YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:25 pm

Why are you asking on a fan forum if you're not going to entertain replies from anyone but Ys Net?
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Deta » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:38 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Why are you asking on a fan forum if you're not going to entertain replies from anyone but Ys Net?

Lets make something right. I made a statment, very valid one. One can close their eyes from it if they please. But it doesnt make it any less concerning. I didnt ask anything from anyone specifically, you quoted me and wanted me to address your "points". Well i addressed your points which were nothing more than your own brain farts masked as a truth, which they were not.
Now you are mumbling something about entertaining replies. I dont know man, what are you trying to do here. Just arguing?
Last edited by Deta on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deta has received a thanks from: RootyKazooty
Deta
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:46 pm

YSnet aren't going to say where the money is from, so this is cyclical and pointless if you're not satisfied by valid suggestions made by other posters.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SheepheadCG » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:55 pm

Interesting thread on Reddit that just popped up and caught my eye. The Star Citizen Sub Reddit are praising how upfront and genuine Yu Suzuki and YsNet have been in regards to the delay:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6g109g/if_sq42_gets_changed_to_a_2018_release_i_hope_cig/

When you think about it, they are 100% correct. CIG (Cloud Imperium Games - the people behind Star Citizen) have delayed the game (and the pre-alpha content drops) over and over, which is fine and people expect it, but they always do it at the very last minute with a note on the forums etc. YsNet handled this perfectly with grace and confidence (even though Yu did look a bit worried/disappointed in the video :P). With the whole Awesome Japan craziness, it's very nice to see a complete 180 where we hear a direct statement from Yu himself.

WP YsNet!

SheepheadCG has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Deta » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:55 pm

Spaghetti wrote: YSnet aren't going to say where the money is from, so this is cyclical and pointless if you're not satisfied by valid suggestions made by other posters.

I know YSnet wont tell where the money is from. It was more of a rhetorical question. Brain storming.

What are the valid suggestions exactly? All I see is ppl belittling this one dude because he was concerned about the financial side.
I know its pointless. I didnt start it, I just made my statement but someone just had to come and start spewing nonsense and claiming they know what is truth and what is not.

Deta

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:16 pm

SheepheadCG wrote: even though Yu did look a bit worried/disappointed in the video :P

The other good news of the day is that Yu might not have to work every night anymore. The bloke must be seriously exhausted.

Yokosuka has received 2 thanks from: RootyKazooty, SheepheadCG
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Yama » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:19 pm

Realistically it was just a matter of time, I'm happy they got it out of the way now to alleviate any questions bound to come up around E-3. What they're accomplishing with a team of their size is actually quite remarkable and there are so many bright spots to come from the past year of progress. All we can ask for is the best capable product from the team at hand and if more time is necessary, then so be it. I fully trust in Yu-san's vision. I know it sounds cliche at this point, but what's another year with the amount of time we've already waited? Though some are bound to be more cynical, the magic of the announcement never has and never will wear off for me. As a community we are incredibly fortunate. We all want what's best for the series, whatever you may or may not believe that to be, more time being devoted to the project is a good thing. 2018 will be an exciting time for us Shenmue fans.

Yama has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, fittersau, Sean
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Deta wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Why are you asking on a fan forum if you're not going to entertain replies from anyone but Ys Net?

Lets make something right. I made a statment, very valid one. One can close their eyes from it if they please. But it doesnt make it any less concerning. I didnt ask anything from anyone specifically, you quoted me and wanted me to address your "points". Well i addressed your points which were nothing more than your own brain farts masked as a truth, which they were not.
Now you are mumbling something about entertaining replies. I dont know man, what are you trying to do here. Just arguing?

Try again without selective quoting.

Or don't. Now that I've seen who you are, I'm past giving a shit what you have to say about anything.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:39 pm

Why so much hostility in these KS updates? :???:

Bluecast has received a thanks from: RootyKazooty
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Deta » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:44 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Deta wrote:

Try again without selective quoting.

Or don't. Now that I've seen who you are, I'm past giving a shit what you have to say about anything.

Aww you are a special snowflake arent you? Someone making an argument and you start freaking out? Dont be so cocky next time.

Deta

Postby ShenSun » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Very happy with this announcement. Take as long as you need Yu.

'The game has become bigger and more beautiful than I initially expected.'

This statement is all i need to be reassured about the project. Suzuki isn't a typical developer and always pushes the limits and innovates. I think we're all going to be blown away when the game is finally released.

ShenSun has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, KidMarine, Yama
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:46 pm

Snowflake is like the lamest excuse for a insult ever. I don't know how that became a thing but it's about as insulting as calling a white guy a cracker. Gee golly such a insult..ruined someones day with that one. :lol:

Bluecast wrote:Why so much hostility in these KS updates? :???:

Also again I ask.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Yama » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:51 pm

Bluecast wrote: Snowflake is like the lamest excuse for a insult ever. I don't know how that became a thing but it's about as insulting as calling a white guy a cracker. Gee golly such a insult..ruined someones day with that one. :lol:

Also again I ask.

Can we please stay on topic? Post with relevant discussion only please.

Yama has received a thanks from: fittersau
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Deta » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:52 pm

Bluecast wrote: Snowflake is like the lamest excuse for a insult ever. I don't know how that became a thing but it's about as insulting as calling a white guy a cracker. Gee golly such a insult..ruined someones day with that one. :lol:

Also again I ask.

:rotflmao: Im deeply sorry I couldnt think anything better. But seriously if you are being a baby and cant handle criticism then im calling you out. Simple as that.

Deta

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:53 pm

Sorry. :sad:

Bluecast has received a thanks from: RootyKazooty
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III