Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri May 27, 2016 5:39 pm

^Yooka Laylee & Bloodstained both seem to be doing right by the fans, at least [Banjo and Castlevania both in all but name, with new twists]. Shenmue 3 will probably (hopefully) turn out well as well. Other projects like this, Red Ash, Unsung Story (that was supposed to be Matsuno's new game which he apparently ducked out of) and Project Phoenix though? Yeah, complete messes.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Kindled_One » Fri May 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Last edited by Kindled_One on Sun May 29, 2016 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kindled_One
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri May 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Looks shit, trailer guy's class though. Wish they took the piss outta their own audience much more.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Ziming » Sun May 29, 2016 8:22 am

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Thief » Sun May 29, 2016 8:38 am

Henry Spencer wrote: ^Yooka Laylee & Bloodstained both seem to be doing right by the fans, at least [Banjo and Castlevania both in all but name, with new twists]. Shenmue 3 will probably (hopefully) turn out well as well. Other projects like this, Red Ash, Unsung Story (that was supposed to be Matsuno's new game which he apparently ducked out of) and Project Phoenix though? Yeah, complete messes.

I don't mean to say that there won't be good games made through kickstarter (hopefully shenmue 3 is one of them). But I honestly see the kickstarter thing being a huge "fad" -- for lack of a better word. People are nostalgic for this particular type of game, but that nostalgia for that particular game will get overhyped, and the consumer will get emotionally invested in it (because they are financially invested in it), so when it finally comes out it'll likely be a let-down. Or maybe the game will be exactly what they wished for, but people may realize that it's not necessarily what they wanted -- despite thinking so. After a couple of let-downs (not necessarily through lack of game quality, but instead through lack of meeting the fan's hype/expectations/nostalgia), people will likely be hesitant to back and support kickstarter projects. At least this is what I expect to happen.

Of course I'm entirely grateful for kickstarter existing, since it's given opportunity for shenmue 3 to finally exist. None of the other games are really comparable to the importance of shenmue 3 being made, imo. But of course, I'm biased.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun May 29, 2016 9:25 am

I agree that if the output or general reception is less than stellar for a majority of games funded by Kickstarter then the popularity of pledging via the platform will plummet. There's also the huge delays too, which really isn't helping things. I remember playin the demo for that Jet Set Radio rip-off and it was a cross between platforming on the original Tomb Raider on a screen the size of a watch controlling it via a laptop touch pad whilst simultaneously tryna crack one off over Babestation before the free preview ends n your parents come back with their mates from a night on the piss.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Raithos » Sun May 29, 2016 7:39 pm

Not sure why, but if you use the code GAMESTOP at Papa John's you get 40% off menu price lol. Expires tomorrow.

Also..

Ziming wrote:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Mr357 » Sun May 29, 2016 9:28 pm

One is "racist," the other is "funny."

Mr357 has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun May 29, 2016 11:24 pm

Some of the awesome Vehicles at Momo con

AnimeGamer183 has received 4 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Kenny, Mr357, Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon May 30, 2016 11:32 am

I'm digging that VW Mystery Machine! 8)

I also saw an actual real DeLorean out in the wild driving about a few weeks back!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Tue May 31, 2016 12:40 pm

I wish the rest of this season of Game of Thrones would magically leak to the interwebs some how. I can't wait for Sunday lol.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Kenny
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Tue May 31, 2016 4:39 pm

Forreals.

I want to see more of what they'll do with Bran.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Peter » Tue May 31, 2016 5:45 pm

Fucking hell this season has kicked it up a notch after last year's mediocre showing. Every episode has that wtf moment. You could even argue that this week's was some filler, but the show is that good, that filler is bringing characters back after 5 years who fans what went nuts just theorising about. Nothing to see here lol. Unbelievable show. I never want it to end. The husband of my maanger in work is a location manager for GOT here in Belfast and word is that there will be 2 more seasons with 6 episodes each to wrap it up.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Monkei » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:13 am

Ziming wrote: "And make the bad guys cry like an anime fan on prom night"

phpBB [video]

Wow. This has to be the dumbest, most cringeworthy trailer I've ever seen for a videogame. Plus the game looks incredibly shitty. Doesn't get much worse than this I guess, but who knows. Red Ash or whatever it's called might just do that.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:58 am

Peter wrote: Fucking hell this season has kicked it up a notch after last year's mediocre showing. Every episode has that wtf moment. You could even argue that this week's was some filler, but the show is that good, that filler is bringing characters back after 5 years who fans what went nuts just theorising about. Nothing to see here lol. Unbelievable show. I never want it to end. The husband of my maanger in work is a location manager for GOT here in Belfast and word is that there will be 2 more seasons with 6 episodes each to wrap it up.

Yeah, Season 5 was definitely the weakest season of them all so far, I'd say. This season however has definitely upped the stakes in a lot of ways and concluded some long standing storylines from ages ago too
what happened to Osha and Rickon, the Iron Islands and Theon's family etc

This season has been an absolute bloodbath, think it probably has the record for the most character deaths yet, surely?

WTF happened to Gendry anyway? Surely stopped rowing the boat by now. #-o
And Thoros and Beric Dondarrion?
Will Arya kill them?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic