Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Thief » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:42 am

I think she's set to star in the new CG resident evil movie along-side Leon. I don't know if that's your thing though (the other two were admittedly guilty pleasures of mine).
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Mr357 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:23 pm

NVIDIA recently settled a class action lawsuit over their gimping (and subsequent false advertising) of the GTX 970. If you bought one, you should be able to get $30 out of them. https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/340705-nvidia-settles-graphics-card-false-advertising-class-action/

Mr357 has received a thanks from: BlueMue
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby BlueMue » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:03 pm

They're still fighting over this? Wow. Well I guess I can be happy to get $30 from them sometime soon then.
Considering how much my used card is worth by now this is not too bad of a refund.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Raithos » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:02 pm

Prove you used Linux on your PS3 and get paid too!

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016 ... from-sony/
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Sonikku » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:30 pm

Mr357 wrote: NVIDIA recently settled a class action lawsuit over their gimping (and subsequent false advertising) of the GTX 970. If you bought one, you should be able to get $30 out of them. https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/340705-nvidia-settles-graphics-card-false-advertising-class-action/

Considering how much more they made, compared with how many claims will get paid out I'm guessing they're coming out far ahead at the end of the day. If anything this business practice is so lucrative it would be foolish of them not to, even after reparations are factored in.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Mr357 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:20 pm

Sonikku wrote:Considering how much more they made, compared with how many claims will get paid out I'm guessing they're coming out far ahead at the end of the day. If anything this business practice is so lucrative it would be foolish of them not to, even after reparations are factored in.

Exactly. Even if 100,000 people do whatever is necessary to redeem the refund (I'm sure the actual number will be much lower), that would still only be $3 million. It's a slap on the wrist.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Calshot » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:37 am

I'm playing episode 1 of Life is Strange

I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area. Hearing modern day Oregon kids from a famous private school say the word "hella" is not only strange (wokka wokka), but downright offensive.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:44 am

Without spoiling anything, the word actually plays a small part in the story later on, so it's not quite as random as it seems.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby OL » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:33 am

I recently bought Life is Strange on the Steam summer sale, solely on the basis of all the cult buzz it's gotten, and the fact that I absolutely loved Remember Me.
Still haven't played through it yet, but I watched one of the trailers after buying it, and saw a scene where the "cool," beanie-wearing, blue-haired loner chick is in the straight-laced protagonist's room, hopping around going "Come on, let's daaaaaance!" like something out of the cringiest PG-rated girl-power movie ever.
And I thought to myself "My god... why the fuck did I just buy this?" :lol:

I might play through it soon, but I'm a little apprehensive. Not just because of the stupid bedroom dance scene (seriously, who writes stupid shit like that?), but because I'm starting to get the impression that it's only made such a splash with cult gamers because of how "progressive" it is, what with the love story being between two girls.
I'd love to be wrong though.

OL has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:12 am

It's quite amazing how watching scenes in context after getting to know the characters can enhance one's enjoyment. :P
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Ziming » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:10 pm

SEGA is considering Remaking Yakuza 2, 3, 4, and 5 for PS4
http://www.seganerds.com/2016/07/31/seg ... 5-for-ps4/
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:37 pm

I suspected they'd give Yakuza 2 the "Kiwami" treatment after the success of the first game. That game had a shoe-string budget and was sold as a budget title from day one in Japan.

Very low-risk for Sega in the grand scheme of things, and also keeps up the annual release.

As always, hope it comes over..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Zoltor » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:58 pm

I love it, when hard work finally pays off, It's such a great feeling.

Some people may envy others for having high end gear/characters even if they cheated/exploited flaws of the game, but I pity them, as busting your but, and then having such finally pay off, is the greatest feeling in the world :)

I'm a long time Ragnarok Online player, nowhere near lv cap, and I main in the most under powered class/job in the entire game(Rogue/Shadow Chaser), yet can do things most of the lv capped players using some of the most powerful classes/jobs can't easily do.

Well my unique one of a kind MVP Rogue build aside, fairly recently I have been obtaining my long term goals.

2 years ago, I bought the best garment for vit characters in the game, that cost 600m(which was all I had at the time), and in the beginning of this year, I bought my 1st god item, and with pure zenny at that(Note I didn't obtain any of that zenny by even selling Kafra items. In all the time I have been playing, on and off since 2002, only 20-25% of the total zenny I made in the history of the game, came from Kafra shop items), which cost me 1.7b(yes somehow I managed to make 1.7b in 1-1 1/2 years, and I wasn't even hard coring it, and none of that came from the Kafra shop either), so now I have the best garment for agi characters in the game, and easily the most versatile piece of equipment in the game as well(as while It's the best garment for agi characters in every mode, in PvP/WOE, it also becomes the best garment for vit characters as well).

During my entire time playing RO, I've probally made a "total" of 5b or so, but you would be surprised how fast fast thast zenny goes, a 100m here, a 100m there, who knows how much I spent on expendable supplies ect(I'm 1 of the oldest vets, so I wouldn't be surprised if 1b of that 5b went just to expendable supplies), needless to say, having nearly 2b zenny at one time, is no small feat.

I hate to sound like I'm bragging, but I'm just really proud of all that my Rogue character, and I have accomplished.

I haven't felt this great since the early 90s, when it took me forever to beat the road to rhome in DW 2(hardest dungeon ever made, It's borderline impossible).

My Rogue, and agi characters are set, now I need to get a Deviling card, to put into that vit garment, whichis going to cost 800m, I already got the most valuable garment in the game, so atleast this will be easier then that(800m is far from being chunk change, but It's less then half the price of that garment I just bought, so It's going to feel so much easier to get).
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:59 pm

I take back what I said earlier, I'm rather envious of your life.

MiTT3NZ has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Raithos, south carmain
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Thief » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:50 pm

phpBB [video]

Thief has received a thanks from: Raithos
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming