Shenmue 3 Isn't Going to Be Ready for a Long, Long While Yet

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 Isn't Going to Be Ready for a Long, Long While

Postby Anonymous81 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:18 pm

I love how they continue to nitpick and misrepresent every single thing said about this game lol. Smh Oh well.

Whether it meets its aimed for date or not, I will be thankful for whatever we get.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:31 am

So I haven't posted here since it got announced..

Yay it's finally coming and Yu is in control. Wouldn't be right without him.
Areas look nice from the tech demos but the character models do not IMO.
The whole kickstarter thing is annoying and the announcement sort of left a sour taste. If Sony want to back it then back it. Other wise yu could have just announced this himself.

And as of now no HD remakes but that can hopefully change and we get the chance to buy the complete package in one.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:26 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:The whole kickstarter thing is annoying and the announcement sort of left a sour taste. If Sony want to back it then back it. Other wise yu could have just announced this himself.

Adam Boyes (Sony's then-VP of Third Party Relations) explains:

phpBB [video]
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby The_Fuzileiro » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:23 am

If Sega just release the HD versions of previous Shenmues, I personally could wait a entire year of delay! But all we have is a hope message given by Sega Europe... and... talking about this, don't you think the "#SaveShenmueHD Tweetathon" should change in order to not "ask Sega to do the game" but, instead, ask sega ANSWERS about that promise made? I mean... now is not a question of "if" the game will be made, but in fact, IS it be made, yes or no!? All Shenmue fans are tired of this... and a definitive answer must definitely put an end in this and show everybody Sega's "compromise in regaining customers trust" as said before is valid or just bullshit.
The_Fuzileiro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:27 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:If Sony want to back it then back it.

They are "backing it" in the capacity of publishing and marketing the PS4 version. That's the extent they'll go to for an IP they don't own, that has been dead for 15 years, and was never a major sales hit or money maker.

Considering it gave Shenmue III a considerable mindshare boost by being announced at an E3 press conference, and allows the budget to be focused almost exclusively on development by off-setting other costs, the deal with Sony seems reasonable enough.

Yu could have announced it himself, but a smart move was made by trying to partner with a platform holder, and the game would have been worse off without them.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:32 am

The_Fuzileiro wrote:don't you think the "#SaveShenmueHD Tweetathon" should change in order to not "ask Sega to do the game" but, instead, ask sega ANSWERS about that promise made? I mean... now is not a question of "if" the game will be made, but in fact, IS it be made, yes or no!?

I think an example of what you've been tweeting to this effect might help clarify the distinction.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Bellator » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:42 pm

The only other game that I am really looking forward to is Mass Effect Andromeda which is being produced by a major studio with a huge budget.

The game has been announced as being complete and they are now just polishing it for quality. The target date is March 2017!?!?

If a big company like Bioware needs 9 months just to polish a finished product it makes me fear for the release date of a game under development by an independent team.
Bellator
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue III