Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Mr357 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:58 am

Sonikku wrote:

If only she was from Oklahoma

Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:19 pm

Loving these panama leaks.

Just shows show argentina will never get out of the corruption matrix, we deserve the fucking worst.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:19 pm

shredingskin wrote: we deserve the fucking worst.

?? :?: Why??
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:35 pm

Because now people are justifying the fucking actual president in what pretty much is a tu quoque argument against the old goverment.

Not only that, the anti corruption agency is run by a member of the same party that is in charge and they pretty much dismissed everything.

If we actually want justice we can't live with that mindset, yeah the old goverment were a fucking mafia, that doesn't mean you have to turn a blind eye on the new one.

I really hate everything.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Kenny » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:03 pm

My comic, Monsters, is finally in the beginning stages of development now that the artwork has been approved.

I've been reading tons of comics in preparation so I can give better notes to my artist in an effort to make it feel more like a conventional comic book. I've been re-reading a couple of old favorites I liked as a kid as well as familiarize myself with the classics like some of the Batman stuff (which is easily some of the best reading material in the medium).

I'm also taking cues from certain comics whose artwork I loved back in the day but am now getting familiar with the stories. Darkness is pretty well-written so far but I'm disappointed with Spawn and Witchblade, which are overwritten and under deliver. Which is a shame as I really enjoy the title characters. My biggest reads are Eastman and Laird's 80s TMNT and Walking Dead, since they're closer to what I want I accomplish and are my direct competition.

Kenny has received 4 thanks from: Amir, FlagshipFighter, OL, Raithos
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:26 pm

The original TMNT comics are great, and go a direction that you wouldnt expect from watching the original cartoon. Glad you are giving them a read Kenny, they are great reads.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Kenny
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Yeah, they're incredibly dark which is a stark contrast to the turtles I grew up with.

But the debut issue is a great read. All the iconic stuff from the first movie is there. It's easy to see why they chose not to deviate from it too much.

Kenny has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:11 pm

So the other night, after being a fan for years upon years upon years, I finally got to go see Carrie Rodriguez live. I've mentioned her once or twice on here. One of my absolute favorite singers/songwriters/musicians, who plays a genre I'm not even usually all that into (county/folk/americana). I'm very picky about music, so when I do have a favorite artist, I'm very passionate about them and their work.
So man, what a great experience that was. I was smiling ear-to-ear through the whole show. I don't experience live music all that often as it is, but after waiting so many years to finally get a chance to hear her play, having otherwise seen so many youtube clips and whatnot of her shows, it felt almost dreamlike to actually be there.
And, being in such a small venue, she came out to meet people after the show. So I got to say hi, got her to sign something and all that. And I learned a very important lesson from that experience.
I am not cool.
Being that I'm such a fan of hers, it turned out that meeting her was, for me, a lot like how I imagine other people might react to meeting Elvis or The Beatles. I was struggling not to shake, trying to figure out some words to say that wouldn't sound idiotic. I was only half-successful. I know I said to her that I was really nervous. I can't remember exactly what else I said to her, but I know I tripped over my words. It's kind of hard to articulate to someone like that (especially when they, themselves, are very humble and down-to-earth) how much their work means to you without sounding like some kind of weirdo. I didn't freak out or anything, didn't say anything all too embarrassing, but I was certainly starstruck as hell.
She was gracious and lovely about it either way, thanked me for sticking with her music for so many years and all that, and was nice enough to take a picture with me, which I keep looking at and smiling. Regardless of how nervous I was, it was a great experience, and I'm an even bigger fan of her now for having gone through it.
But man oh man, I am nowhere near as cool and composed as I usually like to think I am. Throughout life, you always imagine how you'd act in certain situations. And in this particular one, I never imagined I'd be such a goof about it. I got out to my car and, despite being happy, was literally shaking like a skittish dog listening to bacon fry. Maybe keeping cool just comes from experience (and I have exactly zero experience meeting artists that I admire), but it's a bit of a jolt all the same when you realize that you're not exactly the Fonzie you've always fancied yourself to be.

OL has received 6 thanks from: Amir, FlagshipFighter, Kenny, Monkei, Rakim, Sonikku
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:01 pm

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Mr357
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby FlagshipFighter » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:39 pm

Kenny wrote:My comic, Monsters, is finally in the beginning stages of development now that the artwork has been approved.

I've been reading tons of comics in preparation so I can give better notes to my artist in an effort to make it feel more like a conventional comic book. I've been re-reading a couple of old favorites I liked as a kid as well as familiarize myself with the classics like some of the Batman stuff (which is easily some of the best reading material in the medium).

I'm also taking cues from certain comics whose artwork I loved back in the day but am now getting familiar with the stories. Darkness is pretty well-written so far but I'm disappointed with Spawn and Witchblade, which are overwritten and under deliver. Which is a shame as I really enjoy the title characters. My biggest reads are Eastman and Laird's 80s TMNT and Walking Dead, since they're closer to what I want I accomplish and are my direct competition.

Cool, nice work! I've been finding all of your artistic endeavours (this and screenwriting) interesting. Do you by any chance have a portfolio/website/material that we can check out/buy?

OL wrote:So the other night, after being a fan for years upon years upon years, I finally got to go see Carrie Rodriguez live. I've mentioned her once or twice on here. One of my absolute favorite singers/songwriters/musicians, who plays a genre I'm not even usually all that into (county/folk/americana). I'm very picky about music, so when I do have a favorite artist, I'm very passionate about them and their work.
So man, what a great experience that was. I was smiling ear-to-ear through the whole show. I don't experience live music all that often as it is, but after waiting so many years to finally get a chance to hear her play, having otherwise seen so many youtube clips and whatnot of her shows, it felt almost dreamlike to actually be there.
And, being in such a small venue, she came out to meet people after the show. So I got to say hi, got her to sign something and all that. And I learned a very important lesson from that experience.
I am not cool.
Being that I'm such a fan of hers, it turned out that meeting her was, for me, a lot like how I imagine other people might react to meeting Elvis or The Beatles. I was struggling not to shake, trying to figure out some words to say that wouldn't sound idiotic. I was only half-successful. I know I said to her that I was really nervous. I can't remember exactly what else I said to her, but I know I tripped over my words. It's kind of hard to articulate to someone like that (especially when they, themselves, are very humble and down-to-earth) how much their work means to you without sounding like some kind of weirdo. I didn't freak out or anything, didn't say anything all too embarrassing, but I was certainly starstruck as hell.
She was gracious and lovely about it either way, thanked me for sticking with her music for so many years and all that, and was nice enough to take a picture with me, which I keep looking at and smiling. Regardless of how nervous I was, it was a great experience, and I'm an even bigger fan of her now for having gone through it.
But man oh man, I am nowhere near as cool and composed as I usually like to think I am. Throughout life, you always imagine how you'd act in certain situations. And in this particular one, I never imagined I'd be such a goof about it. I got out to my car and, despite being happy, was literally shaking like a skittish dog listening to bacon fry. Maybe keeping cool just comes from experience (and I have exactly zero experience meeting artists that I admire), but it's a bit of a jolt all the same when you realize that you're not exactly the Fonzie you've always fancied yourself to be.

That's really cool! I the same with bands too, and i felt a similar sensation when seeing a-ha. Thanks for sharing :-)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

FlagshipFighter has received a thanks from: OL
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Kenny » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:25 pm

No website yet, but I plan on making one after either the comic or one of my screenplays sell. Either one seems likely to happen.

Kenny has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby FlagshipFighter » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:27 am

Kenny wrote:No website yet, but I plan on making one after either the comic or one of my screenplays sell. Either one seems likely to happen.

Sounds great, hoping for the best! :-)

FlagshipFighter has received a thanks from: Kenny
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:48 pm

shredingskin wrote: Because now people are justifying the fucking actual president in what pretty much is a tu quoque argument against the old goverment.

Not only that, the anti corruption agency is run by a member of the same party that is in charge and they pretty much dismissed everything.

If we actually want justice we can't live with that mindset, yeah the old goverment were a fucking mafia, that doesn't mean you have to turn a blind eye on the new one.

I really hate everything.

Meh, all countries have people who are that dumb! ;-)

Porsche found not guilty in Paul Walker crash;

http://news.sky.com/story/1673326/porsc ... lker-crash

Have to say, GOOD! Auto manufacturers, especially expensive ones like Porsche, are nearly always "the bad guy" when it comes to court cases, so it's good to see that some common sense was applied this time! There must have been some scumbag lawyers egging them on though, because I find it hard to believe that people would actually have the cheek to try and sue Porsche as the guilty party, when the driver drove it into a pole at 90+mph! Apparently on the same tyres the car was on when it was brand new (like, not the same make and model, but literally the same set!) and with some other non-standard modifications, too! Surely a few seconds of thought process should have made the families know they didn't have a leg to stand on!? Wasting some of their inherited fortunes on lawyers, pshh....
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:24 pm

The only way they could've lost that suit is if there was a clear defect in the car that made it slide off the road and veer into a tree.

Instead it was an idiot driver who went way too fast and killed himself and his passenger. Apparently the driver was a pro and did this many times in a row, he simply was going too fast and lost control. It happens. But at the end of the day, it was human error that caused those deaths.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:58 am

It was described as having "twitchy" handling, when it first came out, and not much in the way of electronic assistance to save drivers from themselves, but frankly these things should make anyone who drives it MORE careful of what they're doing. The onus is always on the driver to control it.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic