Shenmue 1 ultimate save file made!

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue 1 ultimate save file made!

Postby LCrespo » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:17 pm

I think this is the last time I ever play shenmue 1. I almost made my shenmue 1 ultimate save file on US version before but at the end of game I noticed I can't succeed the save file from US version because there is no shenmue 2 US version. That was a major pain. Now I have achieved this goal in the Eu version (I am not Japanese so playing the JP version doesn't make sense to me)

Here are some pics showing what I have done in this last try.

I obtained all the items that can be obtained in Shenmue 1 (Exclude few online featured items that are unavailable today, thank god they can be obtained in shenmue 2)

Memo 100% complete

Technically, this is not "100%" because it's impossible to get all the entries as few entries are contradictory。 You must pick either. All the lapis clues got!

I mastered all the moves, exclude throw moves, the bad ending happens in April in the game so even if playing with Fukusan every morning it is still impossible to master all the throw moves, this will be my goal in shenmue 2.

Thanks for GDemu to save lots of my time. Next goal- making ultimate save file for shenmue 2! and wait for shenmue 3!

LCrespo has received 5 thanks from: Esppiral, johnvivant, Mr357, myshtuff, Sappharad
LCrespo
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue 1 ultimate save file made!

Postby Sappharad » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:12 pm

Will you be posting your save file online in case someone might want it? Or do you not have anything that lets you do that?

LCrespo wrote:I almost made my shenmue 1 ultimate save file on US version before but at the end of game I noticed I can't succeed the save file from US version because there is no shenmue 2 US version. That was a major pain.

I fixed that last year, EU version can be patched to import US and Japanese save files. Or you can use a cheat device code too. Info here in case someone else needs it some day.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:02 pm

Wow.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby myshtuff » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:39 pm

I can't remember, but back in the day didn't someone create a save file that you could load onto a VMU that would allow you to still play in a completed save file? Like you could drop in anywhere still? It would be neat to somehow do that to this save file. I could be remembering wrong though.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby ikemenken » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:45 pm

I'm interested in how you mastered all moves? Care to explain your technique?
ikemenken
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: imfaizl
Currently playing: Shenmue 2

Postby Mr357 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:13 am

ikemenken wrote: I'm interested in how you mastered all moves? Care to explain your technique?

The easiest way is to learn as many as possible and then let the Old Warehouse QTE (when Ryo bumps his head and has to dive for the flashlight) fail repeatedly for a month or two. You'll earn allowance and nightly moves practice for each day you lose, so you need to have Ryo practice "all moves" the night before you start.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ikemenken » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:23 pm

Mr357 wrote:
ikemenken wrote: I'm interested in how you mastered all moves? Care to explain your technique?

The easiest way is to learn as many as possible and then let the Old Warehouse QTE (when Ryo bumps his head and has to dive for the flashlight) fail repeatedly for a month or two. You'll earn allowance and nightly moves practice for each day you lose, so you need to have Ryo practice "all moves" the night before you start.

And if I use this technique, will I be able to continue on to shenmue 2 with enough time?

Speaking of which, it sucks that we have to start shenmue 3 from basics again.
ikemenken
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: imfaizl
Currently playing: Shenmue 2

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:34 pm

How many hours did it take?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby johnvivant » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:37 am

can you show us an image of your throw moves. i'd like to see if you managed to level those up to advanced.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby drunkensailor » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:35 pm

Mr357 wrote:

you won't get allowance, I'm pretty sure of that
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby BlueMue » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:40 pm

drunkensailor wrote:you won't get allowance, I'm pretty sure of that

You do. The money definately goes up. It's very little though because the game deducts the bus fares.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:09 am

Great work on the save file!!!!!!

myshtuff wrote: I can't remember, but back in the day didn't someone create a save file that you could load onto a VMU that would allow you to still play in a completed save file? Like you could drop in anywhere still? It would be neat to somehow do that to this save file. I could be remembering wrong though.

Maybe you are thinking about the beta release?
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Iyo » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:11 pm

Mr357 wrote:

I tried this method before and it did not master all my moves, they did not go up.

myshtuff wrote: I can't remember, but back in the day didn't someone create a save file that you could load onto a VMU that would allow you to still play in a completed save file? Like you could drop in anywhere still? It would be neat to somehow do that to this save file. I could be remembering wrong though.

I don't think this is true, it would be cool, practicing Tornado Kick which is impossible to do without this type of save considering it's the last move Ryo learns in Shenmue: Chapter 1 Yokosuka

Props on this save file though, musta' taken long eh?
Iyo
Banned
Banned

Return to Shenmue