What TV series are you watching?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:50 pm

Catching up on season 14 of family guy. Wow... a few of these have just been hillarious, the short tome cruise episode was awesome. I had totally forgotten to watch family guy since I had gotten out of the hospital, I watched like the first episode of this season before now and thats it.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:37 pm

I'm going back and rewatching all the episodes of Peep Show. I forgot just how funny this show was.

phpBB [video]

Every scene with Super Hans is completely insane. Easily my favorite character.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:13 pm

^Just finished watching the final season about 2 weeks ago, watched all 6 episodes in a weekend.

The last episode didn't feel like your normal last episode of a TV show where they try to wrap everything up and they could easily pick it up again but it made me feel a bit sad. It's one of those shows that started around when I became a teenager and you actually start watching decent TV. It's just always been there every year or two for a couple of months and stayed consistently funny all the way through. As outrageous and over the top as it can be at times everyone knows someone like Mark, Jez, Alan or Superhans.

I'd easily put it somewhere in the top 10 British comedies.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:40 pm

The People vs OJ Simpson

Truth be told, I really had a problem with this for the first couple of episodes. For a BBC produced show, it had quite a bad bias towards OJ. Also came across quite low budget judging by the wash out cast. Something this day and age produced and starring John Travolta is never a good sign. (And what has he done to his face?! He looks like when the bad guy from The Mask steals the mask for himself)

Now it's getting more to the events of the trial I'm enjoying it.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Ziming » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:33 am

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby fittersau » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:09 am

Ziming wrote:
phpBB [video]

So are you watching The 100, or this Romanian guy mouth off at the reactions of certain segments of society? I'm kinda surprised I listened to 16 minutes, it was strangely intriguing and amusing! :shock:

Watching Marco Polo myself. What a good show, shame Weinstein didn't do such as great job with Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby OL » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:19 am

Watched the first two episodes of Daredevil season 2 this morning.
Still good stuff, but still with the exact same problem: Deborah Ann Woll (god, she's awful). Very first thing I did was looked at the synopsis for the very last episode, and
unfortunately the thumbnail for it showed her still alive by that point. So I have to sit through another entire season of her annoying quivery voice, wispy facial hair, shit-eating grins, and mole-covered face. I was really hoping she'd get killed off, but unless it happens in the very last episode, it doesn't look like it's happening this season.

Anyway, whatever the case, it's still a fun-as-hell vigilante show, and yeah, Daredevil's costume is way better here than it was in the last episode of season 1. I still miss the athletic gear and blind facemask, but the new one is still good.
And the Punisher is definitely turning into one of those characters who makes you cheer a bit every time he shows up. There's a nice little scene in a pawn shop like that.
Good start. Looking forward to the rest.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby fittersau » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:38 am

OL wrote: Watched the first two episodes of Daredevil season 2 this morning.
Still good stuff, ...
Good start. Looking forward to the rest.

I am in episode 9 into DD season 1.. pretty good show. Seems like Netflix spared no expense to get decent writers and good actors in.

The violence is kinda excessive though... :???:
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby KiBa » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:11 am

The 1985 Twilight Zone revival. Some episodes are masterpieces equal to the best of the original series with some excellent twists. One stands out so far: Paladin of the Lost Hour.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Kenny » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:28 am

Looking forward to the last episode for this season on Walking Dead.

It's getting really messed up now.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:27 pm

I was never interested in it before, but I decided to give Arrow a try on Netflix. In the past I've always been pretty averse to any of the shows DC have come up with, mainly because they tend to take absolutely no measure whatsoever to ground themselves. They usually end up as cheesy, obviously teen-aimed exercises in goofy indulgence, with casts that are way too pretty to be believable as anything other than tv actors. Always hated Smallville when it was on, I couldn't get past the first few minutes of Gotham (and the commercials I see keep telling me I'm justified in avoiding it; ugh ugh ugh), and obviously Birds of Prey back in the day was just... awful. And another "no thank you" to CBS's Supergirl show.
But I started to hear some promising things about DC's newer batch of shows (Arrow and The Flash; no clue what Legends of Tomorrow is like). Found out that Geoff Johns had actually worked on some of this stuff, and I've always been a fan of his comics work. And when I was watching a BvS review by Kevin Smith, he mentioned having worked on The Flash a bit (I'm guessing as a director?). And hearing that made me perk up a bit.
I already knew from the onset that they might be cheesy and comicbook-y, but for some reason something clicked, and I decided that's no biggie to me anymore. And with so much of it available on Netflix already (at least 69 episodes of Arrow, and I think another 23 of The Flash), it'll at least give me something to spend some time with. Been needing something to watch lately.
So, since The Flash kind of spins off from it, I figured I'd start with Arrow and move from there. And yeah, it is indeed a bit cheesy and soap opera-y and goofy sometimes... but it is entertaining at least. I think I'm on episode 7 now. It feels vaguely like Daredevil, except not quite as bloody violent (which is ironic, since Daredevil refuses to kill, but Green Arrow does it all the time), which is just an effect of it being a basic cable show. Some of the action is actually pretty good. And so far the supporting cast is nowhere near as grating and annoying as the supporting cast of DD.
I do wish Arrow himself was a little more like the comics I've read; he's all broody and dark here, whereas I always understood him in the comics to be a bit more wisecracking, like Spider-Man with a bow. But I'm honestly not familiar enough with the comics for it to bother me much (only read a few story arcs and the Year One miniseries, which the flashbacks in this are actually pretty close to).
So yeah, it's nowhere near as bad as I always expected, and I'm actually pretty interested in seeing where it goes, as well as moving on to The Flash eventually. And I really want to see more of Deathstroke. Hopefully they don't waste his appearances too bad (like they did with Deadshot, who seems to have been a one-and-done single-episode villain).
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:41 pm

Speaking of cheesy superhero shows, I saw the Flash/Supergirl crossover a couple days ago.

It was kinda lame except for the parts where they were teaming up and fighting, but then again this is a very different kind of presentation where it's much lighter in tone. Still, it could've done with less cornball jokes and lines.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:34 am

Finished Mr. Robot. Not a big fan with what they did in the end, but I still think it's a great show.

Started the new season of Game of Thrones. I liked it alot, looking forward to the rest of them.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:48 pm

^Also watched the first episode of GoT. Normally takes me 3-4 episodes each season to remember what was happening with everyone but I picked everything up right away and didn't have to do my normal pause and google when I hear a name.

Guess it helps when you kill 27 of your 54 main characters so you have less to follow.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:01 pm

Yeah, GoT is such a weird show because they adapted a massive novel series that has a shit ton of characters in it so they have to spend like 10 minutes for each set of characters an episode.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic