Persona 5

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Persona 5

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:47 pm

You S-Link with these merchants, supposedly.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:51 pm

So the E3 trailer is the same one we got recently but with English subs.

phpBB [video]
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby OL » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:17 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
Siliconera has learned today that Persona 5 won’t include both English and Japanese voiceover options.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/14/pe ... e-e3-2016/

<_<
I'm so tired of anime-style English dubs. I'm just old and cranky, but that shit does nothing but hurt Japanese games for me nowadays. Can't take them seriously, more often than not.
Pretty disappointing news, especially in an age where most publishers seem to understand that having the option between different languages is kind of a big deal. How does Atlus, long-time localizers that they are, not get that?
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:11 pm

phpBB [video]

and extended video look at the game and E3 coverage
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:36 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Persona-PlayStat ... =persona+5

Persona 5 Pre-Orders are up! You can choose from PS4 Standard, PS4 Steelbook, PS4 Take Your Heart Premium, and PS3 standard!

Just gotta say its so good to see they threw the PS3 version in there as well, when so many other people *cough* square and namco bandai *cough* skip out on PS3 versions! Everyone can play!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby GYO6161 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:08 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: https://www.amazon.com/Persona-PlayStat ... =persona+5

Persona 5 Pre-Orders are up! You can choose from PS4 Standard, PS4 Steelbook, PS4 Take Your Heart Premium, and PS3 standard!

Just gotta say its so good to see they threw the PS3 version in there as well, when so many other people *cough* square and namco bandai *cough* skip out on PS3 versions! Everyone can play!

cough, Sega with Yakuza 0 cough
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:18 pm

^ Damn, I didnt even realize 0 had a PS3 version... and here I was thinking Y0 was made for the PS4 from the ground up. Well, it should still be fine either way. And at least Sega gives Atlus the freedom to make their own choices about multiple platforms and shit, I am surprised Atlus basically has stayed exactly the same under Sega and not been run down by them, thoughts on that anyone?

Also yes, the Amazon Prime discount applies to the Premium and Steelbook editions, 20% off for me! \:D/
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:53 am

I need to experience this game in SOME form and I just can't wait until February. I will probably watch a let's play of the game in Japanese or import and play on my sister's ps4.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kintor » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:15 am

Just a heads up, Crunchyroll has got the rights to simulcast the Persona 5 anime special:

Today Crunchyroll revealed plans to stream PERSONA5 the Animation -THE DAY BREAKERS-, the tie-in prologue anime produced by A-1 Pictures. The launch time is set for September 3 at 5:00am Pacific Time.

PERSONA5 the Animation -THE DAY BREAKERS- will be available to Crunchyroll members in North America, Central America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and Ireland.

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... -breakers-

The way that Crunchyroll works is that premium members can watch the simulcast straight away, ad free and in HD. While a week later the same video will be made available to all Crunchyroll members, it's just that without a premium account you'll get ads during the video and can only stream in SD.

With that said I have a premium account at Crunchyroll. I've got a couple of spare 48 hour (premium) guest passes if anyone is interested in watching the Persona 5 anime this week.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Yama » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:30 am

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG fangasm
Attachments
RUjk9ll.jpg
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Axm » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:51 am

So the game is out and I just started playing. Very style. Such japan. Much talk.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby shredingskin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:37 am

I'm liking it as for now (just finished the tutorial dungeon). The story seems promising, the main is pretty cool. The graphics feel old but have charm, the presentation is top notch, the designs are great, the animated cutscenes are pretty polished. Also the dungeon designs seem a step up from persona 4 (and a lot over persona's 3 tartarus), also seems a little bit more mature.

But it doesn't resonates with me as P3 did from the start, that cool blue, burn my dread, and the summonning of the persona will be very difficult to top:

shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:42 am

Mine shipped, it will be waiting for me whenever I get back home and actually have time... which may be in May or June? BUSY BUSY BUSY!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kintor » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:10 am

I've just put roughly 2.5 hours into Persona 5. I'm still getting my thoughts together but one thing is clear - I love this game!

It's hard to describe but it just feels good playing Persona 5. The whole theme of the current generation being screwed over in a game that was rigged from the start, that's powerful stuff and really hits home with everything that has been happening in the world these last few years.

I know I've only scratched the surface here. I can't wait to play more.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:31 am

I forgot how loooong, and how much grind there is in persona games...

Even if time passes rapidly because the game is fun (and pretty mindless, making you think you're always progressing like those cookie clicker games) there's a part of my mind that goes "this is not worth that much time".

I'm not sure if I'm just not going to watch a walkthrough at x16 speed, and then looking at the cutscenes in real time.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming