Kiske has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Postby Shezmue » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:16 am

The Shenmue series changed my life for the better, it is a videogame series that made me realise the importance of things in life, the small little things shown in the story of Ryo and his quest for vengeance is very emotional and an experience that can never be forgotten. I am only 17 years old and I will be telling you why I love Shenmue.

In 2012 after being convinced all the time throughout my life to play Shenmue 1 and 2 (which I was very keen on doing) by my elder brother that played them both at release, I finally play my brother's copy of the original Shenmue for Sega Dreamcast for the first time, I was only 13 years old at the time. I began the game as I see Iwao get killed by Lan Di and then make my way through the game experiencing a chilling and heartwarming journey through Dobuita and into the Yokosuka Harbor. Meeting many of Ryo's beloved friends as well as new people that hurt (such as the skinheaded Chai) and help on the way. Finally after beating all the thugs called the Mad Angels, they help us find out about Lan Di and his departure. Seeing Ryo leave Japan and board on the boat I was ready to continue the story through action packed Shenmue 2 and I could already feel the energy and bravery within Ryo himself.

Shenmue 2 begins and I am impressed with the very intense and epic boat intro, the music, angles and visual detail was incredibly welcoming and exhilarating. Yet to this day I would say that Shenmue 2 has the greatest opening intro to a sequel ever! I was immediately immersed in the huge new open world in Hong Kong getting robbed and eventually finding the guest house to sleep in. I felt as an actual stranger in a new town full of danger and people I do not know exactly like how Ryo would feel. I made my way through Hong Kong and then eventually to Kowloon then finally meeting Shenhua at Guilin until the stone pit where the game finally ends, I get chills and was ready for Shenmue 3...

Until E3 2015 It was finally announced! I waited 2 years but my brother had waited ever since such as most fans. Me and my brother are absolutely delighted to continue the story thanks to the one and only Yu Suzuki for making this all possible with his masterful vision.

I cannot wait for Shenmue 3!!! I know it will exceed expectations and be one of the greatest games of all time just like Shenmue 1 and 2, we have to give them time and it will be possible I truly believe so.

Shezmue
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby celsowm » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:38 pm

Sega (US & UK) remembered Shenmue once again:
https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/ ... 8019946496
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ShenGCH » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:39 am

This one looks considerably better than their original design. I'd never wear it myself, but good job either way :)
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Himuro » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:45 pm

I prefer the older one but that's out of stock already. :lol:
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Jibby » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:54 pm

Kiske wrote: Congrats Jibby!

Romain Mahut, (the journalist and Shenmue fan working for Gameblog.fr) made a blog article (April 3rd) featuring your "Tomato Convenience Store" Commercial.

http://www.gameblog.fr/blogs/romain/p_1 ... tomato-kon

Oh wow, I just saw this!
Very cool :D
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sandsoles16 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Shezmue wrote: The Shenmue series changed my life for the better, it is a videogame series that made me realise the importance of things in life, the small little things shown in the story of Ryo and his quest for vengeance is very emotional and an experience that can never be forgotten. I am only 17 years old and I will be telling you why I love Shenmue.

In 2012 after being convinced all the time throughout my life to play Shenmue 1 and 2 (which I was very keen on doing) by my elder brother that played them both at release, I finally play my brother's copy of the original Shenmue for Sega Dreamcast for the first time, I was only 13 years old at the time. I began the game as I see Iwao get killed by Lan Di and then make my way through the game experiencing a chilling and heartwarming journey through Dobuita and into the Yokosuka Harbor. Meeting many of Ryo's beloved friends as well as new people that hurt (such as the skinheaded Chai) and help on the way. Finally after beating all the thugs called the Mad Angels, they help us find out about Lan Di and his departure. Seeing Ryo leave Japan and board on the boat I was ready to continue the story through action packed Shenmue 2 and I could already feel the energy and bravery within Ryo himself.

Shenmue 2 begins and I am impressed with the very intense and epic boat intro, the music, angles and visual detail was incredibly welcoming and exhilarating. Yet to this day I would say that Shenmue 2 has the greatest opening intro to a sequel ever! I was immediately immersed in the huge new open world in Hong Kong getting robbed and eventually finding the guest house to sleep in. I felt as an actual stranger in a new town full of danger and people I do not know exactly like how Ryo would feel. I made my way through Hong Kong and then eventually to Kowloon then finally meeting Shenhua at Guilin until the stone pit where the game finally ends, I get chills and was ready for Shenmue 3...

Until E3 2015 It was finally announced! I waited 2 years but my brother had waited ever since such as most fans. Me and my brother are absolutely delighted to continue the story thanks to the one and only Yu Suzuki for making this all possible with his masterful vision.

I cannot wait for Shenmue 3!!! I know it will exceed expectations and be one of the greatest games of all time just like Shenmue 1 and 2, we have to give them time and it will be possible I truly believe so.

Nice to see another new Shenmue fan in the Dojo! (I'm new myself :lol: ) Also, we both live in the UK. :shock:
sandsoles16
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Steam: sandsoles16
Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Postby Amir » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:20 am

Forgot that that History of Shenmue book got a French translation! Has anyone hear read the Spanish or French versions? Is it worth buying?
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Kiske » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:35 am

Amir wrote: Forgot that that History of Shenmue book got a French translation! Has anyone hear read the Spanish or French versions? Is it worth buying?

I've read the french version. Definitely worth the price. :)

Kiske has received a thanks from: Amir
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Amir » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:40 am

Thanks, Kiske, Did you get any more insight into the history of Shenmue from it?

If I get it I'll probably get the regular edition and then get the limited edition of the Histoire de la Dreamcast book as that comes with an Art of Dreamcast book that you can't get separately.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Kiske » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:53 am

Amir wrote: Thanks, Kiske, Did you get any more insight into the history of Shenmue from it?

If I get it I'll probably get the regular edition and then get the limited edition of the Histoire de la Dreamcast book as that comes with an Art of Dreamcast book that you can't get separately.

There are no "scoops" if I remember well, but the book explains very well the genesis of Shenmue, Yu Suzuki's work and the SEGA/Dreamcast situation back then. There's also an interview with Yu Suzuki (in the french edition at least).
The last part of the book (as you can see in the picture above) is filled with photos from Yokosuka.

Kiske has received a thanks from: Amir
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby celsowm » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:37 am

Maybe Shenmue the next one?

https://www.engadget.com/2017/04/11/bay ... to-the-pc/

update : http://nichegamer.com/2017/04/11/sega-h ... bayonetta/

they have plans to “explore PC port option

celsowm has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
celsowm

PSN: celsowmbr

Postby SMDzero » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:45 am

How come when you pause the game when an NPC is talking the speech doesn't pause and continues until the end of the sentence?

Thoughts?
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Mr357 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:04 pm

SMDzero wrote: How come when you pause the game when an NPC is talking the speech doesn't pause and continues until the end of the sentence?

Thoughts?

That's just a technical limitation of older games. The original Deus Ex does the same thing if you pause during an "infolink" transmission.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SMDzero » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:31 pm

Mr357 wrote:
SMDzero wrote: How come when you pause the game when an NPC is talking the speech doesn't pause and continues until the end of the sentence?

Thoughts?

That's just a technical limitation of older games. The original Deus Ex does the same thing if you pause during an "infolink" transmission.

Will this be fixed in Shenmue 3?

Is there a certain stretch goal we need to hit??????? [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue