Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Raithos » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:30 pm

Sonikku wrote:
Raithos wrote: The real news here though, is that recreational marijuana is now legal in CA, NV and MA!

Except not really. There is a federal ban on pot and though the Democrats chose not to enforce it, the GoP will. Basically the party of small government is taking over big government so they can tell your state government what to do. ;-)

I didn't say it was legal federally. But neither is medical marijuana. And this is not the first time a republican has been in office with a medical marijuana industry in full swing. They aren't going to enforce federal law any more or any less than they did when Bush was in office. It passed again on a state level which is huge. The list just keeps growing.

Its only a matter of time before its fully legal. The benefits far overweight the cons, especially when it comes to state and federal tax money being left on the table. Slowly but surely enough states will come around until its regulation and sale is handled at a federal level. Business analysts agree its something that can't be stopped.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Ziming » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:41 pm

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received 4 thanks from: AM2, Mr357, Sonne2, St. Elmo's Fire
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:46 am

shredingskin wrote:
ShenmueForeseen wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
redline wrote: Image

:lol: ...sorry

Yep, I bet many MANY "safe spaces" have been getting stood in, ALL day!

Yeah let's laugh at the misery of those who didn't want Trump to win.

USA USA USAU SAUAUSUASUSAUIS

Tears are also salty

I live in the UK, I find it pretty funny that I instantly get called a Hillary loving lefty just because I think it's egregious that Trump has been elected President.

Reminds me of football hooligans. Always side with one side so emphatically that if anybody disagrees they automatically get attacked for loving the other side. Incredible logic.
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Jibby » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:22 pm

I don't support Trump, but I respect democracy and I think it's vile that these kinds of attacks and protests are happening. You might not agree with the outcome, but if that's the choice that's been made in a democratic society, you need to respect that and make the most of it. It's the reason why I'm also against the idea of a 2nd Brexit referendum here in the UK despite being a very strong Remain supporter. You can't participate in democracy and then decide not to accept it if it doesn't favor you; that isn't how it works.

Jibby has received 5 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Mr357, Raithos, Sonne2, St. Elmo's Fire
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Thief » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:52 pm

Most people don't even know why they're angry or sad or happy. Voters are largely brainwashed by the ideas of others and don't know how to think critically for themselves. When I see someone bashing the other party indiscriminately, I just assume they're an idiot who are ready to believe anything that adhere's to their already-thought beliefs.

Thief has received 4 thanks from: punkmanced, Raithos, Rakim, Sonne2
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:19 pm

I don't know if even donal trump knows what to do right now.

But luckily they have some assesors.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Kenny » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:23 am

Pttth.

It was a razor thin close race and Clinton won the popular vote while Trump won the presidency cause of our Electoral College which is ironically supposed to keep him out. Protests were absolutely inevitable on both sides. Trump represented the "anti-establishment" sentiment people feel toward our country, which I don't blame them for. He was 100% a protest candidate meant to be the wrench thrown in the crooked well-oiled machine that is our political system. Clinton on the other hand was the irresponsible corporate shill destined to carry on the same slow moving platform by throwing a bone here and there while serving the interests of her corporate overlords.

Clinton was horrible but Trump is no better. I'm hoping he's as cowardly thin-skinned as he's proven to be and shown to be now, not even looking at Obama in the eye while shaking hands and looking generally miserable and surprised at the fact he got elected. I plan on fighting that POS if he enacts any policies that hurt our freedom of speech, our citizens, and the world at large. He does have a few good ideas though, even though the so-called "anti-establishment" candidate is getting inundated with lobbyists for corporations and rumored to be appointing the dumbest people on the right wing for his cabinet like Palin and Carson. LOL

I'll put up with four years of this retard just so we can easily elect a more qualified, progressive candidate like Tulsi Gabbard, Elizabeth Warren, or my boy Bernie Sanders (who is thinking of running again 2020).
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Sonikku » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:45 am

Kenny wrote: I'm hoping he's as cowardly thin-skinned as he's proven to be and shown to be now

I hope not. Or we're one Kim Jung Un shooting his mouth off at the Donald away from nuclear annihilation. :shock:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby shredingskin » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:34 am

In the best scenario he's not a warmonger like hillary (really, her story with military intervention is shady as fuck ), but trump is a coin toss in every subject.

BTW I think that the electoral system is good for a big country lika USA, it means that politicians don't just pander to a couple of big cities and give voice to the people outside. That's why is said to prevent an ochlocracy, not just a demagog like trump is (well, hillary flip flops as the winds change, so no less demagogy there).

CIvil disobedience is important to a society, but just protesting after an election is just anti-democratic.

But boy, the republicans certainly have some idiots and most of them will end up in the cabinet, that's worrying.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:59 am

That crushing moment when you realise that perfect brew you had was a complete accident and can never be recreated.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby ShenGCH » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:25 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: That crushing moment when you realise that perfect brew you had was a complete accident and can never be recreated.

How do you know you won't have another accident resulting in a cup of tea that tastes even better than the aforementioned?
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jibby » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:13 am

MiTT3NZ wrote:That crushing moment when you realise that perfect brew you had was a complete accident and can never be recreated.

I completely forgot that this was random thoughts and spent ages trying to figure out how this linked to the election lol.

But on topic, I've been there before and yeah, it's very disheartening :(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jibby has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Raithos
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:57 pm

ShenGCH wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: That crushing moment when you realise that perfect brew you had was a complete accident and can never be recreated.

How do you know you won't have another accident resulting in a cup of tea that tastes even better than the aforementioned?

Because life isn't that fair.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Jibby » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:32 pm

Weirdly enough, since moving back into uni last September, I've completely lost my ability to make good cups of coffee. At home I could make them with perfect coffee:milk:water ratios but now that I'm back in my flat I almost always mess up and make it taste like shit. I think the flat might be cursed by a coffee hating ghost or something.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shredingskin » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:53 pm

He gave his first interview as elected president to alex jones ?? lol
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist