How long have you been on this forum ?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: How long have you been on this forum ?

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:47 pm

You made quite the entrance! ;-)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:12 pm

Tried to find the "fuck you" PM from Keiya but I must have deleted it for space when we migrated. :lol:

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: That was the one! Fun times, though some of the characters that existed back then seem unbelievable now! :shock:

Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Monkei » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:46 pm

I don't even remember that. But yeah, I was acting like a raging teenage retard often enough and not really a part of what made this place so welcoming. Not proud of that period at all. I guess I was using the internet to vent personal frustrations or something. You'd think a forum like this would be a perfect place to make you see your own behaviour from the outside, but apparently I was blind to that and just couldn't help it. "Fuck you" PM, Jesus. I'm sorry. :oops:
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bambi » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:52 am

Monkei wrote:"Fuck you" PM, Jesus. I'm sorry. :oops:

That was only in the beginning, you calmed down quite early on. :lol:

Bambi has received a thanks from: Monkei
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby south carmain » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:30 am

Been 4 years now and during that time I've probably seen more drama here than in my real life. Still though I love it here and it's the only forum I would consider being an active member of.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby FlagshipFighter » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:01 am

Perhaps over a decade. At first I had another account I forgot the details for, then lurked until I made my current account. I used to visit this website and gametrailers forum back then often though, getting my expectations high for any shred of news... xD

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:01 pm

I'm almost certain I had an account before this one, but can't for the life of me remember the username. Judging by the utter embarrassment of my earliest posts on here, I don't think I want to know either :lol:
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:30 pm

13 years. Yikes..that long? A third of my life here...ugh..sad. I was part of SD,Shenmue Harbour,Hazuki Dojo,Ryo's Place,MKs forums,Scribes Light (bonus for the 2 people who remember that)the old icon boards when this place occasionally went down for a full month (anyone remember that?) and me and Dr porkchop,Sonikku and whiteShadow got into it with Jeff about the 2004 election and China. I been everywhere man. Honestly don't follow Shenmue forums anymore,Facebook is enough. Was looking at some Shenmue stuff since Giant Bomb is playing it and got led back here. heh. Was fun esp 2003-2008 my fave period when the optimism was still there and looks to be back.

I remember Bambi not letting mods ban people at HD for the first year or so and had 2 dudes taking advantage of that. Still HD was so chill and a atmosphere that very unique and I do miss it even if not a frequent poster of many forums anymore. Used to have that silly blue text. Was an silly idiot...probably still am but no longer a complete idiot just half of one. Everyone has changed since then,likely for the better but damn it was fun. Well there goes my 1 post a year quota that I seem to do even tho never plan it,just fall into it.

I still love Sonikku. Or is it Sonniku? If only someone were to correct me. Darn. Mitts now annoyed the cheeky cunt posted again. Sorry Mitts,please forgive me. I want to hug Peter. Peace out Pickledicks. ;-) Shenmue III yeah!

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: shengoro86, Sonikku
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Mr. Frozen » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:33 pm

Sonikku wrote: Hey I remember. You wanted to be a fighter pilot back then.

Yep! Life ended up going another way, but I still would like to be a pilot and will save up for pilot school someday. I ended up travelling the world so my lust for adventure was satisfied, at least. What ever happened to whiteShadow? I liked that guy.

Still waiting for Shenmue III.

Mr. Frozen has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, MiTT3NZ, Monkei
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Monkei » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:04 am

^ I've been wondering about wS, too.

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: That was the one! Fun times, though some of the characters that existed back then seem unbelievable now! :shock:

I remember Steel Angel Jeannette, don't really recall what he/she was like though.. but it was some kind of totally weird. Probably kinda like this amiga guy pretty recently. And Zhao, a guy posing as some sort of SEGA insider/official/spokesperson/something, always teasing secret Shenmue III info. He got so much hate for that. :lol:

Monkei has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BlueMue » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:40 am

8 years... It doesn't seem that long. It could be because I had barely any activity until mid 2013. Since then the Dojo is about a daily visit for me. But even before I registered, I visited the place quite often. I can think all the way back to 2003 too.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bambi » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:03 pm

Bluecast wrote:I remember Bambi not letting mods ban people at HD for the first year or so

I don't seem to recall this.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sonikku » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:11 am

Bluecast wrote:
Or is it Sonniku?

IT'S SONIKKU!!! :mad:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:20 pm

You really need to work on making your name less confusing, sonico, is that right? especially since you like to call everyone else out on the right spelling of it, sonicu, maybe thats it. So please address this issue and get back to us, 10+ years and we still have to go through this soniku THATS the one? Its a bit of a hassle for everyone else, just saying, sonic you, now im just trying what ever. Thanks in advance SONNNNNNIIKKKKKKu

;-) :lol:

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Sonikku
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Mr. Frozen » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:41 pm

His name isn't confusing at all for anyone who understands how to read Japanese. What is Sonic's name in Japanese? ソニック Translate that to romanji and you get sonikku. Get your shit together, guys.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic