Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Mr357 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:54 am

shredingskin wrote: Islam is a religion of peace

If this is isn't enough to wake up Europe, nothing will be.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:01 pm

Being an idiot is my goal in life. I'm coming along just fine.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Kenny » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:35 pm

^This is what people don't seem to understand. Islam is rooted in their political system. Christianity and its other denominations would not be exempt if we were currently under a theocracy.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby shredingskin » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:00 pm

The world is gonna be islamic in around 50 years, they reproduce like rabbits.

So get used to it.

Also "not all muslims".
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby FlagshipFighter » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:54 pm

Hi guys, I understand the importance of debate on real-world issues but I find some of these comments to be really offensive. I won't to shout at anyone or to any particular person because I respect you all as well as your contributions throughout this forum, but please be considerate/mindful/respectful of what you write when talking of another faith/community. There's also a lot of mis-information here on how each of the muslim classes go about their practices and lives. Yes, I am a muslim myself and it's really hurtful to read some of the hateful comments have been written here since the Paris attacks so I don't usually visit this section, but times like this I feel as if I can't even make a personal comment regarding current affairs/random comment when all I see are these really distateful comments. I get how things may look and it really sucks, I definitely definitely do not want to tone down/take away the from the horror and manipulation of which terriorists/ISIS are doing. But by going with what's said here, some of you are simplifying this demographic of people so much, and by classing muslims all as one, to which makes me no different to them is absurd and it takes away from all the goodwill that can come from this community (e.g. uk muslims giving most of their wealth to charitable organisations in the country ). It's definitely there, you just don't see it hit the headlines like the negatives ones seem to.

It's difficult to write something like this as I just want to be as happy of a shenmue-loving dojo member as everyone else and I don't want to go to deep into something that requires miracles to achieve. But I hope you can see that I had to because no one else is (all you need to do is read what's been posted in the last prior in this thread), and I don't them to feel like they're unable to contribute. TL;DR All I ask is can we not generalise and or, well... be racist? Please? Keep friends and those you love. TY
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby FlagshipFighter » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:24 pm

djjd wrote:
FlagshipFighter wrote: ... TL;DR All I ask is can we not generalise and or, well... be racist? Please? Keep friends and those you love. TY

Please stop race baiting, and for the sake of clarity: I am not racist at all, plus Islam is not a RACE.
Anyone can be a Muslim, or Christian, or whatever religion they wanna choose. The problem is the ideology of Islam. It needs to be reformed like Christianity.

People like Maajid Nawaz, Ayaan Hirsi Ali are helping to reform this ideology, but unfortunately a very large number of left leaning people are shutting down any reformatory efforts.

The caricature below is illustrating the very problem with some of today's left leaning people.

When I wrote "another reason to vote for Trump", I meant that Hillary gives another reason to vote for Trump, b/c PC fetishism will divide people further. She needs to tell the truth by addressing the underlying problem, namely radical Islam, but all she does is avoiding the word Islam at all costs for the sake of being PC and people are sick and tired of it. It needs to stop. Islam needs a reform, period.

And again: race baiting won't get you anywhere, so knock it off please. If you want to bring a counter argument, please do so in a constructive manner (by addressing the points, and not taking offense over nothing). Thanks.

Okay, how's prejudice? How's ignorance. I'm not pointing at the opinions of your comments specifically, in actual fact i agree that some things do need to change. And neither do i live in the US, so i won't pretend to understand the complete political perspective on the US. But you can't dismiss the fact that there has been alot of abusive comments written towards Muslims here. Regardless of any of this, why should anyone be treated differently to anybody else. One comment has been slightly adjusted and for that I'm happier.

Just because you may have negative connotations or outright disagree with their practice as a group, don't because you let these extremists groups completely and negatively your perspective. I know whatever statistic or number you see online (5-10% of Muslims etc etc etc) but that doesn't give any clear context. It generalises Shia's (which I'm not btw) and gives no clear picture on the outright terror and shadiness that happens in other countries (where some of the poor/hungry/schools are taken over and are forced to follow under ISIS unless you have money or else).

As i said, debates are fine and it's interesting, I've come to learn since the beginning of the dojo that all shenmue fans are passionate. All i was concerned about was the hurtful language directed towards Muslims here. Surely that's not too much to ask. I know barely no moderation happens here (with all those spam foreign threads popping up lately) but if it is asking too much to treat all walks of life equally then i obviously don't beong here.

TL; DR: i don't want to 'bait' or cause problems. This forum is like a second home and you're all like family and i want to keep the spirits jolly (even when where discussing less-than jolly topics).

P.s. won't be able to respond for a few hours it's past midnight here, good day to you all i hope this doesn't cause much drama. Besides, we have BvS to talk about! :-)
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shredingskin » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:42 pm

No, I don't have to respect religions. They don't serve any porpouse more than spread bullshit, they have constitutional rights over any person, they are an excuse for violence, they make people stupider, they suck the wonder of real life and replace it with mumbo jumbo.

Why should I respect a book that in it's first page call me blind, doomed, liar, foolish... etc. And in some cases it expresely calls for killing people like me.
Not only that, it's a shitty book, it's not good literature, is just plain stupid.

You want me to respect that because "you like it" ??, well fuck you, if you believe bullshit, it's not my problem, I don't have to respect it. I'm sorry if it's part of your culture, or you like it, it doesn't have magical powers to not be questioned, liked or hated. Instead of making it part of you, look around for any other book, most of them are by really good writers, will have a better time, don't patronize you, and they paid their taxes, actually making a better world.

There's nothing good in religion that cannot be attained by secular means, but because the irrationality it begets it has free pass to fuck up children minds, making the world a worst place.

Sorry, but no. I don't have to respect it.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:54 pm

One day you kids will learn just how pointless ideological debates on a videogame forum really are. Or maybe you won't. I don't really care.
Either way, if you can't say anything nice...
Nah, scratch that. You don't have to be "nice," nor do you have to respect a religion itself. What you do have to do, however, is be mindful of the fact that some people here might subscribe to those religions, and therefore any vulgarity-infused insults directed at the religion might begin to look like personal attacks on an individual.
Avoid that, mmkay?

OL has received 4 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Mr357, Sonoshee, theseabass
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:07 am

It's my fault that some people take a book too personally ??

Feels like I'm in a crazy world.

If they like a book that calls to murder me, it's ok, "it has some nice parts". If I say the book is a piece of shit, causes hatred and it's bad literature, then it's a personal attack ?

That's not how it works, or if that's how it works, it's working pretty bad. I'm the one that gets fucked by goverments that give those books intitutions that are in the long run harmful, I'm the one that is in the minority of non-believers, I'm the one that doesn't bring racial/nationalistic/political tensions, I'm the one that doesn't make one belief a social identity.

It has to be said, not for the people believing in cults, but for the goverments to take notice not to avail that kind of bullshit that doesn't bring anything that can't be done with secularism.

You don't have to respect my opinion, I understand that other people don't think like me, I can take it, and I don't do a special plead.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:13 am

I don't care what you think about anything, quite honestly. That's not what I'm talking about. Ideology isn't the issue.
You blatantly placed a "fuck you" in one post, promptly followed by an immediate and direct description of another member's belief system as "bullshit."
I don't have a problem with level-headed debate, but personal attacks aren't allowed here. Verbal warning.
So, y'know, have fun with that.

OL has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:22 am

Yup, it's bullshit (of course not literally, it's a book). I actually said that in the first page of the book he bases his social identity calls me (and I didn't even went through the first page because how badly is written). No, I don't have to respect that. Why can't I call it bullshit ? Actually calling for people like me to be killed it's ok.

Sorry if you can't see your hypocrisy. And the fuck you, yeah, was a personal insult when someone tells me to respect something I don't have to, it's a bit harsh and unneeded, but we are all adults that can handle it.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Amir » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:33 am

yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy

SWERY follows more than 32,000 people so it's not that special, but still...

Amir has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby FlagshipFighter » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:39 pm

Amir wrote:Image

yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy

SWERY follows more than 32,000 people so it's not that special, but still...

CONGRATS MAN!! That's awesome! Hopefully he's aware of your awesome articles/publications...
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:13 pm

Peter wrote:Ah, thanks for the tips man. I will be looking to go back to the gym soon and get into shape, but I question every single thing i do and always think I am doing it wrong. Am I lifting wrong, am in lifting too much? Am I working out right in general? What is my diet supposed to be? Is this right because that other person says it isn't.

I would need to be told what to do or what exactly to eat every hour of the day by someone who knows and it drives me insane thinking I am doing a workout or eating wrong.

The first thing you want to decide on is what do you want to do. Do you want to look like Arnie when he was a pro bodybuildier or do you want to just look a bit healthier? If you want a body like a Greek God then you're going to have to devote pretty much your entire life to working out and eating healthier.

Before going to the gym I had no idea what I would do in a gym such as targeting muscle groups and correct way of lifting. My suggestion would be to either go with a friend who knows his stuff or look at getting a personal trainer for 2-4 weeks. Luckily I had a friend who was really into it so when I first went I tagged along with him and he was able to teach me the correct way of lifting etc. Once you know your basic stuff you should be fine to go alone without second guessing yourself.

Eating healthy is probably the hardest part. You need too eat at least 3 meals a day minimum as you need energy to fuel your body. As long as you aren't eating an entire block of dairy milk everyday and drinking 2 litres of coke then I wouldn't worry too much. Simply googling any food will tell you if it's good for you or not.

I'd advise for about a month just go and see how you get on while cutting out the obvious junk food. After a month you should see a little improvement in certain parts of your body and realize you can lift heavier weights. I'd advise waiting a month before you start buying stuff like protein powder and expensive gym clothes as I see so many people buy that stuff and then only go for a week or two. After a month you should be in the habit of going on set days and it becomes a part of your routine.

The most important advise is that you won't see improvement overnight it is something that takes a lot of your time. Although you may want arms as big as your legs certain peoples genetics just don't allow that, for instance it didn't take long for my chest too get bigger but it took awhile for my arms. My friend has arms like a gorilla but struggles improving his chest, everyone is different and has their own pace.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Where the fucking fuck did the member, South Carmain, go? He always had an insightful and wise view on events...

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic