Politics

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Politics

Postby Ziming » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:39 pm

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: Monkei
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Monkei » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:05 am

Mr. Frozen wrote:I love that Trump has made good on his campaign promises so fast, which is something I haven't seen any politician do in my lifetime.

Except for those tax releases eh? :p And did you watch the swamp filling video above?

How do you Trump guys feel about the constant lying that's been going on? I mean that's happening all the time and everywhere of course, but rarely as obvious/childish/ridiculous as here. Alternate facts? :lol: Kind of a dictatorship style, ain't it. A clown parade is ruling your country now and makes the US look dumber than under Bush. You guys once again (and more than ever before) look like idiots to the rest of the world (your president very clearly is one and makes a fool out of himself everytime he opens his mouth or fucking tweets like an 8-year-old).. does that affect you at all? The fact that we live in a world where this is the lesser of two evils, where this is the better choice (I'm glad Hilary didn't win, that fucking evil cunt) makes me feel frustrated as hell. As you can probably tell.

Monkei has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:37 pm

Monkei wrote: The fact that we live in a world where this is the lesser of two evils, where this is the better choice (I'm glad Hilary didn't win, that fucking evil cunt) makes me feel frustrated as hell. As you can probably tell.

Yep, agreed. Amazing that the most advanced country on the planet had two such shit options to vote for! I bet the DNC are kicking themselves that they didn't choose Bernie instead, he was probably "more of the same" sort of politics, but was a lot more likeable and trustworthy than Clinton and Trump.

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Sonikku
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Pretty interesting stuff about project phoenix.

BTW, people should stop believing the bullshit about "most advanced country" about USA, maybe that's why they tend to act so stupidly. Try travelling the world, the only thing that USA has a (very) big margin is on military (and cultural colonization).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby south carmain » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:30 pm

shredingskin wrote: Pretty interesting stuff about project phoenix.

BTW, people should stop believing the bullshit about "most advanced country" about USA, maybe that's why they tend to act so stupidly. Try travelling the world, the only thing that USA has a (very) big margin is on military (and cultural colonization).

Higher education and scientific contributions too although I guess it could be argued that that's only in total numbers and not per capita
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby shredingskin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Grab a random guy from Austria to see how educated are in USA.

Chinese guys spend around 10 hours in school in their last years, put him against any highschool/bachelor degree from USA and just laugh and them your ass, they're coming man.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:58 pm

shredingskin wrote: Grab a random guy from Austria to see how educated are in USA.

Chinese guys spend around 10 hours in school in their last years, put him against any highschool/bachelor degree from USA and just laugh and them your ass, they're coming man.

I was talkin g in terms of universities, That Chinese guy probably went to an American university lol
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby shredingskin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:05 pm

south carmain wrote:
shredingskin wrote: Grab a random guy from Austria to see how educated are in USA.

I was talkin g in terms of universities, That Chinese guy probably went to an American university lol

Because "he" was not smart enough to enter in the chinese higher education.

They're on another shift, sadly for the rest of the world (and quite sad for them, because many don't have much of a future there).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:10 pm

shredingskin wrote:
south carmain wrote:

Because "he" was not smart enough to enter in the chinese higher education.

They're on another shift, sadly for the rest of the world (and quite sad for them, because many don't have much of a future there).

eh ok then.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Himuro » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:09 pm

Betsy DeVos. Whyyyyy.

Himuro has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Sonikku
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:21 pm

Well they do have the most advanced stuff, like you said their military is on another planet, plus they're big on science and computers. Plus of course, the NSA. I don't disagree about the other stuff you said...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:42 pm

shredingskin hates America. Mods plz ban him.

#MakeShenmueDojoGreatAgain
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Ziming » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:57 am

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: InsanityIsCrazy
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby InsanityIsCrazy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:20 pm

Jeff wrote: I'm proud to say that I worked on the Trump campaign in his building early in the campaign. Apart of the early rag tag team that was told it couldn't be done. You're welcome! :D

Dude, where can I get some Trump Vodka? I need it. For research.

Himuro wrote: Curious why those of Shenmue Dojo who support Trump. Whether you voted for him or you're not American and still support his policies, I'm curious why you support him. Are you worried about anything in particular regarding his administration? What are you looking forward to? How would you rate their first few weeks in office?

Not a judgement at all but curious to know and hoping we can come to some kind of understanding.

Big boy post incoming:

The Democratic party pissed on their voting base without even the courtesy of calling it rain. They held a farce of a democratic process consisting of some light-weights, an actual communist, and Hillary Clinton (it was her turn, you know?). They somehow thought the DNC tipping the scales for Their Woman wouldn't be seen as snubbing the youth vote. They ran on a platform of inclusion and "listen and believe" while shunning the be-labeled "Bernie Bros" and bragging about putting Bill Clinton in charge of the economy.

And they thought these were all positive things!

Not to mention the media's almost willing eagerness to play down the party's problems with email security, classified intelligence, and arguments as to which Trump supporter should be beaten to death first ("deplorables" was Hillary's "47%" comment and they still won't admit it). Democrats wonder why they have such a messaging problem? Health insurance premiums skyrocketed and Obama devoted actual television time to discuss transgender bathrooms. Hillary's official website seriously discussed the mind-blowing ramifications of a cartoon frog. How the hell did they expect that to play for anybody outside their bubble? Were they trying to blow this thing?! Considering their "pied piper" strategy, I guess it was all a part of the plan.

AND WHO IN THE GOD-DAMN GAVE ANTHONY WEINER A CELL PHONE!?!

Sigh. Democrats let me down this cycle. Profoundly. They're being cannibalized by the tumblr sensationalism of white privilege, man-splainy lunacy. Not that I don't understand those ideas! I do! But bloviating about how shitty white people are is how they got their asses handed to them! And it doesn't seem like they've learned that lesson yet.

The media is absolutely part of the problem, too. In their own special way, they brought this hatred on themselves, by ignoring their professional roots and clinging to context-free sensationalism, using garbage social media as primary sources, and, oh yeah, propping up Donny as a joke candidate until he wasn't. All part of the plan, right?

Since I'm already insane, I knew Trump had a pretty decent chance back in September of 2015. That primary, to me, was the most democratic process I'd seen in years, even if the result was absolute madness. I had to admit, watching real-estate talky WWE hall-of-famer man utterly destroy the Bush and Clinton dynasties through bantz was magical. He, at least to me, was a protest vote that mattered more than any third party, and I'm willing to bet a decent chunk of independents felt the same way. Since I now own a piece of his victory, it's gonna be my job to follow how this all shakes out in the coming years, as I think a pretty decent chunk of democrats simply fell asleep after electing / re-electing Obama and stopped caring about some of the shady shit coming from his administration. There's potential for real atrocities in this administration, no mistaking it, but I'm wrestling against my left-of-center moral compass and trying not to blanket-condemn every thing he's done so far. Yes, even Devos, and even the travel ban, which is working its way through the courts.

What's happening now is a venting phase for Democrats. It's worrying to me, as their history of political violence is pretty well documented starting in the late 60s / 70s. David Hines had a decent tweet-storm about it and the coming phases here. They started believing the "Trump is Hitler" talk to the point that "punching Nazis" is gonna generate all the wrong problems, but honestly? I feel like the Ds and Rs have become so polarized to each other that, if not this cycle, it'd happen next cycle. So I guess this is where we are now.

The ride never ends.

InsanityIsCrazy has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
InsanityIsCrazy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: InsanityIsCrazy
Currently playing: Some Gizmo

Postby beedle » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:30 pm

Jeff wrote: I'm proud to say that I worked on the Trump campaign in his building early in the campaign. Apart of the early rag tag team that was told it couldn't be done. You're welcome! :D

Of course you did.

beedle has received a thanks from: Rakim
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic