Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Mon May 29, 2017 11:28 am

So this means no HD release announcement at E3, since for HD release they would definitely show their face to support it.
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon May 29, 2017 11:36 am

I don't think that's true. Whoever is developing it or publishing it would be enough. Even then a little announcement or presentation doesn't require their involvement. I strongly doubt YsNet will be porting either game.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Centrale » Mon May 29, 2017 11:37 am

ShenmueForeseen wrote: So this means no HD release announcement at E3, since for HD release they would definitely show their face to support it.

I don't think YsNet would be present to reveal HD, as that is Sega's project. However, it would seem a bit odd if HD is revealed and there is no mention of III at all in the conference.

Centrale has received a thanks from: don2one
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon May 29, 2017 11:48 am

Centrale wrote:However, it would seem a bit odd if HD is revealed and there is no mention of III at all in the conference.

Gio Corsi: "Now, one of the most anticipated games currently in development for PlayStation 4, thanks to a devoted fan base and a record-breaking Kickstarter campaign, is of course Shenmue 3. (pause for understated reaction) And as you know, that long-awaited sequel will pick up the story right where the previous two games left off. But what if you never had the chance to play those games when they were first released? Well fortunately, our friends at Sega have some exciting news that we'd like to share with you all right now... (roll VT)"

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: don2one, SheepheadCG
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Esppiral » Mon May 29, 2017 12:22 pm

This makes me sad.....

I guess wee won't see anything shenmue related at E3 :sad:
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby BlueMue » Mon May 29, 2017 12:39 pm

I really should've read the text of the KS update better. I was too focused on the video and the no show statement totally flew past my head. Oh well...
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Postby mrandyk » Mon May 29, 2017 1:05 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Where's all this Shenmue III on DC talk come from all of a sudden? We've always known development never began on III. Yes, even if they made a Niao Sun character model for the premiere, and yes, even if for a long time we all thought the cut content out of the end of II (Miao Village, etc) was really Bailu in III. It never started. The most recent source we have on this is Ryan Payton saying they never really made anything past the ending point of II on a podcast.

iyapol wrote:YS himself said we would see something substantial in early 2017. We're now 6 months into 2017.

No, he didn't.

Exact quote:
“Development is entering the final stage headed towards full-scale production. Early in the new year, I think we’ll be able to show you things such as new videos.

And we've had new footage of the game, though fleeting.

While it wouldn't technically have been Shenmue 3 at the time, how can we be sure that content beyond Shenmue 2 wasn't developed for the Saturn? I agree that Shenmue 3 definitely didn't enter development for the Dreamcast.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Mon May 29, 2017 1:17 pm

mrandyk wrote:While it wouldn't technically have been Shenmue 3 at the time, how can we be sure that content beyond Shenmue 2 wasn't developed for the Saturn? I agree that Shenmue 3 definitely didn't enter development for the Dreamcast.

Same reason they didn't do anything beyond the end of II on Dreamcast. The original Shenmue, as a video game, was Yokosuka to Guilin. Doesn't matter if it was on Saturn or Dreamcast, that was the plan for the first game until it got split into two.

Pre-production work exists for the whole series, though.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby b_ren » Mon May 29, 2017 1:47 pm

I am a bit late with my post as I was disappointed when I read they wouldn't be at E3. Having taken some time to think on it I do think on the long term it's a better decision to spend time developing the game and not mess around just to show something for E3. I just hope that Sony do keep their end of the bargain and promote the game when it is ready, the kickstarter updates are generally poor and just feel like they are made because they sort of have to.

That being said I was impressed by the character model they have shown this month, reminds me of a street fighter you would seen in Shenmue II.

All we can hope for now is a confirmation for Shenmue HD. I'm still gonna watch the Shenmue Dojo stream during Sony's conference though I think. You never know what will show up.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ys » Mon May 29, 2017 3:02 pm

Spaghetti wrote:
iyapol wrote:YS himself said we would see something substantial in early 2017. We're now 6 months into 2017.

No, he didn't.

Exact quote:
“Development is entering the final stage headed towards full-scale production. Early in the new year, I think we’ll be able to show you things such as new videos.

Though it's a bit of a stretch to call that substantial. Wasn't there supposed to be a pc demo already for certain backers during Spring 2017?

But I don't think that this necessarily reflects the current progress as some wondered. When you look at the video you can see what seems to be the date of the source file : 2017.01.18
So I suspect that they are farther in development. Didn't Yu say that early 2017 was about testing game systems?
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Mon May 29, 2017 3:09 pm

ys wrote:Wasn't there supposed to be a pc demo already for certain backers during Spring 2017?

They never really pinned a timeframe on the backer demo with any absolute certainty. There's been no official comment on that aspect since probably 2015, actually; though I wouldn't be surprised if it's something we hear about before the end of the summer.

In fact, when the inevitable delay announcement comes, more details on the backer demo could be what is used to soften the blow.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Mon May 29, 2017 3:59 pm

ys wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:

No, he didn't.

Exact quote:

Though it's a bit of a stretch to call that substantial. Wasn't there supposed to be a pc demo already for certain backers during Spring 2017?

But I don't think that this necessarily reflects the current progress as some wondered. When you look at the video you can see what seems to be the date of the source file : 2017.01.18
So I suspect that they are farther in development. Didn't Yu say that early 2017 was about testing game systems?

Good point, the demo is the only marker we got from the officials and I do remember it was barely planned for Summer 2017. Its date release is going to be an appreciated tool to know how Ysnet are in time.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby iyapol » Mon May 29, 2017 5:05 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Where's all this Shenmue III on DC talk come from all of a sudden? We've always known development never began on III. Yes, even if they made a Niao Sun character model for the premiere, and yes, even if for a long time we all thought the cut content out of the end of II (Miao Village, etc) was really Bailu in III. It never started. The most recent source we have on this is Ryan Payton saying they never really made anything past the ending point of II on a podcast.

No, he didn't.

Exact quote:

Don't be so pedantic, Spags. New videos (plural) would be substantial in my eyes.

iyapol has received a thanks from: BlackHeaven
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shenmue_Trilogy » Mon May 29, 2017 5:35 pm

Well, here it is.gif

After all the tiny information we got in the last two years, no real gameplay and the not finished face of ryo I am not really suprised. I think we should be more realistic about the development of the game in the future and stop dreaming otherwise you will be disappointed over and over again.
As I said before a release in 2017 is absolutely unrealistic - by the end 2018 will be more realistic right now BUT this could also mean that a new Playstation could be announced or even released which could kill the hype of the shenmue 3 :(

Shenmue_Trilogy has received a thanks from: BlackHeaven
Shenmue_Trilogy
Master of the Three Blades

Postby khmlight3 » Mon May 29, 2017 5:48 pm

Shenmue_Trilogy wrote: Well, here it is.gif

After all the tiny information we got in the last two years, no real gameplay and the not finished face of ryo I am not really suprised. I think we should be more realistic about the development of the game in the future and stop dreaming otherwise you will be disappointed over and over again.
As I said before a release in 2017 is absolutely unrealistic - by the end 2018 will be more realistic right now BUT this could also mean that a new Playstation could be announced or even released which could kill the hype of the shenmue 3 :(

The PS5 is probably not coming out until 2019 or 2020 so we don't have to worry.
khmlight3

PSN: thunderlight10
XBL: khmlight3
Currently playing: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III