Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:33 pm

shredingskin wrote: He gave his first interview as elected president to alex jones ?? lol

And Farage is gonna be the first UK guy to meet him after he won! :lol:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:49 pm

shredingskin wrote:CIvil disobedience is important to a society, but just protesting after an election is just anti-democratic.

I disagree.

The protests are there to show Trump that if he tries anything, we will come after him. It's to scare him to complacency by the will of the people. If everyone just accepted the verdict and stay at home, Trump would've happily continued his reign of terror thinking that's what everyone wants.

Remember, he's a man who loves to be adored. That was the whole basis for his campaign. I underestimated him but it turns out it may be a good thing after all.

And Sonniku, Obama was a major pushover too. Everything still remains to be seen. Trump might get pissed to the point of being reactionary but it's our responsibility to revolt when he does.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Axm
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Anonymous81 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:11 pm

Trump terrifies me, and I'm all for protesting his stated words, positions, cabinet picks, etc. I am against violent protest though, completely.

The lesson the left has to take from this election is that they failed to care about a large proportion of voters, for a long time, and that came back to bite them finally. Violent protest only reinforces in those voters' minds the hypocrisy of the left (whether you think it exists or not, that's what they see,) and Clinton coming out today and telling her donors (very telling that she talks to her donors, not the American people since her concession speech) that it was Comey's letter that caused her to lose, also reinforces that hypocrisy in people's minds.

Especially when she should be telling her supporters to remain peaceful in their opposition to Trump. (And so should Obama.)

The left should be learning some hard lessons right now and reconfiguring the DNC to reflect those lessons. One of those lessons has to be that they must care about and protect those people they abandoned for decades, even if they disagree with them. The other is that people want money out of politics. They are tired of people saying they will do that, and then cozying up to corporations throughout their administration (both parties do this.) That's why both Sanders and Trump resonated. That's why Obama resonated initially too, but it became clear that he was the same as time wore on.

If the left fails to learn these lessons, and just blames racism, sexism, Comey, etc. and also fails to repudiate hypocrisy and violence... they are doomed and we are going to have 8 years of Trump, and probably more Trumps after him. You cannot attack the perceived immorality of opponents while practicing hypocrisy and moral contradiction yourself. And I'm saying that as somebody who thinks Trump is scary as hell.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Kenny » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:31 pm

Clinton doesn't give a shit. She's as big of a narcissist as Trump is except she doesn't gloat about it like he does.

I'm glad her smug ass didn't get elected. Now it's about deconstructing the DNC so they don't try to nominate more corporatist gimps in 2020 like they're already trying to do with Tim Kaine.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:45 pm

if the "tries anything" ? lol Like what ? deporting illegals ? or "build a wall" ? (pretty much the only concrete things he fucking said).

The only good tool you have right now is media (and that's pretty important tool), because if you guys keep burning stuff and breaking cars, he'll may send police and the only thing separating it from lawful use of force and police oppression is the media (also how regular people will percieve it). And Donald may be the kind that tries to censor everything.

But then again you don't show anything more than anti-democratic/uncivil behavior (or pretty much that can't take an election). The moment to show you are against something is right before a thing starts, the more bullshit you do beforehand will dilute the message later, and change the public perception to be "a violent bunch". You (and the media) cried wolf too many times with trump, and that took the real issues to the backseat, don't do it again, because it'll happen again.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Mr357 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:02 am

Let me remind you that Barry Obama is still our president until January of next year. He has nothing to lose now and will do absolutely everything he can get away with. Pardons, executive orders, the works. All this fuss about Trump is just a distraction.

Mr357 has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:27 am

^I'm kinda concerned about that too, the "plans" of these elite types still have a few months to be fast tracked before Donald comes in.

I wonder if any of the current violent protesters are the same ones who were planted by Hillary's side to cause trouble at Donald Trump rallies?
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:45 pm

Peaceful protests should be allowed and are even useful in a democracy but breaking other people's stuff and burning other people's cars is never cool. It's kind of like little kids who turn all sulky when they don't get what they want and start breaking shit. Perhaps those people should have played more sports in school to learn how to lose in a dignified manner. Maybe they also didn't have a strict enough upbringing, I don't know, I'm just guessing. Anyway, sometimes the other team wins, that's life. Get the fuck over it.

My guess is also that most of those "protesters" aren't about politics at all anyway. They were just waiting for an excuse to go rampage.

Hyo Razuki has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, Raithos
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ziming » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:21 pm

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: Sonne2
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Kenny » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:28 pm

shredingskin wrote: if the "tries anything" ? lol Like what ? deporting illegals ? or "build a wall" ? (pretty much the only concrete things he fucking said).

Kenny wrote: any policies that hurt our freedom of speech, our citizens, and the world at large.

And instead of 9 million deportations, he's gonna try 3 millions which is how many Obama did in his six years in office. He deported more people in his term than Bush (or any other president according to some sources). Half of those people were criminals. So in actuality, he's just continuing Obama's legacy. Business as usual.

As for that big, glorious wall:

Asked in an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes" whether he would accept a fence instead of a wall, Trump said "for certain areas I would," according to excerpts.

"But certain areas, a wall is more appropriate. I'm very good at this, it's called construction, there could be some fencing," Trump said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-e ... SKBN1380MX

Trump's proving to be a big fucking pussy already, which is kind of a good thing but I'm not putting my guard down. The only real dangers so far are the morons he appointed in his cabinet during transition (which are largely establishment candidates, so much for 'draining the swamp') and policies that can affect climate change even more, which I will fight to push against along with many others who take science seriously.

shredingskin wrote: The only good tool you have right now is media (and that's pretty important tool), because if you guys keep burning stuff and breaking cars, he'll may send police and the only thing separating it from lawful use of force and police oppression is the media (also how regular people will percieve it). And Donald may be the kind that tries to censor everything.

You mean the same media that put Trump on a pedestal for shits and giggles, pushed Bernie down, and propped Clinton as hard as they could by putting out bogus biased polls saying that she would win? The media is mostly to blame for this stupid nonsense and have been for years.

Your best bet are alt news sites that deconstruct typical narratives and push out articles from journalists that are being buried by the likes of CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, ABC, CBS, and more. The internet is a more powerful tool now than ever before especially when it comes to looking up old archival footage.

shredingskin wrote:But then again you don't show anything more than anti-democratic/uncivil behavior (or pretty much that can't take an election). The moment to show you are against something is right before a thing starts, the more bullshit you do beforehand will dilute the message later, and change the public perception to be "a violent bunch". You (and the media) cried wolf too many times with trump, and that took the real issues to the backseat, don't do it again, because it'll happen again.

Riots are unwarranted. Protests are not. Clinton won the popular vote, which means a little more than half these people are terrified by what this man has said now that he's in the most powerful position in the world. If you expect people to just sit down and shut up after the verdict is called in one of the most divisive political campaigns in history, you're not clamoring for democracy. I would've expected Trumpers to protest if Clinton had won too. They will just be even worse when Trump decides to enact discriminatory policies or limit free speech for all (more than it already has), these protests are a warning for him to back off.

Trump cried wolf on himself too. If him chickening out continues, then Trumpers will realize they've been had by a con man. No different from any other politician. Which will be perfect because come next election, we will elect a true radical progressive into office in 2020. But I'm not gonna be subservient like the previous generations were in the last 30-40 years of politics.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:16 pm

I miss seeing random thoughts. Did that thread get deleted?

Raithos has received 2 thanks from: Anonymous81, Mr357
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonikku » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:25 pm

Trump's thoughts are as random as it gets, it seemed only appropriate to discuss him here. :-k

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby ys » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:32 pm

Raithos wrote:I miss seeing random thoughts. Did that thread get deleted?

You know, the complaining is unfair. This thread is tremendous. Let me tell you something, it's a YUGE improvement! One of the most beautiful threads you'll ever see.

Thief wrote: Most people don't even know why they're angry or sad or happy. Voters are largely brainwashed by the ideas of others and don't know how to think critically for themselves. When I see someone bashing the other party indiscriminately, I just assume they're an idiot who are ready to believe anything that adhere's to their already-thought beliefs.

Exactly. After the election almost everyone was freaking out on Facebook but I saw that they had no clue at all. Just repeating overly dramatic shit. Some envisioned concentration camps for immigrants, the government killing gay people etc. I said that it might be better to wait and see first and react when needed.

Then when the riots started they all cheered since "Trump is literally like Hitler". Some talked about the LGBTQ-protesters so I provided some facts about Trump supporting gay causes since decades ago, or defending transgender rights months ago,... They just got more upset and got angry at me. I said earlier that I thought both candidates had good points and flaws (one of Trump's more concerning to me is the climate question). But it didn't matter, just trying to stay factual automatically made me a supporter of the other side depending on their preference #-o

ys has received a thanks from: Mr357
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Raithos » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:27 am

Please take your cohesive thoughts out of here! This thread has become a YUGE disappointment!
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Raithos » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:35 pm

phpBB [video]

:lol: holy shit

Raithos has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"