What TV series are you watching?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Postby ShenGCH » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:33 am

sand4fish wrote:
Monkei wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Black Mirror. S3 Ep3. Holy FUCK that is probably one of the darkest bits of TV I have ever watched, I could feel the tension just watching it!

I keep hearing that..! Gotta get into that series asap I guess.

Totally worth it. And the thing is you can start right off from Season 3 as each episode is a self contained story. I didn't even watch Season 1 and 2 yet tbh.

Series one, episode two, is possibly the greatest piece of television I've ever seen, but that might just be because the themes are very appealing to me anyway. "Shut Up and Dance" is my favourite episode of the entire programme, though. Absolutely fucking amazing stuff.

ShenGCH has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, St. Elmo's Fire
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby FRASIER v3 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:17 am

Highway Thru Hell on NETFLIX, love it.
FRASIER v3
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:04 pm

sand4fish wrote:
Monkei wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Black Mirror. S3 Ep3. Holy FUCK that is probably one of the darkest bits of TV I have ever watched, I could feel the tension just watching it!

Totally worth it. And the thing is you can start right off from Season 3 as each episode is a self contained story. I didn't even watch Season 1 and 2 yet tbh.

Yeah, I kinda started off on S3 by accident, since it went straight to S3 E1 on Netflix when I clicked it! (which was also pretty dark and bit scary in terms of how you could feasibly see something like that actually happening one day). Quickly found out what you did, that everything is stand-alone!

And S3 E3 has the same guy who plays Bronn in Game of Thrones in it! His rant when he

has to convince the teenager WHY he has to rob the bank, so uses an explicit and vulgar interpretation, perfectly in tune with the teenager's worst fears, to do so was also able to make me laugh out loud! :lol:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby b_ren » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Westworld! It has been keeping me way more entertained that the Walking Dead has that's for sure.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Monkei » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:13 am

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
sand4fish wrote:
Monkei wrote:

Yeah, I kinda started off on S3 by accident, since it went straight to S3 E1 on Netflix when I clicked it! (which was also pretty dark and bit scary in terms of how you could feasibly see something like that actually happening one day). Quickly found out what you did, that everything is stand-alone!

And S3 E3 has the same guy who plays Bronn in Game of Thrones in it! His rant when he

has to convince the teenager WHY he has to rob the bank, so uses an explicit and vulgar interpretation, perfectly in tune with the teenager's worst fears, to do so was also able to make me laugh out loud! :lol:

I watched the episode with friends last night. I was pretty stoned and kinda drunk and tired and all that though, so I probably could have gotten more out of it. I think those factors took away from the tension, which could still be felt though. Worst thing was it was dubbed in German, which always takes so much away from the acting. All in all it was still enjoyable. Definitely gonna rewatch it with the original voices though, if only to see Bronn's actual performance. Also definitely gonna watch more of Black Mirror!
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby marcrollins89 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:42 pm

I've been watching Ash vs Evil Dead with my wife. If you liked the Evil Dead movies then the show will definitely hit the spot for you. The humor is very much the same, but expanded on and more vulgar-- which for me is just perfection. Happily most of the special effects are don't practically, but there is a bit of CGI here and there. however as you get deeper and deeper into the episodes, and into season 2, and CGI seems to all but go away, being replaced with excellent practical effects.

Also watching the Galaxy Express anime series. Yeah, I'm an Oldtaku.
marcrollins89
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: marcmonkey89
Currently playing: Shenmue 2(xbox)

Postby Monkei » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:53 am

ShenGCH wrote:
sand4fish wrote:
Monkei wrote:

Series one, episode two, is possibly the greatest piece of television I've ever seen, but that might just be because the themes are very appealing to me anyway. "Shut Up and Dance" is my favourite episode of the entire programme, though. Absolutely fucking amazing stuff.

Season 1 episode 2 fucking hurts man.
That rant. And how they simply make truth, the antithesis to that whole nasty system, a part of said system by turning it into another sellable product. Haunting stuff and sadly an accurate mirror for us.

Black Mirror = :heart:

Monkei has received a thanks from: ShenGCH
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kiske » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:42 am

Catching up with Black Mirror. (Episode 6 season 3)
Love it.

San Junipero is my favourite one. Beautiful episode :heart:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby b_ren » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:03 am

Kiske wrote: Catching up with Black Mirror. (Episode 6 season 3)
Love it.

San Junipero is my favourite one. Beautiful episode :heart:

That episode was awesome.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby sand4fish » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:49 pm

I guess Black Mirror really became the new favorite TV show of the Dojo community.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: ShenGCH
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenGCH » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:56 am

Monkei wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:
sand4fish wrote:
Monkei wrote:

Season 1 episode 2 fucking hurts man.
That rant. And how they simply make truth, the antithesis to that whole nasty system, a part of said system by turning it into another sellable product. Haunting stuff and sadly an accurate mirror for us.

Black Mirror = :heart:

Well said. It's the equivalent of being able to buy tartan bondage trousers - a piece of fashion that originated during the punk movement of the 1970s, acting as a symbol of rebellion and anti-fashion - from Hot Topic or somewhere equally as sterile and phony. The episode is like a modern incarnation of Ninteen Eighty-Four and feels even scarier than the aforementioned because the things we see in the episode are pretty much in their prototype stages in real life.

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: Monkei
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:12 am

After the drama I watched a couple of episodes of million dollar extreme

That was... something... It's not what I would consider funny, nor extremely creative, but there's something compelling in there. There's some weird vibe that I dig. Reminds me a little of monkey dust for some reason.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby redline » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:11 am

just finished the last episode of s02 of "Ash vs Evil Dead".

both seasons were great. IMO they could of made a movie but its cool that they made a TV series.

-- also walking dead mid season end was ok. with that show, i hope they make it a bit more exciting next season.. what works well in the comics seems a bit boring on tv.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bambi » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:05 pm

I'm glad the Walking Dead is taking a break, watching it every week was starting to feel like a chore. Honestly I think I'll stick with it until the end but this last season has been the most disappointing since 2 and a lot of 3.

Westworld on the other hand is one of the best things I've watched in ages, I have already watched the finale a second time but I'm determined to re-watch it all as I know there is plenty of foreshadowing and easter eggs I missed out on first time around.

The Netflix original 3% was pretty good, I finished it up the other day after binge watching all of Black Mirror which I'd previously only watched one episode of.

Bambi has received a thanks from: Monkei
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:04 pm

Wow the first chapter of Sherlock was pretty bad for the show's standard.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic