Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

Postby Telekill » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:07 pm

Yeah, the guy that wrote that article seems to already be expecting the worst. I don't see how Yu Suzuki or YsNet have been deceitful in any measure. If anything, I feel they've been more open about Shenmue 3's development than most other Kickstarter games.

*shrugs*

I guess some of us are more patient than others.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:40 pm

Suzuki and his team are working more than ten hours a day, could it be possible they still release the game in December and promote the game right before launching it and after the launch? Maybe at Tokyo game show or psx.
They seem pretty sure about the release dates and because of that they didn't say anything about delaying the game.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:59 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
So the shape wasn't even relevant at all. :lol:

The Six looked trolliously obvious. I feel retard. :???:

Are you always so concerned about posting "behind their back" when discussing someone's public output, or is this a special case for some reason?

There is a comment section below the article. It's not like this guy pretended not to be open to discussion, so it sounded a bit impolite to my ears and not very constructive.
Last edited by Yokosuka on Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:23 pm

Peter wrote: I have zero doubts Shenmue HD is ready to go, but I think it's Shenmue 3 and YSNET that may be holding it up. As they said in their last update, they still don't have their schedule locked down so until then, I can't see Sega releasing them, or even promoting them until there are clear indications of a schedule from the Japanese development team.

If Shenmue 3 is a way off, be it a year or even 2 years delay, then there are multiple risks for releasing Shenmue HD too early, including people forgetting about the franchise all over again based on a potentially long period of time between a HD release date, to Shenmue 3 release date. Another risk is HD remasters bringing a lot more fans into the franchise which, despite being amazing, means the pressure placed on YSNET to hurry up with Shenmue 3 increases, and they are already feeling enough of that as it is with the game being a Kickstarter.

I'm not expecting anything at E3 at all, but it would be nice to be surprised.

Respectfully disagree with your assertions. It is PIVOTAL that SEGA release Shenmue I/II HD as soon as possible. The more time we have to market Shenmue I/II HD to the masses, the better. You also make the argument that it's bad to have more fans because of more pressure? Really? THAT IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN FIGHTING FOR DECADES!!

The more time and more fans we can attract in that time THE BETTER.

SEGA SHOULD KNOW THIS.
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby darksniper » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:15 pm

If everything is going "according to plan" I'm kind of envious at any new Shenmue fans who would be playing through I and II, then going straight into 3 within a 6 month time window.

Hoping that Sega releases I and II ASAP and that Shenmue III gets delayed so they can feel our pain. :twisted:
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:48 pm

ShenmueLegacy wrote:
Peter wrote: I have zero doubts Shenmue HD is ready to go, but I think it's Shenmue 3 and YSNET that may be holding it up. As they said in their last update, they still don't have their schedule locked down so until then, I can't see Sega releasing them, or even promoting them until there are clear indications of a schedule from the Japanese development team.

If Shenmue 3 is a way off, be it a year or even 2 years delay, then there are multiple risks for releasing Shenmue HD too early, including people forgetting about the franchise all over again based on a potentially long period of time between a HD release date, to Shenmue 3 release date. Another risk is HD remasters bringing a lot more fans into the franchise which, despite being amazing, means the pressure placed on YSNET to hurry up with Shenmue 3 increases, and they are already feeling enough of that as it is with the game being a Kickstarter.

Respectfully disagree with your assertions. It is PIVOTAL that SEGA release Shenmue I/II HD as soon as possible. The more time we have to market Shenmue I/II HD to the masses, the better. You also make the argument that it's bad to have more fans because of more pressure? Really? THAT IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN FIGHTING FOR DECADES!!

SEGA SHOULD KNOW THIS.

OK! I HEAR WHAT YOU ARE SAYING! NO NEED TO SHOOOOOOOUT!

Now then...

Believe it or not I disagree with my own post, but in a weird way, I am trying to find logic in what we all disagree with together.... Why these HD releases are not out yet. That's all. I'm trying to justify not releasing games which are heavily rumored to have been completed for some time.

So then, if you respectfully disagree, then cool. So what's all your explanations for these completed games not being announced, never mind released?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Suzuki Yu » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:12 pm

i think it's the opposite, it's very important and a better business practice that SEGA releases Shenmue I&II Remasters at least 1 year a head of Shenmue 3.
Shenmue as a brand is in absolute need for newcomers even more than relying on it's own followers. they will need to space the releases fairly enough between the remasters & 3 so that as much as possible people will be able to try the games before the release of Shenmue 3 and of course making the best outcome of both releases sales wise.

i also think this will definitely benefit the current Paypal Campaign greatly when it's announced & when it's released early enough. (if the campaign continues up to the release of the remasters of course)
Suzuki Yu
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby mrandyk » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:16 pm

I think it makes the most sense to release Shenmue 1 HD 9-12 months before the release of Shenmue 3, and then Shenmue 2 HD 3-6 months before the release of Shenmue 3. That's assuming they are released separately.

No one at Sega knows when Shenmue 3 is actually coming out though, so it would be foolish for them to announce the games now.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Telekill » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:19 pm

Peter wrote:
ShenmueLegacy wrote:

SEGA SHOULD KNOW THIS.

Now then...

Believe it or not I disagree with my own post, but in a weird way, I am trying to find logic in what we all disagree with together.... Why these HD releases are not out yet. That's all. I'm trying to justify not releasing games which are heavily rumored to have been completed for some time.

So then, if you respectfully disagree, then cool. So what's all your explanations for these completed games not being announced, never mind released?

Well, its been obvious this last 15 years that Sega doesn't give a crap about most of their IPs or fans of those IPs. I fully expect the president of Sega to go up on stage. The screens behind him go dark and the Shenmue theme starts playing. A trailer for Shenmue HD Collection is shown and when the lights come up he is there holding a PS4 copy of the game.

Sega president: "This is the only copy of Shenmue HD Collection in existence.

He then opens it up. Takes the disc out, holding it up. Then snaps the disc, drops the shards on stage and holds up two middle fingers while yelling "fuck you!". He then walks off and the next presenter is so stunned that he forgets he's supposed to start.

Telekill has received a thanks from: darksniper
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby balkonsky » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:00 am

Hello good people of Dojo,

I have been reading some of the comments in regards to Shenmue HD release. I don't understand why is everyone fixated on the idea that it makes more sense for Sega to release Shenmue HD ahead of Shenmue 3.

No one really knows if HD release is even real, maybe the development has not even started. They could be skeptical about popularity of the game, as only 70k people have pre-ordered the game so far (how many have done it multiple times?).

It also could be a question of profit, do they make any significant profit from Shenmue 3 sales? If not they might see it more beneficial to wait until after Shenmue 3 release to boost Shenmue HD sales, not the other way around.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, to lazy to read every post
balkonsky
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:59 am

Yokosuka wrote:There is a comment section below the article. It's not like this guy pretended not to be open to discussion, so it sounded a bit impolite to my ears and not very constructive.

Shenmue III has an official comments section on Kickstarter, but here we are.

balkonsky wrote:Hello good people of Dojo,

Hello.

balkonsky wrote:I have been reading some of the comments in regards to Shenmue HD release. I don't understand why is everyone fixated on the idea that it makes more sense for Sega to release Shenmue HD ahead of Shenmue 3.

The story doesn't end with Shenmue 3. There will need to be at least a Shenmue 4, and for that to be given a proper publishing deal before Yu Suzuki's immortality serum runs out the sales of Shenmue 3 will need to be impressive at launch, not spread out over the next few years when the buzz has worn off. So to maximize those sales from day one, we'd like potential new fans who are intrigued by Shenmue 3's pre-launch hype to be given the chance to get on board from the first chapter so they're ready and willing to buy the new game as soon as they're able.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:04 am

Releasing the HD remaster before 3 generates interest in the new upcoming game rather than retroactively generate interest when sales matter less when the new product been on the shelf awhile long enough for used copies or steam sales where they see very little of that money. Release it now and get those who never played before curious and retain some of those people to get excited for III and buy it new launch week.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby balkonsky » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:05 am

Bluecast wrote: Releasing the HD remaster before 3 generates interest in the new upcoming game rather than retroactively generate interest when sales matter less when the new product been on the shelf awhile long enough for used copies or steam sales where they see very little of that money. Release it now and get those who never played before curious and retain some of those people to get excited for III and buy it new launch week.

Right, my assumption is of course that Sega has no financial benefit (or very small) in boosting Shenmue 3 sales, so they care less. Yet if Shenmue 3 is a success they can reap the benefit of releasing the HD after. I do not see any better explanation into why would they wait so long to announce it.

In the long run our view makes sense in a bet to continue series beyond Shenmue 3, but for Sega it might be too much of a gamble at the moment.
balkonsky
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:53 am

Peter wrote:
ShenmueLegacy wrote:

SEGA SHOULD KNOW THIS.

Now then...

DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME THE FIRST TIME??? Just messing...

In regards to never being announced...maybe because they became obsolete after a few console generations?

SEGA may have been sitting on these HD releases since the Xbox 360, but knew they could now enhance or remaster it even more so after the confirmation Shenmue III would be funded, as they could easily find a developer to bring it to today's quality and get a better return on their investment with the new hype.

https://twitter.com/blitworks/status/731058982878580736

As much as we would like to believe SEGA wouldn't invest any more in the Shenmue saga, they still have an investment in it, even more so since Shenmue III's funding success.

1. Quality Remaster = Quality Return
2. Shenmue III Success = Saga Reinvestment
3. Profit

SEGA has surprised folks with remasters before...

phpBB [video]
Last edited by ShenmueLegacy on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:54 am

ShenmueLegacy wrote:
Peter wrote:
ShenmueLegacy wrote:

SEGA SHOULD KNOW THIS.

Now then...

DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME THE FIRST TIME??? Just messing...

In regards to never being announced...maybe because they became obsolete after a few console generations?

SEGA may have been sitting on these HD releases since the Xbox 360, but knew they could now enhance or remaster it even more so after the confirmation Shenmue III would be funded, as they could easily find a developer to bring it to today's quality and get a better return on their investment with the new hype.

https://twitter.com/blitworks/status/731058982878580736

As much as we would like to believe SEGA wouldn't invest any more in the Shenmue saga, they still have an investment in it, even more so since Shenmue III's funding success.

1. Quality Remaster = Quality Return
2. Shenmue III Resurrection = Saga Reinvestment
3. Profit

It wouldn't be SEGA's first remaster either...

phpBB [video]
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III