Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Mon May 29, 2017 2:46 am

Time to remove that 3 from the topic title and start saying prayers for the remasters announcement!

Shenhua-Nani? has received a thanks from: Switch
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Yokosuka » Mon May 29, 2017 2:47 am

I had the right feeling about this. Pretty amusing for a trailer "supposed" to be almost seen in December 2016 lol.

Now I'v a very bipolar opinion about all of this.

It is the confirmation that the team is totally focused on the development, that Suzuki planned from the beginning to give a fuck about everything related to the marketing, as he always did when he worked for Sega. At best he was never gifted for this part of the job. In the current case, we can view this situation as a (very) good point. Shenmue 3 is likely to be a geat Shenmue imo.

But now I really fear for Shenmue 3 selling (and so do for Shenmue 4 future & the saga conclusion). NEVER seeing Shenmue 3 at E3 is a real blow. YSnet is not playing with fire but lava.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Spaghetti » Mon May 29, 2017 3:04 am

The good thing about big game press events... is that they're yearly.

And there's more than one of them.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:29 am

We could now say Shenmue 3 is going to be delayed? If they are skipping E3 and even still want to release the game in december, where and when do they want to promote the game? PSX doesn't get the same attention than E3...
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby south carmain » Mon May 29, 2017 3:30 am

Or Suzuki planned on having a trailer ready for the current E3 but sony told him that the game didn't look good enough and didn't want to waste resources on it. Not saying that's the case but you never know.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Spaghetti » Mon May 29, 2017 3:34 am

I'd say a delay is basically certain right now, and we'll know before the summer is out most likely. They'll throw something our way to dampen the blow when it happens, but a proper re-reveal could be several months away now.

south carmain wrote: Or Suzuki planned on having a trailer ready for the current E3 but sony told him that the game didn't look good enough and didn't want to waste resources on it. Not saying that's the case but you never know.

Nah, let's just take the update at face value. A decision was made, and development of the game was the choice that won out. Best long-term option, even if it means we're back to sitting on our hands waiting for more.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Mon May 29, 2017 3:38 am

south carmain wrote: Or Suzuki planned on having a trailer ready for the current E3 but sony told him that the game didn't look good enough and didn't want to waste resources on it. Not saying that's the case but you never know.

Yep that's a valuable theory too. :lol:
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby iyapol » Mon May 29, 2017 4:14 am

So, let me get this right.

The game has been in development for nearly two years, and they have absolutely nothing to show us at E3?

There is no chance this game is being released in December.
Last edited by iyapol on Mon May 29, 2017 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Mon May 29, 2017 4:17 am

They might have a lot, but maybe they don't want to show the current state, maybe sony is expecting them to show it somewhere else, maybe YS just doesn't want to "start this early" with the hype.

Who knows really.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby iyapol » Mon May 29, 2017 4:23 am

shredingskin wrote:Who knows really.

YsNet?
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Mon May 29, 2017 4:28 am

iyapol wrote:

YsNet?

Yeah but they'll only reveal what they can/want so we'll never be sure of what they really know. Someone needs to get wikileaks on the case to be quite honest, they have hid their secrets from us for too long now. The people demand the right to know!
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby iyapol » Mon May 29, 2017 4:33 am

south carmain wrote:
iyapol wrote:

YsNet?

Yeah but they'll only reveal what they can/want so we'll never be sure of what they really know. Someone needs to get wikileaks on the case to be quite honest, they have hid their secrets from us for too long now. The people demand the right to know!

I get that they don't want to spoil anything, but they can't just say 'we're not doing any game shows in June' without saying why. They're just asking for trouble.

YS himself said we would see something substantial in early 2017. We're now 6 months into 2017.

iyapol has received 2 thanks from: BlackHeaven, SickOctopus
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Mon May 29, 2017 4:36 am

I'm not expecting to reach December 2017 now. But I hope we get to see some thing before then. Unfortunate, but I can deal.

Himuro has received a thanks from: BlackHeaven
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby south carmain » Mon May 29, 2017 4:36 am

iyapol wrote:
south carmain wrote:
iyapol wrote:

YsNet?

I get that they don't want to spoil anything, but they can't just say 'we're not doing any game shows in June' without saying why. They're just asking for trouble.

YS himself said we would see something substantial in early 2017. We're now 6 months into 2017.

I was mostly joking but to be fair it's not entirely dependent on Ysnet. They have contractual obligations that limit what information they can reveal without agreement from their partners.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon May 29, 2017 4:39 am

They say they are devoting to the game, for me that's a reason for not going to the E3.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III