Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby shredingskin » Mon May 08, 2017 4:20 pm

You have to keep going with the silver case, it's a pretty good game.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue May 09, 2017 12:44 pm

Just spent the last five minutes in shock over the revelation that Peter doesn't drink.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Coromasta » Tue May 09, 2017 2:46 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Just spent the last five minutes in shock over the revelation that Peter doesn't drink.

But he does?

I saw him drink a corona like beverage at his stream. He even said that it was great in the evening after a day of workin'. At least thats what I recall.
Coromasta
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta

Postby Raithos » Tue May 09, 2017 3:00 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Just spent the last five minutes in shock over the revelation that Peter doesn't drink.

He does. Hes mentioned a few times of trying to cut back for various reasons though. But I think the "Firstly sonny Jim, I don't drink" was just to mess with the store clerk lol. Makes the story better anyway.

Raithos has received 2 thanks from: Coromasta, Mr357
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed May 10, 2017 8:22 am

Well he's certainly no Rhod Gilbert.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Raithos » Wed May 10, 2017 12:50 pm

Raithos has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Sat May 13, 2017 12:39 am

Apparently Syberia 3 is quite a dissapointment :(

http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/32752
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Sun May 14, 2017 3:25 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Well he's certainly no Rhod Gilbert.

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Bluecast » Mon May 15, 2017 1:15 am

It's early yet and not finished Persona 5/Gravity Rush 2 yet but Nier Automata & Yakuza 0 are my fave games this year thus far. I would put Astebreed & Soldner X-2 Final Prototype in there but they only got physical releases this year but are 2+ years old. PS4 is just a monster of a system. Easily one of my fave systems in recent years and so much more to go this year. Wonder Boy & The Dragon's Trap on disc,Night Trap disc,Ys Origins disc,Wipeout HD collection,Tokyo Xanadu,Ni No Kuni II,Ys VIII,FF12 HD,Yakuza Kiwami,possibly Shenmue III and more. I have played Valkyria Revolution..*sigh* sadly it's awful. I love VC and thought a spinoff ARPG would be great. It's just horrid. :sad:

I can wait on Switch tho there is a few games I do want. Some only announced and not out yet.
Xbox One there is a few but only 1 game that is truly compelling for me in Raiden V. Raiden V is just not enough to get a system for tho when I have enough shmups on 360 and PS4 to be happy.
Last edited by Bluecast on Mon May 15, 2017 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby shredingskin » Mon May 15, 2017 1:37 am

I really do want to play Nier Automata, but it has been in my backlog for so looong but the gameplay is meh, and that thing about replaying just gives me lazyness thinking about it.

I'm reeeally hoping I don't end up just watching a x4 speed walkthrough, but that's probably what's going to happen.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Mon May 15, 2017 2:46 am

shredingskin wrote: I really do want to play Nier Automata, but it has been in my backlog for so looong but the gameplay is meh, and that thing about replaying just gives me lazyness thinking about it.

I'm reeeally hoping I don't end up just watching a x4 speed walkthrough, but that's probably what's going to happen.

Gameplay is pretty great. It's Platinum, just not over the top platinum but the combat is damn smooth. First game as much as I do love it lacked in many ways. Nier Automata after ending A you play as 9S and while it's the same missions as 2B,9S can hack enemies plus opening new chests and access to a secret boss fight with someone we know. After ending B you play as A2 with totally different missions and a amazing final stage sequence with 9S and A2. From there you can choose what to do at your own will. Unlike the first game where you had to play that second half a few times..you only repeat the main missions once and TBH the second time it's easier as you can get it done rather fast.

I need to get the DLC when I am in the mood to play it again. Oh and 2B free costume in Gravity Rush 2 is kinda cool.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Raithos » Mon May 15, 2017 6:18 pm

Well that's surprising. The Phantom Dust re-master is out tomorrow for Xbone and PC.... and its free. If the free part was already announced I must have missed it.

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/stat ... 1383684096

Raithos has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby sand4fish » Mon May 15, 2017 6:56 pm

shredingskin wrote: I really do want to play Nier Automata, but it has been in my backlog for so looong but the gameplay is meh, and that thing about replaying just gives me lazyness thinking about it.

I'm playing it right now (still about a quarter of the game completed so far), and though I'm not really fond of the JRPG elements the gameplay is no way meh (unless you have been playing it on easy or normal). Your character has more moves and skills in her arsenal than Raiden and Bayonetta, probably even combined. There are probably stuff most players didn't even know she could do. The skill management system and how her abilities are put to use in the exploration aspect of the game alone makes Automata shine above your average JRPG or "open world" game.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby FlagshipFighter » Mon May 15, 2017 7:41 pm

Raithos wrote:Well that's surprising. The Phantom Dust re-master is out tomorrow for Xbone and PC.... and its free. If the free part was already announced I must have missed it.

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/stat ... 1383684096

Dood you made my day, I found out about this news from you lol. Some faith from xbox restored after scalebound. A part of me does wonder why they didn't wait to shadow-drop it at E3 (any guesses?). It's probably a good thing or a sign of confidence for what's to come, the fact that they didn't need to do that.

This is (hopefully) a good sign and I hope E3 turns out well for them because there isn't a single exclusive I was looking forward to outside of scalebound, and so with nothing to look forward to all my attention has been on Sony delivering the goods and MS being totally out of the radar. I'm not expecting them to beat a shenmue announcement (because to me they can't get me more excited than that... unless they create dreamcast emulation! xD) but I'm hoping for some solid new titles (and some more Japanese love, lost odyssey is awesome dammit!)

Tl;dr: yipppieeee!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby FlagshipFighter » Mon May 15, 2017 7:58 pm

Bluecast wrote: I can wait on Switch tho there is a few games I do want. Some only announced and not out yet.
Xbox One there is a few but only 1 game that is truly compelling for me in Raiden V. Raiden V is just not enough to get a system for tho when I have enough shmups on 360 and PS4 to be happy.

Hmmm, Im not familiar with this title, is it some sort of space shooter (schmup?) like ikaruga?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming