Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Postby ShenGCH » Tue May 16, 2017 3:33 am

Peter wrote: Image

Hype is officially real now.....

Is this not just wishful thinking? Unless he's in the know - and we've no indication of that from this tweet - this isn't exactly a confirmation or anything.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Tue May 16, 2017 4:06 am

I never said it was confirming anything. It was in the context of yesterday when the topic of Shenmue HD was resurrected both here at the Dojo and also on NeoGaf. Obviously he was reading what we were discussing over there.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Kiske » Tue May 16, 2017 4:21 am

There have been a few tweets about a Shenmue HD reveal at E3 yesterday but I can't find any article pointing at the original source. In other words, I can't find out on what the rumor lies. The NeoGaf thread? The SEGA news about revived IPs?

https://twitter.com/Balvinsanity/status ... 1733902336

https://twitter.com/koopaskull/status/8 ... 9267320832

If any of you finds out something, please post some info. :)

This pre-E3 time is already crazy and we are almost 4 weeks away!
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby shredingskin » Tue May 16, 2017 4:25 am

shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:32 am

Even if the game is delayed, they should have a good amount of updated material to show and should not miss the opportunity to promote the game at the E3. But above all I think they should show a nice trailer to please the fans, after 2 years, maybe it would be bad press for them if they don't show anything.

About Huber's tweet, for me it seems he doesn't know if ShenmueHD is going to be announced but want to support it like this.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Kiske » Tue May 16, 2017 4:36 am

Yeah. We talked about this here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50793

Too good to be true I guess.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Peter » Tue May 16, 2017 4:46 am

Kiske wrote: There have been a few tweets about a Shenmue HD reveal at E3 yesterday but I can't find any article pointing at the original source. In other words, I can't find out on what the rumor lies. The NeoGaf thread? The SEGA news about revived IPs?

It was a combination of the Sega article, and the posting of what you mentioned about the legitimacy of Rice Digital, with the "I Love Japanese Games" calling the Parappa the Rappa crossover. From there, especially on NeoGaf, Shenmue HD was constantly discussed. Even people are looking into playing the originals as of yesterday, with me and Spaghetti encouraging them to do so.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Kiske » Tue May 16, 2017 5:35 am

Peter wrote:
Kiske wrote: There have been a few tweets about a Shenmue HD reveal at E3 yesterday but I can't find any article pointing at the original source. In other words, I can't find out on what the rumor lies. The NeoGaf thread? The SEGA news about revived IPs?

It was a combination of the Sega article, and the posting of what you mentioned about the legitimacy of Rice Digital, with the "I Love Japanese Games" calling the Parappa the Rappa crossover. From there, especially on NeoGaf, Shenmue HD was constantly discussed. Even people are looking into playing the originals as of yesterday, with me and Spaghetti encouraging them to do so.

That's very likely. I'm following the thread on NeoGaf. Nice to see it "revived" :mrgreen:

Great job guys!
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Spaghetti » Tue May 16, 2017 6:26 am

ConanTheKing wrote:If it doesn't, should we start to worry?

I am thinking that even if gameplay is not ready, even some teaser trailer or another concept trailer would be better than nothing. It would be a shame if this game entered development hell but to be honest, I guess it already has been for the past decade.

I don't think it's worth outright worry. And it wouldn't be development hell in any case either (Final Fantasy Versus 13/15 is development hell, Shenmue III was the absence of development at all until 2015).

While it'd be disappointing if they didn't show at E3, and with all things considered about how far along they are/what they're waiting to show (the trailer to 10K backers saw, not appearing at PSX despite saying so to 10K backers, the continued insistence on the December release date, etc), it'd still be basically under two years since they began actually developing. I can understand not showing up and holding back until they're actually ready, but it does pretty much mean they won't be shipping in 2017.

The PR handling of the situation will be the problem, not the development itself. Frankly, it'll be another PR blunder among many and if we're lucky it'll slide mostly unnoticed by anybody but us.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby celsowm » Tue May 16, 2017 8:04 am

oh boy...
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr

Postby Valascaziel » Tue May 16, 2017 8:07 am

It's gonna be Bluepoint and it'll be a full fledged HD remaster, almost a remake in quality.

Wishful thinking but what a megaton if it turns out that way.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Tue May 16, 2017 12:42 pm

[-o<
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby b_ren » Tue May 16, 2017 1:16 pm

This E3 night is going to be one crazy night, I am going to be absolutely shattered for work the next day but if anything Shenmue HD/ Shenmue 3 gets released its going to be so worth it.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Tue May 16, 2017 1:25 pm

I'm not joking, I honestly think there will be nothing shown. Just keeping my expectations low so I can't be disappointed. I'm sure I will be hyped on stream though.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby b_ren » Tue May 16, 2017 1:50 pm

I feel a bit like that for Shenmue HD to be honest I just think there is too many complications and stuff to sort out before that gets announced. Shenmue 3 on the other hand, if they are sticking to their December release then they really need to show something. If Sony are on the marketing side and don't show anything at E3 then what else can they do? To me they wouldn't be keeping their end of the bargain if they don't.

b_ren has received a thanks from: Peter
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III