Random Shenmue Thoughts

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Postby ShenGCH » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:01 am

SMDzero wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:
SMDzero wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Shenmue streamed for a children's hospital charity, live tonight at 10pm ET.

Children's hospital charity?

Why can't they donate the $$ to the Paypal instead?

Tell that to the parents of one of the children in that hospital and see what reaction you get.

But if more $$ goes directly into Shenmue 3 then the greater it will sell allowing the global economy to be stimulated.

Since combating childhood illnesses is a global effort then surely funding Shenmue 3 is the best way to do this.

The very premise of the stream was that of raising money for the Children's Miracle Network, and nothing to do with Shenmue III, which is exactly what happened. I see no issue with this.

That, and do you honestly think $1945 will make any difference to the global economy, let alone the development of Shenmue III which is sure to see a pretty big boost in slacker backer donations following PSX should the game make an appearance?
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby SMDzero » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:07 am

ShenGCH wrote:
SMDzero wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:
SMDzero wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Shenmue streamed for a children's hospital charity, live tonight at 10pm ET.

Tell that to the parents of one of the children in that hospital and see what reaction you get.

But if more $$ goes directly into Shenmue 3 then the greater it will sell allowing the global economy to be stimulated.

Since combating childhood illnesses is a global effort then surely funding Shenmue 3 is the best way to do this.

The very premise of the stream was that of raising money for the Children's Miracle Network, and nothing to do with Shenmue III, which is exactly what happened. I see no issue with this.

That, and do you honestly think $1945 will make any difference to the global economy, let alone the development of Shenmue III which is sure to see a pretty big boost in slacker backer donations following PSX should the game make an appearance?

Well how would you feel if YsNet suddenly decided to donate the 6.6 million toward medical research to cure diseases instead of making Shenmue 3?

If you have a problem with that then tell those parents that your video game is more important than curing their diseases. :king:
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenGCH » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:07 am

SMDzero wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:
SMDzero wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:
SMDzero wrote:

Well how would you feel if YsNet suddenly decided to donate the 6.6 million toward medical research to cure diseases instead of making Shenmue 3?

If you have a problem with that then tell those parents that your video game is more important than curing their diseases. :king:

Much like the $1945 raised for the Children's Miracle Network, the $6.6 million raised for Shenmue III is for a specific purpose, both of which are going towards those specific purposes as we speak.

You're backtracking and proposing silly conjecture again, just like you did during our little Red Dead Redemption 2 spat :lol:
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SMDzero » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:13 am

ShenGCH wrote:
SMDzero wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:
SMDzero wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:
SMDzero wrote:

Much like the $1945 raised for the Children's Miracle Network, the $6.6 million raised for Shenmue III is for a specific purpose, both of which are going towards those specific purposes as we speak.

You're backtracking and proposing silly conjecture again, just like you did during our little Red Dead Redemption 2 spat :lol:

Seriously though.... why should $6.6 million go toward a video game when the money could be used for disease research to cure children?

If Yu Suzuki decided to abandon Shenmue 3 and donate all the money to Children Miracle Network could anyone argue against that from a moral standpoint?
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenGCH » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:27 am

SMDzero wrote:Seriously though.... why should $6.6 million go toward a video game when the money could be used for disease research to cure children?

If Yu Suzuki decided to abandon Shenmue 3 and donate all the money to Children Miracle Network could anyone argue against that from a moral standpoint?

You're the one who stated that the money raised for a children's hospital charity should go towards the development of Shenmue III instead of its intended purpose, and now you're flipping that on its head and saying it should go the other way. You're contradicting yourself, dude.

Why should $6.6 million go towards funding the development of a video game? Because that's what people paid for. If the team suddenly decided to donate each and every penny to something other than what they promised, and what people paid for, that's fraud. It's the equivalent of ordering something in a restaurant, paying for it before receiving it, and the head chef redirecting your order to a homeless person on the street without your permission. So yes, it can be argued from a moral standpoint.

You really haven't thought this through, have you?
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mr357 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:29 am

Jeez, get a room.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenGCH » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:35 am

Mr357 wrote: Jeez, get a room.

Can we use yours? [-o<
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SMDzero » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:59 am

ShenGCH wrote:
SMDzero wrote:Seriously though.... why should $6.6 million go toward a video game when the money could be used for disease research to cure children?

You're the one who stated that the money raised for a children's hospital charity should go towards the development of Shenmue III instead of its intended purpose, and now you're flipping that on its head and saying it should go the other way. You're contradicting yourself, dude.

Why should $6.6 million go towards funding the development of a video game? Because that's what people paid for. If the team suddenly decided to donate each and every penny to something other than what they promised, and what people paid for, that's fraud. It's the equivalent of ordering something in a restaurant, paying for it before receiving it, and the head chef redirecting your order to a homeless person on the street without your permission. So yes, it can be argued from a moral standpoint.

Your restaurant analogy is a poor one. If the chef redirected your order to a homeless person then YOU are the one who potentially goes hungry.. it's a zero sum game.

The debate over funds originally allocated for Shenmue 3 being redirected to Children's Miracle Network is literally your selfish want of a video game vs the lives of countless innocent children.

Could you seriously tell the parents of terminal kids who might otherwise be cured but for lack of research funds "sorry.. YsNet promised that this money would go to Shenmue 3 so to direct it toward finding a cure for your kids is technically fraud. I want to play Shenmue 3 and my want of this game supersedes the welfare of your poor sick children!"
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:17 am

ShenGCH, just ignore SMDzero. It's his usual trolling routine that he's been wasting the forum's time with since the day he registered.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby ShenGCH » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:18 am

SMDzero wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:

Your restaurant analogy is a poor one. If the chef redirected your order to a homeless person then YOU are the one who potentially goes hungry.. it's a zero sum game.

The debate over funds originally allocated for Shenmue 3 being redirected to Children's Miracle Network is literally your selfish want of a video game vs the lives of countless innocent children.

Could you seriously tell the parents of terminal kids who might otherwise be cured but for lack of research funds "sorry.. YsNet promised that this money would go to Shenmue 3 so to direct it toward finding a cure for your kids is technically fraud. I want to play Shenmue 3 and my want of this game supersedes the welfare of your poor sick children!"

You literally stated in this post the money raised by the person who streamed Shenmue should go to the slacker backer campaign instead of the charity. Unless I completely misunderstood your post, you appeared to be stating the money that could potentially help the charity instead go towards funding a video game, which is what you are criticising me for apparently saying, even though I never said any such thing in the first place, and it was you who said this.

You're also implying some kind of obligation on the side of the $6.6 million to go to the charity. Where did this even come from? Why not blame pretty much every corporation, mogul, oil baron, or even single person with lots of money for not donating tonnes to charity while you're at it?

If you're trolling, you got me good.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SMDzero » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:26 am

ShenGCH wrote:
SMDzero wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:

You literally stated in this post the money raised by the person who streamed Shenmue should go to the slacker backer campaign instead of the charity. Unless I completely misunderstood your post, you appeared to be stating the money that could potentially help the charity instead go towards funding a video game, which is what you are criticising me for apparently saying, even though I never said any such thing in the first place, and it was you who said this.

You're also implying some kind of obligation on the side of the $6.6 million to go to the charity. Where did this even come from? Why not blame pretty much every corporation, mogul, oil baron, or even single person with lots of money for not donating tonnes to charity while you're at it?

If you're trolling, you got me good.

Well I originally thought that the live stream money should go to Shenmue 3 development instead of the charity cos I really want Shenmue 3

THEN your reply made me realize that.. heck.. the charity is way more important than Shenmue 3.

Then I got to thinking that it is actually a moral failure to not donate all the Kickstarter funds to charity when you really think about it...
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:37 am

Seriously, cut it out.

You want to go on depth on morality of the human race then find a relevant Internet forum to do so. Your trolling is pish at best and I'm surprised someone took the bait. Either way, it ends now, otherwise it's a 30 day timeout.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby japalp » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:44 am

Shenmue made number 2 on list of Top 10 Insanely Ambitious Video Games.

(Shenmue starts just before 8 minute mark of video)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/top-10-insanely-ambitious-games/vi-AAkRBRu?ocid=spartandhp
japalp
Dojo Actuary
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Breath of the Wild

Postby SMDzero » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:35 am

Peter wrote: Seriously, cut it out.

You want to go on depth on morality of the human race then find a relevant Internet forum to do so. Your trolling is pish at best and I'm surprised someone took the bait. Either way, it ends now, otherwise it's a 30 day timeout.

Look I understand.. it's just that the title of the thread says Random Shenmue Thoughts so every 'random thought' I had I tried to post in here.

I certainly wouldn't clutter the board with random topics and I really wasn't trying to troll even in this thread.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby johnvivant » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:55 pm

phpBB [video]

this video seems to have low views, so maybe people aren't finding it.

johnvivant has received 6 thanks from: AM2, Kiske, Let's Get Sweaty, Mr357, Switch, Yokosuka
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue