Playstation Experience - December 2016

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Postby shredingskin » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:37 pm

I don't really care much about an HD port more than a good introduction for people that haven't played the games and helping boost SIII sales.

I'll probably buy them though.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:04 pm

Ports are good from a legacy perspective, at least. Dreamcasts and their disks won't be around forever, and there's no telling what'll happen with Dreamcast emulation in the future.

I think SEGA will announce the HD remasters on their own time, though. If they're at PSX too that'll be more brand synergy than I'd expect, SEGA have been pretty deliberately hands-off for ethical and business reasons with Shenmue III and I don't expect that to change.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:17 pm

I would like them to update after the PSX event. They could add the trailer showed at psx in full hd and some pics and info. I was dissapointed after the magic monaco because they didn't upload the trailer showed at there, so despite the effort of the fans who went there, recorded the trailer and uploaded to youtube, the video had so-so quality.

They could upload it to their Shenmue 3 youtube channel so that we can watch it over and over in 1080p :-)
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Sappharad » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:48 pm

They posted an update on the event with the rest of the details for attendees. It makes my planning slightly more complicated:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/ ... ete-guide/

1. Seating to the showcase at 10AM PST is limited and the line starts at midnight. I was planning to get in line around 7AM, I hope that's still an appropriate idea.
2. They're having autograph sessions, and 6 of them are unannounced. What if one of those is Yu Suzuki? Now I need to pack my copy of DC Shenmue 2, carry it with me, and somehow keep it safe during the event. (Or I just bring the cardboard outer sleeve, but then it could get crushed/bent.) I wasn't planning to bring a backpack, but now it seems like it might be a good idea.

It's not too relevant, but I thought I'd share the link nonetheless.

Sappharad has received a thanks from: Mr357
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby celsowm » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:50 pm

Man, interesting things are happening this month with Sega on Social Medias:

- Sega Europe remembered the Shenmue Anniversary
- Sega Japan remembered the Dreamcast Anniversary
- Sega Europe "liked" some tweets about Shenmue HD
- Sega US updated its Facebook's profile (and they are answering almost all questions there)

I know, I know, probably all this means nothing, but still very, very stranger...

celsowm has received 2 thanks from: GYO6161, Spaghetti
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:16 pm

2am I should get some sleep but the excitement has completely taken over. I can't stop refreshing the cache and feelng happy at seeing no changelogs.

Fuck this is actually the first I've been a sad twat, constantly refreshing something since the E3 topic pf 2004, and the Adam Doree topic back in 2005.

But I watched the old members gallery video earlier, and it was a stark reminder of how long we have been here, where we have came from, and what we have gone through to get here. We are on the cusp of something we have desired for almost 15 years. Fuck!!!

Peter has received 4 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Kiske, Rikitatsu, Spaghetti
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby SMDzero » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:54 pm

Oh boy oh boy I can't wait!

SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:14 am

Peter wrote: 2am I should get some sleep but the excitement has completely taken over. I can't stop refreshing the cache and feelng happy at seeing no changelogs.

The Slacker Backer total updated, so someone with back-end access has been using the site merely hours ago, and seeing how nothing has been touched in the directory...

Waiting for Saturday just got more agonising.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:56 am

Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Rikitatsu » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:04 am

All this hype

I CAN'T

Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:28 am

I don't know if it has been already said, but, apart from the streaming Peter is going to do, is the show going to be recorded? I'm afraid I won't be able to watch it in direct...

About the update, Do they ALWAYS make changes in the web days before the launch? Maybe tomorrow they update the web directly. Just saying.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Rikitatsu » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:38 am

Hazuki00 wrote: I don't know if it has been already said, but, apart from the streaming Peter is going to do, is the show going to be recorded? I'm afraid I won't be able to watch it in direct...

Yeah, it'll be recorded, don't worry...

Rikitatsu has received a thanks from: Hazuki00
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:27 am

Hazuki00 wrote:About the update, Do they ALWAYS make changes in the web days before the launch? Maybe tomorrow they update the web directly. Just saying.

Recently? Yes. It's not completely out of the ordinary for them to update about 6~ish hours before the update goes live, though. It'll be worth keeping an eye out once it gets to about 10AM in Japan on the 30th.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:39 am

For various reasons, perhaps we should forget about the updates and what not for now. At the end of the day, it's not really supposed to be public knowledge. There's no spoilers or anything in there, but it could appear like we are interfering in things we shouldn't.

We should just focus on the event itself at the weekend and not be concerned with updates and exploring websites to find them early.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Kiske » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:41 am

Spaghetti wrote:
Hazuki00 wrote:About the update, Do they ALWAYS make changes in the web days before the launch? Maybe tomorrow they update the web directly. Just saying.

Recently? Yes. It's not completely out of the ordinary for them to update about 6~ish hours before the update goes live, though. It'll be worth keeping an eye out once it gets to about 10AM in Japan on the 30th.

Maybe they know their nosy fans by now and have decided to post the update at the very last moment. :lol:
(actually, I'm trying everything to keep my hype under control)
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III