Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:27 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote:
mjq jazz bar wrote:Man, this is getting savaged on NeoGAF. I don't think it looks that bad, but it looks too much like a generic UE4 game to me.

wat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah... I mean what even is a "generic UE4 game"? No such thing.
tech demos: sonic, Zelda in the UE4 engine, for instance. There's something about the lighting and textures that always looks the same and a bit lifeless. I'm not saying this looks horrible by any means, but that's what it reminds me of.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:28 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote:
mjq jazz bar wrote:Man, this is getting savaged on NeoGAF. I don't think it looks that bad, but it looks too much like a generic UE4 game to me.

wat

Yeah... I mean what even is a "generic UE4 game"? No such thing.
tech demos: sonic, Zelda in the UE4 engine, for instance. There's something about the lighting and textures that always looks the same and a bit lifeless. I'm not saying this looks horrible by any means, but that's what it reminds me of.

Yeah, it looks way better and more detailed than those tech demos.

TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Yama » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:28 pm

I'm down to analyze later, but for now, I just want to rejoice. That cave scene alone was a box of pent up emotions just ready to explode, words can not describe the feeling. Everything to follow was an immediate bonus. This is why anyone who has seen has kept the faith and now everyone else should as well.

Yama has received 5 thanks from: Hyo Razuki, Kiske, ShenmueTree, Sonoshee, VukBZ2005
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Yama » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:29 pm

ShenmueForeseen wrote:Does anyone else think Shenhua looks a lot better here in motion than the screenshot we all have seen recently suggested?

I love her character model. It's a new engine yet still stays true to the art style we all love. Aside from being in progress yet, the difference is more technical than it is artistic.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:30 pm

BlueMue wrote: The way that Ryo just knocks Mr. Muscles down after protecting Shenhua and how he then fights him in that sunset scene makes me believe that it's some thug at first but he turns into a friend. You know, kinda like Goro, except that this guy actually has skills.

I have to say it now, I absolute love that training scene with the old man on the boats. Pure Shenmue and Kung-Fu movie essence and it's pretty damn well coreographed and animated.

Fuck, this scene is just amazing! Beautiful and well animated, movements, even on the jacket are well done. Pretty impressive.

Fuck those comments on youtube and gaf, people are toxic and stupid these days!
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby adom11800 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:31 pm

Oh my god, I loved this trailer! Shenmue 3 looks beautiful! Ryo and Shenhua looks so damn good! This trailer made me so happy! I wasn't expecting the game to look this good as it's still not out for another year or so but my god this is Shenmue! Right from the start it gave me that vibe! Seriously Yu Suzuki, you have done a great job and I couldn't be more grateful to you.

I don't think the characters look emotionless, I've never been one to care what others think but maybe they could show a bit more emotion I guess but this is one the first trailer. The FIRST trailer of Shenmue 3. Hopefully the emotions of the characters face will improve but it's still not bad. I definitely saw it in the characters and felt everything Shenmue through the whole trailer!

So glad you guys liked it too!

adom11800 has received a thanks from: RenDur89
adom11800
Master of the Three Blades

Postby VukBZ2005 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:34 pm

Hazuki00 wrote:Fuck, this scene is just amazing! Beautiful and well animated, movements, even on the jacket are well done. Pretty impressive.

Yes! Like Spaghetti, it's the way the choreography is that gives me confidence in the end product. Now, as for NeoGAF and YT comments, I'm, again, emotional. A lot of these people are straight-up immature and degenerate in their thinking. If they can't get that this is a WIP, then I don't know what else can be done with them.

VukBZ2005 has received a thanks from: RenDur89
VukBZ2005
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: VukBZ2005
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PS4) ;)

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:35 pm

Can I just say, my 12 year old self who sat up playing Shenmue 2 when it first came out on DC (PAL) until 2 in the morning to get to the end of it is insanely happy right now to know that he will finally leave the cave.

:D

ShenmueForeseen has received 2 thanks from: DoubleO_Ren, RenDur89
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shredingskin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:37 pm

That boat traning, It has fucking something. Like a freaking deja vu that goes through ages.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby ShenSun » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Absolutely love it. The environments are spectacular. I cant wait to explore them. Music is phenomenal as always and the fighting animations look super solid and smooth. So happy and hyped right now. Shenmue is back!!!!

That said, the character models need major work. Facial animations are missing. Shenhua doesnt look right and her outfit is seriously lacking in detail, colour and texture.

Ryo looks alot younger than he actually is, but he looks miles better than Shenhua. The logo also needs to be addressed since they told us they were going with the old style last month.

Its all good though, a very nice first trailer and im sure everything is going to be worked on from here on out.

I welcome all the feedback on neogaf and youtube. It lets suzuki and co know what they need to work on going forward. Chances are they know what needs to be done and are at it already.

Constructive criticism is always a good thing, so all the "negative" feedback will be good and lead to a better game in the long run when it finally ships.

Those saying this game should stay dead can fuk themselves though.

Its early days in development, so very encouraged with what we got thus far. Cant wait for the next trailer.

ShenSun has received 2 thanks from: SheepheadCG, VukBZ2005
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby adom11800 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Ha Ryo and Shenhua walking out the cave like it was only yesterday.
adom11800

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:40 pm

VukBZ2005 wrote:
Hazuki00 wrote:Fuck, this scene is just amazing! Beautiful and well animated, movements, even on the jacket are well done. Pretty impressive.

Yes! Like Spaghetti, it's the way the choreography is that gives me confidence in the end product. Now, as for NeoGAF and YT comments, I'm, again, emotional. A lot of these people are straight-up immature and degenerate in their thinking. If they can't get that this is a WIP, then I don't know what else can be done with them.

There are two extremes... the everything is shit crowd and the everything is amazing folks. Much like life in general, the reality is in the middle. Some things look promising but there is still a hard road ahead of YS.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received 2 thanks from: TwiceFriedRice, VukBZ2005
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Scenic serenity...

ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shredingskin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:44 pm

From where are those photos with the new/old logo ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Ikuzuh » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:45 pm

Peter wrote: Apart from a few new added scenes with new characters... Finally I can talk about what my eyes saw when my jaw hit the floor!!!!

SWEET RELEASE!!! THE FUCKING CAVE IN GLORUOUS 1080P

Ah so Pete if you have seen the majority of this first teaser trailer at the backer dinner in Sept 16 then that must go to prove that the majority of this footage is almost a year old. So I deduce from that development Must actually way further ahead in many aspects which will probably be shown in a second trailer released a short time in the future. So to those negative haters I say "do one".

I must have rewatched that trailer about 15 times, it gives me goosebumps every time. The motion capture for those fight sequence is amazing, so fluid and smooth. I literally cannot wait for more.
Last edited by Ikuzuh on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ikuzuh has received 3 thanks from: ShenmueTree, Sonoshee, VukBZ2005
Ikuzuh
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III