Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Mr357 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:55 pm

OL wrote:Seems like early access games rarely ever evolve into a "final" version.[/color]

Naturally, there's a reason for that. If an early access game is officially released, the developers/publishers are required to give refunds to anyone who owns the game and wants their money back.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby KiBa » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:08 am

Thankfully Starbound was eventually released in a much better state than most of early access scared us to believe.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby sand4fish » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:08 am

If there is a game that I would want localized more than anything else ever made would be this one:

phpBB [video]

A Japanese Cloverfield, Disaster Report with Kaijus, Godzilla and Ultraman? Please make it happen Bandai Namco!

sand4fish has received a thanks from: OL
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby OL » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:56 am

Sweet, been waiting to hear more about that one. It's from Kazuma Kujo, the creator of the Disaster Report/Raw Danger series (Zettai Zetsume Toshi in Japan), so it's basically that series, except instead of flooding or earthquakes, the disaster is giant freakin' monsters.
Looks good. Still waiting to hear more on Disaster Report 4, too.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby ShenGCH » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:48 am

Got a spare Steam key for Day of the Tentacle: Remastered if anyone wants it.

6VM5L-E???J-5J9MG

Missing letters hint: 'Zebra', first letter of Ryo's name, and the first one again.

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: Calshot
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Calshot » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:56 am

^
Got it.

Thanks. \:D/

Calshot has received a thanks from: ShenGCH
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby ShenGCH » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:22 am

Calshot wrote: ^
Got it.

Thanks. \:D/

No worries, man. Enjoy!
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kiske » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:12 am

NaturalVision 4K GTA V mod. trailer

phpBB [video]

Wow.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:35 pm

phpBB [video]
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby FlagshipFighter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:55 am

Axm wrote:Interfaces

Remember our prior discussion about interfaces? Well, the points that I praised on the xbone's behalf will soon be meaningless it seems: MS are overhauling the xbone (in a big way) for the 4th time (2nd time this year) and according to what's been said by those in the alpha test ring, things are really not looking good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/commen ... w_xbox_ui/

*sigh* they need to do something about this quick, there's hardly anything redeeming about this new UI other than a more versatile guide which is has now introduced new issues.

And remember how the ads didn't bother me because they were visually nice/lively and ordered neatly in a column on the right. Yeah, that's no longer the case, they're right front centre now looking out of place and annoying, presenting things as 'suggested content'.

The home area itself looks to be a visually awful and the fact that they're removing some features (like 50% of pins) baffles me what's going on there. I sincerely hope they reconsider releasing this and think things through a little better what they're actually doing. You gotta question there focus sometimes, they we on the right direction until now.

Honestly, if you haven't already sold your xbone and are content with your other platforms (PC, PS4 etc) now might be a good time to give it some thought. I'm still sticking with it as the majority of my games library/friends is on there and still enjoying what's here and the things to come like backwards compat etc but if you don't have those ties, might be worth reconsidering.

Just thought this was worth bringing up. Let's hope at least sony/PS4 is going in an upwards direction with v5.0...
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Axm » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:26 pm

FlagshipFighter wrote:
Axm wrote:Interfaces

Remember our prior discussion about interfaces? Well, the points that I praised on the xbone's behalf will soon be meaningless it seems: MS are overhauling the xbone (in a big way) for the 4th time (2nd time this year) and according to what's been said by those in the alpha test ring, things are really not looking good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/commen ... w_xbox_ui/

*sigh* they need to do something about this quick, there's hardly anything redeeming about this new UI other than a more versatile guide which is has now introduced new issues.

And remember how the ads didn't bother me because they were visually nice/lively and ordered neatly in a column on the right. Yeah, that's no longer the case, they're right front centre now looking out of place and annoying, presenting things as 'suggested content'.

The home area itself looks to be a visually awful and the fact that they're removing some features (like 50% of pins) baffles me what's going on there. I sincerely hope they reconsider releasing this and think things through a little better what they're actually doing. You gotta question there focus sometimes, they we on the right direction until now.

Honestly, if you haven't already sold your xbone and are content with your other platforms (PC, PS4 etc) now might be a good time to give it some thought. I'm still sticking with it as the majority of my games library/friends is on there and still enjoying what's here and the things to come like backwards compat etc but if you don't have those ties, might be worth reconsidering.

Just thought this was worth bringing up. Let's hope at least sony/PS4 is going in an upwards direction with v5.0...

I saw a news post about that and thought oh good! Then saw its basically still a jumbled mess, just in a different way. In some ways trying to be more like PS4 and Switch yet missing the point altogether still.
Doesn't really change my desire to sell the thing or not. System still doesn't have the games I want and for the foreseeable future. Just need a tipping point like wanting something else enough and being strapped for cash.

Axm has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Amir » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:30 am

Rez Infinite came out for PC, so naturally I've ordered a Rift + Touch. Away this weekend so will be picking it up on Monday :)

Amir has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Sonikku
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Amir » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:10 am

Set up my Rift and Touch last night. Played Rez Infinite for 2 hours. Beautiful.

Amir has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Kintor
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby sand4fish » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:58 am

The mo-cap actor behind Revolver Ocelot's gun skill:

phpBB [video]

sand4fish has received 2 thanks from: Coromasta, Mr357
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby myshtuff » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:53 pm

Just bought a retron 5, a bunch of random games off eBay and a local shop, and 2 SNES30 Bluetooth controllers from 8BitDo. Now that everything is set up it's great, but holy fucking bloody hell getting the controllers properly paired and mapped for all consoles was like a 2 day effort. Had to downgrade firmware, look up button mapping settings online, and go through multiple failed attempts at pairing. If anyone ever gets this setup and can't figure it out I'd be happy to write some instructions. For now though, time to play some NBA jam on Genesis.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming