Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby DL30 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:02 pm

I just got the Heavy Rain Beyond Two Souls collection from PlayAsia($63 with 2 day Shipping)

DL30
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby GYO6161 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:24 am

DL30 wrote: I just got the Heavy Rain Beyond Two Souls collection from PlayAsia($63 with 2 day Shipping)

Jelly!!! i wish these were released physically here in the US.. darn

GYO6161 has received a thanks from: DL30
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby OL » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:35 am

^^Well he did order it, and the PS4 is region free, so US PS4's can still run it just fine.
Nothing stopping you from doing the same.

http://www.play-asia.com/heavy-rain-and ... /13/709owh
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby GYO6161 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:43 am

OL wrote: ^^Well he did order it, and the PS4 is region free, so US PS4's can still run it just fine.

oh i see, sadly i don't have accounts for either amazon or playasia, not really experienced in importing much, but thanks eitherway, i might make one soon.
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Monkei » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:10 am

GYO6161 wrote:
OL wrote: ^^Well he did order it, and the PS4 is region free, so US PS4's can still run it just fine.

oh i see, sadly i don't have accounts for either amazon or playasia, not really experienced in importing much, but thanks eitherway, i might make one soon.

Just create an account for the Amazon website of your country. You can then use the same login data to log into amazon.co.uk (or .fr or .de or whatever you like) and order all the beautiful treasures Europe has to offer. You'll need a Visa or Mastercard for international payment I think. Or do PlayAsia. Or Ebay, works with Paypal. Lots of possibilities for you.

Monkei has received a thanks from: Raithos
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Raithos » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:41 am

Play Asia is the safest if you don't feel comfortable ordering out of country for some reason. They let you use PayPal. Amazon UK has quicker shipping though unless you opt for express from PA.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby rockerlad » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Until dawn on ps4 and I am currently waiting on shenmue 2 pal arriving from eBay it cost my £65 for the dreamcast
rockerlad
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Until Dawn

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:33 pm

Got it today after ordering it yesterday. My Dual Shock PS3 controller is fucked so had to order a new one (kept moving my characters in whatever game I played up, also kept opening the menu screen whilst I'm trying to play) so had the shelve it for now until my new PS3 controller arrives, but what little I played of it is great as usual. More of the same of 5, which was what I was after anyway. Plus the online seems very much alive still. May be my first "online multiplayer" game I've played in over a year (aside from the odd Halo online game on Xbox One).

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:00 pm

^^From the little bit I've played, it's actually greatly improved technically too. I was messing with ACV a while back then put in Verdict Day immediately after, and the slowdown/framerate dips are seriously minimized. Can't remember which seemed more detailed though.
Anyway, still haven't seriously tackled the game because I feel like I really ought to start it using clear data from ACV, but the PS3 I finished ACV on went kaput a ways back, and my save data went with it. Gotta replay V before I hit Verdict Day.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Mr357 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:59 pm

Got myself one of these to avoid shelling out cash for a TurboGrafx 16 and its most highly regarded games. Works great for both regions and can play homebrews.

Mr357 has received a thanks from: Raithos
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:33 pm

The Wolf Among Us is free on Xbox Live (Xbox One) right now, so I'm picking that up.

Alongside that, I also got a £20 PSN voucher so I got the following:

Never played Dark Cloud before but if there was one Level 5 game I cared about to check out it is this (not the biggest L5 fan in the world, tbh). Seems decent enough so far and I have a soft spot for the early days of the PS2.

Already a couple of hours into this game now, been playing it all day pretty much alongside The Old Hunters DLC for Bloodborne. Game is great, what can I say? The game looks really colourful on the PS4 and I'm glad I opted with that version over the Vita version. Combat system is really good, fusion system seems be full of depth, music is fantastic, game has great pacing and is full of story scenes, presentation is top notch. Yup, seems like a great game so far. Gonna keep playing through this one tonight, definitely. May have lost an hour today, but that won't stop me plowing through this to my heart's content. :)

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:17 pm

Got dispatched yesterday but sadly didn't come today so I could binge it over the weekend.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Raithos
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Mr357 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:37 am

I recently took an interest in Suda51 games, so I decided to grab this one before Gamecube prices get any worse. I know one particular member will be pleased. The controls are pretty hard to get used to, in my opinion.

Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:48 am

Pre-ordered this today, its a Square-Enix store exclusive for anyone interested, I would make it fast though they are only printing 7500 of them so it will be a true collectors item.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:48 pm

The game itself is probably day-1 for me (loves me some Star Ocean, even if some of the design work in this one is kinda... bleh). But man, I have such a hard time investing in LE's nowadays when most of the stuff included is so weak. Kind of tired of these "selection cd's" (honestly, if you're going to include a soundtrack, don't cherry-pick a handful of tracks; include the whole damn thing), art cards (pointless as can be), and steelbook cases (which are never as good as regular old snap cases). The art book sounds nice, but that's about it. You'd think for over 100 dollars, they could go a little more all-out with it, or at least consolidate the value into something more meaningful. Especially from Squeenix, who usually put out really good LE's all the time. FFXIII-2 had a 4-disc OST, Drakengard 3 had a fully-translated novella, Type-0 had a 200-page manga. And all of those were less-expensive, too. I dunno, it just seems like they could have done something so much better for Star Ocean, especially at such a steep price.

Anyway, just noticed this was on Steam (and I think PS4 as well). So, being that it's just about my favorite game on the Wii, figured I'd snatch it up. Digital, unfortunately, but it's still nice not having to play it with that shitty Wii-mote.

And just for fun, swiped this up. I keep saying it, but one of these days I'll finally dive into the Deception series and play every game through. Absolutely love what I've already played, but I always seem to end up with prior engagements when I feel like tackling one. Gotta finish a few things first.

OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming