What would you do if....

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

What would you do if....

Postby Ad.earns » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:50 am

What would you do if your brand new copy of shenmue 3 arrives, you insert the disc into your PS4 and it starts with you having to play through shenmue 1 and 2? I thought about this and it would be an awesome thing for them to have kept up their sleeve
Ad.earns
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Filthyskin
Steam: Dirtskin
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: What would you do if....

Postby GYO6161 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:45 am

I would gladly replay these 2 masterpieces in a row and enjoy the continuation. :D
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby SMDzero » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:59 am

What if you insert the Shenmue 3 disc and a video plays of Yu Suzuki waiving around $6.6 million and laughing at you?

SMDzero has received a thanks from: Mr357
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Ad.earns » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:15 am

SMDzero wrote: What if you insert the Shenmue 3 disc and a video plays of Yu Suzuki waiving around $6.6 million and laughing at you?

Haha probably won't be too far from the truth
Ad.earns

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:02 am

I'm sure there'd still be disgruntled people asking why they have to replay two games they already have on their Dreamcasts before they can access the new content. So it would need to be optional, at least. I say at least, because even then, those same people would ask why they couldn't just have the new content for a third of the price they paid...

By the way, I nearly ignored this thread as your username sounds like a spambot. I expected the rest of the sentence to be "...you made $45'000 working from home?"

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, The_Intruder
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby BlueMue » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:18 pm

I would play them, of course. If I don't have the choice, what else can I do?
The more interesting question is would you play them first if you have the choice?

If they are decent enough HD ports they are enjoyable on their own. It would be an intense feeling having to play a good couple of hours to get to Shenmue III. The suspense would be a killer at times and I would probably rush through various parts, even if it's worth to look around everything again.

So it would be a bad idea to force it on people since they won't be able to fully enjoy the games by taking their time. HD ports definatley need to come out at least a month before the release of Shenmue III
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Ad.earns » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:32 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: I'm sure there'd still be disgruntled people asking why they have to replay two games they already have on their Dreamcasts before they can access the new content. So it would need to be optional, at least. I say at least, because even then, those same people would ask why they couldn't just have the new content for a third of the price they paid...

By the way, I nearly ignored this thread as your username sounds like a spambot. I expected the rest of the sentence to be "...you made $45'000 working from home?"

Haha I didn't think that far ahead, i would have used my full name but that would be too formal for here so a shorter version will do. I was actually a member nearly 10 years ago at a guess, but the old username and password didn't work.

I guess the real question should have been would you replay the first 2 games if you already had the third ready to go? Personally I'd try to but then excitement would takeover
Ad.earns

Postby Rakim » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:58 pm

Hopefully it'll load up my completed Shenmue 1 & 2 HD collection save file and let me start right where I left off :D

If that doesn't happen then I wouldn't mind going through all the games in one stream. I haven't played the originals in a million years.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SMDzero » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:49 pm

What if, right after completing the Shenmue 1 and 2 segments of the game, the game crashed?????
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:19 am

And you look away from the screen to find YOU ARE ACTUALLY NOW IN A CAVE and there's no way out. This is what you get, fuckers! You thought you could tell the mighty SEGAAAAA what to do? Well who's been played now, bitches? Looks like no one's gonna hear the whining of the Shenmue fans anymore! Oh but don't worry - your names will live on in our guest book, sitting here at Sega HQ, newly renovated thanks to all of your generous donations. We might even use what's left to send flowers to your families. We're the good guys, after all...
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby SMDzero » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:38 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: I'm sure there'd still be disgruntled people asking why they have to replay two games they already have on their Dreamcasts before they can access the new content. So it would need to be optional, at least. I say at least, because even then, those same people would ask why they couldn't just have the new content for a third of the price they paid...

Is your name Ad.earns or Boo.urns?

SMDzero has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Jibby » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:33 am

SMDzero wrote: What if you insert the Shenmue 3 disc and a video plays of Yu Suzuki waiving around $6.6 million and laughing at you?

"Wow, Ryo got old and rich these past 14 years!"
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby oreh » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:44 am

I will put the disc in my dreamcast and it will work
oreh
Banned
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:07 pm

phpBB [video]

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Monkei
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby alexh86 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:59 pm

I seriously do wonder how the initial rollout will go. Sure, anyone who wants to buy it digitally through PSN or Steam will be fine but what if they botch the delivery of the rewards? What if shipping takes an absurdly long time? I have every faith in the game development team but based on the amateurish level of marketing and communication from Awesome Japan, I seriously wonder how many highly-publicized f-ups there will be at launch. At the end of the day, we're getting the game so I always go back to a place of gratitude, I just want it to go well for YS!
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86

Return to Shenmue III