Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby shredingskin » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:25 pm

Louis CK has a new sitcom horace and pete.

I'm in the second episode, and man, this guy is awesome, he has this "mood" not a lot of people have. He bats homeruns with his flacid dick, and I don't know the rules of baseball, but the guy does it.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:40 am

The internet was alot better back when it was niche in the early to mid 2000s, same with gaming, everything when to shit when these idiots invaded. Luckily there are some corners of the internet still left where it still feels the same, so there is that at least.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:49 am

Where is that corner ? I'd like to have a beer there.

Also, everything goes round, gaming is mainstream, there will always be niche and indie games, and will keep being that. Niche games, for a reduced market, while other people play whatever they want. Same with everything else.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:34 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: The internet was alot better back when it was niche in the early to mid 2000s, same with gaming, everything when to shit when these idiots invaded. Luckily there are some corners of the internet still left where it still feels the same, so there is that at least.

Tru dat.
Remember people used to say that too?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:10 pm

I prefer the internet now with its blazing fast speeds, incredible wealth of content, and non-reliance on Netscape or Internet Explorer.

Kenny has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Rakim, St. Elmo's Fire
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:03 pm

Cliched as it's gonna sound, it really is a voice for the people too. It's interesting reading people's reactions to what's going on in Syria, there is a massive amount of cynicism about it, 'cos people have looked up stuff beyond what their news has told them, and shared their findings on the comment sections. I remember before the internet was a thing that was easy to get, the only news we had was what we heard on TV or read in a paper. Now we have SO much stuff to look into in massive detail from ALL sides on nearly every topic available. It's fantastic for learning stuff, and related to that there is a ton of useful practical instructional vids on Youtube. Last weekend I had Youtube on my phone, watching a vid and pausing it, on how to remove the inlet manifold of my car to clean everything inside. Made it MUCH easier than reading a text document would have done anyway, 'cos there were a load of connectors and hoses needed removing, the vid showed me a few I'd have missed, and a few others I'd have probably removed that I didn't need to. Technology is amazing, the practicality of having an internet, gaming device, music/video player and storage, GPS navigation etc. in something the size of a mobile phone still impresses me. It's WAY more than just a "tech novelty" now.

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Kenny
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:28 pm

The too fast is also an encumberment. We are oversaturated with bullshit, waste of time "info".

The important takes a seat back to whatever the fuck is the topic. Ends up in a really big nothing.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:32 am

Rakim has received a thanks from: Mr357
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Mr357 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:11 am

Mr357 has received a thanks from: Rakim
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:37 pm

shredingskin wrote: The too fast is also an encumberment. We are oversaturated with bullshit, waste of time "info".

The important takes a seat back to whatever the fuck is the topic. Ends up in a really big nothing.

You mean like headlines about what celeb said what on Twitter etc.?

With high-speed, some "fancy" websites that have gone OTT with the Flash and intro vids etc. are a bit annoying too. Luckily those are pretty rare now, in my experience anyway...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:51 pm

No, I think he's just sayin "God, I hate sheeple and anything mainstream. I'm a free-thinking person who's only into niche forms of entertainment and have the answers to all the world's problems."
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Kenny » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:36 pm

Also, aliens.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:08 pm

Well, Google is just a simple tool, we get back what we put in...same goes for Facebook, WAY TOO MANY people act like it's causing the world to end. It's a communications webpage, basically, also a simple tool, only bad workies blame their tools...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:11 pm

Interview tomorrow for an office job in the city school district. It doesn't pay much, but the benefits, job security and health care are unlike anything I could ever get anywhere else. Being trans, they are probably the best employer I could ever hope for. I'm praying I nail it. :cry:

Sonikku has received 4 thanks from: Axm, FlagshipFighter, Rakim, St. Elmo's Fire
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby shredingskin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:35 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
shredingskin wrote: The too fast is also an encumberment. We are oversaturated with bullshit, waste of time "info".

You mean like headlines about what celeb said what on Twitter etc.?

With high-speed, some "fancy" websites that have gone OTT with the Flash and intro vids etc. are a bit annoying too. Luckily those are pretty rare now, in my experience anyway...

Is that even news are treated as entertainment, it's everything 5 minutes of what Trump/politician said, some war somewhere, some celeb something, some opinion about bullshit that it's around. And everything lasts a couple of days, then it's the new hot topic.

It's like we are actually buried in "news" and everything of relevance gets lost.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic