Games You Are Getting in April/May?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Games You Are Getting in April/May?

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:02 pm

This April/May the releases are stacked with quality, imo, which ones are you guys getting? I've bolded the one I have on pre-order already and italics on the ones I will be getting at some point, and added in ones I am really uncertain about too, if I missed anything out, please add in your own:

Ratchet and Clank - will make this my entry into the series, but obviously due to the money going on other games, I will get this like a month later.

Quantum Break - Remedy are a good developer and I'm itching for a good linear third person shooter right now and it looks like it fits the bill. Third Person Shooters with noir influences is Remedy's bread and butter and this looks to provide the bill for that.

Uncharted 4 - Undecided yet, more intereste din Quantum Break for getting my TPS fix since I pretty much know all of the story beats Uncharted game will go through by now.

Mirror's Edge 2 - I enjoyed the first game wasn't ecstatic about it like some on here, but it was a fresh game released at a time of a lot of FPS and this looks like a decent next attempt at righting the flaws of the first game and providing a fresh experience once again since there still isn't else like it on the market. Will have to wait a month for my purchase though.

StarFox Zero - For the first time since 1997 we will have a Star Fox game that's a true arcade like experience and be a full on rail shooter (with some exploration sequences as new vehicles). I'm cautiously optimistic for this game it's looking better now.

Dark Souls 3 - Duh. Potential GOTY, hopefully it lives up to previous titles. The response so far has been overwhelmingly positive off the players who got it through importing JP copies and sounds like a true send off for the Dark Souls IP. Extremely excited for this game as ever.

Doom - Not really enthused by it. I'd prefer a more arcadey and fast paced old school shooter than the cinematic gore fest this looks like from trailers but I will wait for YouTube footage before deciding fully if I ever want to play this or not.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan - It's a Ninja Turtles game made by Platinum Games, I'm there day one. Looks like a really fun sandbox to play in and full of really fun brawling combat, potentially the best TMNT game since Turtles in Time.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Re: Games You Are Getting in April/May?

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:31 pm

Only thing I have pre-ordered right now is Valkyria Chronicles Remaster which releases in May.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby FlagshipFighter » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:02 pm

Well, I've preordered Mirror's Edge Catalyst, I am crazy ecstatic about it. Funnily enough, i didn't quite enjoy this at the time the original came out (my SDTV back then used to make me motion sick with it), i only completed it a couple of years ago and sure it ain't perfect but i loved it so much i went on to complete the game 3x times and play the other modes + get as much DLC as i can.

Sure, EA are full of shadiness at the best of times but i am so thankful they had faith (see what i did there?) to reattempt the idea/concept. I am very impressed with the changes and directions they've taken (I got to play the demo last year at a convention) and it's the first game I've preordered since splinter cell: blacklist!

Quantum Break looks cool but i may wait for that down the line as i am busy during April + i am concerned that there won't be a sufficient amount of content to warrant it's full price as I've already played Alan Wake (which it comes with).

Uncharted 4 looks cool but I don't have a PS4 :-(

But yeah, mirror edge... my second most anticipated game second to shenmue. Let's hope it's a good'n.
AnimeGamer183 wrote:Only thing I have pre-ordered right now is Valkyria Chronicles Remaster which releases in May.

Love that game so much, played it on steam. I still need to finish the second, I'm going to commit to that during the summer holidays me-thinks.
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby KiBa » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:50 pm

I had hoped to get Panzer Dragoon Saga for my Saturn, then I found out quick how naive I was.

KiBa has received a thanks from: Mr357
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby FlagshipFighter » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:30 pm

KiBa wrote:I had hoped to get Panzer Dragoon Saga for my Saturn, then I found out quick how naive I was.

Haha xD On the subject of this, has anyone ever played Crimson Dragon? I completely forgot about that game hmmm wondering how much it is, hmm I've never seen it on sale...

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Axm » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:45 pm

MLB The Show '16 (comes out in a couple days. I'll be playing the shit out of it all year again just like I always do. This year the game has a ton of new stuff. Very excited more so than any game coming out this year.)

Phantasy Star Online 2 (4/20 PS4 Japan only but ill be back in the states for awhile so wont actually pick it up until the end of May or June)

Uncharted 4 (But also wont be picking it up until like June)
Last edited by Axm on Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby OL » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:17 pm

Otherwise, probably Dark Souls and Mirror's Edge right away. Uncharted 4 is a definite buy soon after, as is Ratchet & Clank. Not sure about much else.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:32 pm

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (I've been waiting since the first game) and Overwatch. I may get Battleborn but I'm still undecided.

FlagshipFighter wrote:Haha xD On the subject of this, has anyone ever played Crimson Dragon? I completely forgot about that game hmmm wondering how much it is, hmm I've never seen it on sale...

It's okay. Not in the same league as the Panzer games, but certainly worth a try.

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:28 pm

I actually think this game looks pretty cool. It's nothing ultra-new or anything (gameplay-wise, this could have been a PS2 game), but it looks like a nice little experience. I like the art design and color scheme, and hey, any excuse to further support KoeiTecmo's knack for localizing unlikely games.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:47 pm

I may get TMNT if it ends up being good, I need to see more of it, but I could see myself getting into that game too. I personally like the NES version of TMNT II Arcade, and then TMNT III The Manhattan Project, as those were the 2 I had as a kid, and some of the Game Boy TMNT games from back in the day which some played similar to TMNT II-IV. As for Turtles in Time I played it way later seeing as I never had a SNES as a kid, so im not quite at the level of nostalgia for that one, also dont think i ever beat it, where I beat II and III. The first game on NES is just killer hard, and I dont really like it that much, but I had that game too.

phpBB [video]

found this cool little video going over alot of the TMNT games.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:27 am

I'm a huge Star Fox fan and would be all over it, but sadly I don't have a U and likely won't ever get one. It's just too pricey for what it is. Has Nintendo even lowered the price on it since launch? You'd think it would have been slashed and slashed repeatedly by now in part of the slow sales but they seem unwilling to budge. Oh well.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Thief » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:30 am

Sonikku wrote: I'm a huge Star Fox fan and would be all over it, but sadly I don't have a U and likely won't ever get one. It's just too pricey for what it is. Has Nintendo even lowered the price on it since launch? You'd think it would have been slashed and slashed repeatedly by now in part of the slow sales but they seem unwilling to budge. Oh well.

Hopefully the NX will be backwards compatible, then maybe it will be more justifiable to purchase one :)

Thief has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:24 pm

Even if it isn't, by the time NX is out the Wii U should be going at a cheaper price by then obviously and just get it then like I only just got a Saturn for the first time a couple of years ago. Just get it later, or maybe Nintendo will port it over to NX? Who knows.

Axm wrote:MLB The Show '16 (comes out in a couple days. I'll be playing the shit out of it all year again just like I always do. This year the game has a ton of new stuff. Very excited more so than any game coming out this year.)

Phantasy Star Online 2 (4/20 PS4 Japan only but ill be back in the states for awhile so wont actually pick it up until the end of May or June)

Uncharted 4 (But also wont be picking it up until like June)

A shame we're never getting PSO2 in the rest of the world..

KiBa wrote:I had hoped to get Panzer Dragoon Saga for my Saturn, then I found out quick how naive I was.

Checking eBay for games like PDSaga and Snatcher sure is a soul crushing moment. One day, I guess (when I've won the lottery, even then, maybe, those prices for video games of all things are just ridiculous...there's no guarantee I'd even like the game even for that at least with Snatcher which is one of my favourite games of all time it's worth it but Saga...I dunno).

OL wrote: Image

I actually think this game looks pretty cool. It's nothing ultra-new or anything (gameplay-wise, this could have been a PS2 game), but it looks like a nice little experience. I like the art design and color scheme, and hey, any excuse to further support KoeiTecmo's knack for localizing unlikely games.

Yeah I've had my eye on that one too, definitely seems like something from the PS2 era released this gen.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:33 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:
Checking eBay for games like PDSaga and Snatcher sure is a soul crushing moment. One day, I guess (when I've won the lottery, even then, maybe, those prices for video games of all things are just ridiculous...there's no guarantee I'd even like the game even for that at least with Snatcher which is one of my favourite games of all time it's worth it but Saga...I dunno).

Saga can be treated as a rental. You'll make back what you pay for it. That's what I did for many years when I couldn''t really afford it but had to satisfy my itch to play it again. It really is a monumental piece of work and should be experienced at least once.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Most of those Henry mentioned i'm getting too, but i'm most looking forward to Mirror's Edge 2.

Kenny has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Next

Return to General Gaming