus...whatever happened to his art style? It's shite now compared to how good it used to be.

Just thinking on though, SFV is a Dimps game really (just like SF4) which leads me to think that Capcom were at fault for obviously rushing the game out of the gate for some fighting game championship that only hardcore crowd cares about, for the rest of us, we don't care.

I'll just wait on Tekken 7 instead. I have more faith in Namco nowadays than I do with Capcom.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Raithos » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:37 am

Yeah I think if it would of had a late summer release it would have been the real deal like everyone expected. I'm just going back to P4AU and KoFXIII for now. I'm def glad it was my brother who dropped $60 on SFV and not me lol. Dimps also did Saint Seiya last year and it was packed to thr brim. Then Xenoverse so they might have had too much on their plate. Who knows.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:34 am

I hear Guilty Gear Xrd is great if you have a that fighting game itch and dont want a more modern 3D fighter.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:43 am

^^They're coming out with a new version of that, by the by. Six new characters, new adjustments and all that. Out in June.

http://www.amazon.com/Guilty-Gear-Xrd-- ... y+gear+xrd
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming