Unpopular film/TV opinions post yours!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Unpopular film/TV opinions post yours!

Postby KidMarine » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:41 am

The best Star Trek movie is The Motion Picture.

The Original Series > Deep Space Nine > The Next Generation > Enterprise >>>>>>>>> Voyager

Star Wars and Empire are good fun but every other movie in the series is a different shade of shit.
Last edited by KidMarine on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Mr. Frozen » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:48 am

KidMarine wrote: The best Star Trek movie is The Motion Picture.

I don't think most would disagree with that. I like TNG better, but the movies with TNG cast (excluding the first one) were hot garbage.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Mr357 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:34 pm

KidMarine wrote:Star Wars and Empire are good fun but every other movie in the series is a different shade of shit.

Indeed. Even Return of the Jedi only has the throne room scene(s) going for it.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Enigma » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:45 am

Cool thread idea!

Speaking of Star Wars: I enjoy George Lucas' films and the EU way more than the new Disney Star Wars films. The prequels, while cheesy, I found to be far more creative and original than this new trilogy so far.
Enigma
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: SWOTOR

Postby Kenny » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:40 pm

Mr357 wrote:
KidMarine wrote:Star Wars and Empire are good fun but every other movie in the series is a different shade of shit.

Indeed. Even Return of the Jedi only has the throne room scene(s) going for it.

Return of the Jedi is my favorite so, unpopular opinion time, Empire is overrated garbage compared to the other two in the OT. It's more than the throne scene, it was also the Jabba's palace scene. All of it. And I don't care what anyone else thinks, but I love the Ewoks. They got me into Star Wars because of the (pretty) brutal two original Ewok films.

The others are rightfully in the majority of opinions of being mediocre or absolute garbage compared to the originals.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Amir » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:44 am

A.I. is the greatest film of all time.

Barry Lyndon is the 2nd.

Speed Racer is amazing (I saw it twice in the cinema).

The Dark Knight Rises is the best of the trilogy.

Interstellar may be Nolan's best.

Spider-Man 3 isn't the worst Spider-Man film, and the dancing scenes are great, nailing the idea of a nerd who thinks he's cool and bad-ass; my issues are with Sandman's on-the nose dialogue ("I'm not a bad man"), poor handling of Venom, and ultimately cramming too much in one film.

The Matrix sequels, while certainly flawed, are not without merit (I like all the Neo/Trinity + Neo/Smith scenes in Revolutions especially).

The 2014 Godzilla was a good film, and much better than Kong: Skull Island; the praise for the latter baffles me.

Of the original 5 Planet of the Apes films, Conquest is the best.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Sonikku » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:06 am

Mr. Frozen wrote:
KidMarine wrote: The best Star Trek movie is The Motion Picture.

I don't think most would disagree with that. I like TNG better, but the movies with TNG cast (excluding the first one) were hot garbage.

I liked First Contact. I would like Generations more if the Enterprise D hadn't gotten its ass kicked by some old banged up bird of prey. :no:

I can't stand Motion Picture. This was back in the time when they painted a woman green and called it an alien. Or shaved a woman's head and called it an alien. :lol: I can get past that. I can even get past all the tents the Enterprise crew are pitching in those really tight uniforms. But there comes a part where they're talking in slow motion.... "FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" etc where it got so cheesy, I literally felt embarrassed for watching it.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby shredingskin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:21 am

I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion but twin peaks season 3 kinda really sucks.

I have an extension to fast forward and I usually watch it at x3/x4 speed, if I had to play it at normal speed I'll probably start hitting my head on the wall.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby myshtuff » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:54 pm

shredingskin wrote: I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion but twin peaks season 3 kinda really sucks.

I have an extension to fast forward and I usually watch it at x3/x4 speed, if I had to play it at normal speed I'll probably start hitting my head on the wall.

I just watched the latest episode and I was thinking the same thing. It's just awful. I wanted to like it so bad but Jesus Christ it's going nowhere. I'll wait till it's all over to give a true final opinion, but it's not looking good. What's nuts is that people keep blowing David Lynch and while yes he's good, this is almost inexcusable.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:36 am

Didn't think the first season of Twin Peaks was all that great, honestly. I'm actually really surprised this was considered a hit show back in the day. I can't find anything in it that's endearing or gripping. At times it can be mildly interesting, but that's as far as it ever got.
Last edited by Kenny on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:37 pm

Kenny wrote: Didn't think the first season of Twin Peaks was all that great, honestly. I'm actually really surprised this was considered a hit show back in the day. I can't find anything in it that's endearing or gripping. At times I can be mildly interesting, but that's as far as it ever got.

I only agree with the typo version of this statement.

Rakim has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, myshtuff
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:09 am

Good, that guarantees me no stalkers.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby oliquidrusho » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:25 am

Amir wrote:The 2014 Godzilla was a good film, and much better than Kong: Skull Island; the praise for the latter baffles me.

I haven't seen Kong yet, but it's a crime that Godzilla 2014 being a good movie is an unpopular opinion. The old Godzilla movies are campy fun, but one can argue G14 was the first quality Godzilla film made since the 1954 original. Heck, it was good enough to inspire Toho to make Shin Godzilla which is a damn fine film itself for the genre. I think if the 2014 movie had just one more action sequence with Godzilla involved, probably at the airport, the general audience consensus would've been much more favorable. I personally love G14.
oliquidrusho
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:58 pm

Is it that boring Gareth Edwards movie where Godzilla doesn't do anything until the end cause they keep cutting away from the action and Bryan Cranston spends every 10 minutes weeping about his wife?

Shin Godzilla was way better than that stupid horseshit. Even the Emmerich Godzilla was more enjoyable to watch despite the fact it's a turd.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:00 pm

-Escape from New York is pretty uninteresting, and even though it's a rip off, Metal Gear Solid is much more entertaining.
-Nolan's Batman movies are really not that great, especially the third one.
-Jedi's are the most uninteresting bunch in all of cinema and people only like them because they have lightsabers. The Sith are just as boring. The Star Wars Universe is not that interesting overall.
-Star Trek, as a whole, is a bunch of interesting philosophical ideas with very poor production values and story presentation. The episodes are largely not very fun to watch... so I like the new movies best.
-I don't watch Doctor Who but it's also probably pretty stupid.
-Game of Thrones is not very good. The author kills off characters because he doesn't know how to end plot threads, so he just uses shock (of death) to distract his audience. Everyone will dislike the show when it ends in a very mediocre way (see Lost).

Thief has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, sand4fish
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic